ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   New Motorcycles from Super Motor Company (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15678)

Tiger12XC 12-21-2015 09:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The lucky punk reminds me of my old Hodaka Ace 100 but way better looking. I rode the crap out of that bike when I was a kid. This a pic of someone else Hodaka, mine was not that nice looking. My uncle and dad rode it when they where kids and my grandfather fixed it up and gave it to me when I was old enough to ride it.

Weldangrind 12-21-2015 12:41 PM

I'm in love with both of them, but I'd choose the Lucky Punk.

pete 12-22-2015 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 201060)
I like the rear disc brake on the Super Sport. :tup: I also like the snail chain adjusters, and the rear shock absorbers. :)

http://kickstart.bikeexif.com/wp-con...orcycles-4.jpg

looks like they have sort of copyed a old Triumph Tiger Cub trials bike
of the 50/60s...

I like very much....

PS... looking at the rear shocks are very trials bike set up...
soft springing... with prob very little damping " easy to rear wheel hop"

There may even be a good market for them...
A new bike that may beable to be riden in the classic trials events "twin shock class"

Adjuster 12-22-2015 01:16 AM

Whats it need to have safety and lights wise to be street legal in the USA. Is it street legal as is?

/

SpudRider 12-22-2015 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 201174)
Whats it need to have safety and lights wise to be street legal in the USA. Is it street legal as is?

/

That's a good question. ;) I wouldn't have any problems getting a license plate in Idaho, but the lack of equipment might cause problems elsewhere. :shrug: In Idaho, I would need to add a tail light/brake light, and a single mirror. If a horn is missing, I would also need to add a horn.

demidestructo 12-22-2015 05:43 AM

I have information straight from the source the creator of the bike that it will never go in to production. After I Seen it on here I went and researched it. Well I wanted more information and I emailed them ,you'll never guess what happened next. The creator Dimitri Hettinga emailed me and told me this . He said because they got it done before Euro 4 and dot regulation were out and it didn't pass. So the company pulled the plug .....how sad.

Tiger12XC 12-22-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demidestructo (Post 201187)
I have information straight from the source the creator of the bike that it will never go in to production. After I Seen it on here I went and researched it. Well I wanted more information and I emailed them ,you'll never guess what happened next. The creator Dimitri Hettinga emailed me and told me this . He said because they got it done before Euro 4 and dot regulation were out and it didn't pass. So the company pulled the plug .....how sad.

That is very sad indeed, sounds like they had a very hard time getting it built to start with. I would love to own the Lucky punk in OD green.

kohburn 12-22-2015 09:04 AM

I like that lucky punk, he's looking for a US distributor? wonder if CSC would do it.

kohburn 12-22-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demidestructo (Post 201187)

killed by government regulations, figures.

jct842 12-22-2015 11:28 AM

The real shame of it is that a giant humvey or giant SUV that gets 10 miles per gal can pass burning tons of fuel and a tiny motor in comparison can't.

It would take 20 of those motorcycles to make as much polution as a big suv. To say nothing about the pollution generated at one nascar race.

pete 12-22-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jct842 (Post 201217)
The real shame of it is that a giant humvey or giant SUV that gets 10 miles per gal can pass burning tons of fuel and a tiny motor in comparison can't.

It would take 20 of those motorcycles to make as much polution as a big suv. To say nothing about the pollution generated at one nascar race.

True very true indeed.....

Prob not to hard to build one from some old craped out China doll....

Weldangrind 12-22-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete (Post 201230)
True very true indeed.....

Prob not to hard to build one from some old craped out China doll..

It's like you're reading my mind, Pete.

demidestructo 12-23-2015 04:51 AM

I'm not giving up . I love that style ,what parts should I look for so I can build one myself with a turbo!

kohburn 12-23-2015 06:30 AM

he should sell it as a kit and let people assemble it themselves as a "home built" to get around dot issues.

Rickorider 12-23-2015 03:00 PM

Yes agree with you all. What some great bike's

Especially like the Super Sport. It's such a simple design. The side view shot just sows how simple it is.

What a shame it looks it won't go into production. There must be someone out there who take this on.