ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   CSC Wolf, arriving Fall 2024 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34153)

Thumper 04-28-2024 09:05 PM

The Cyclone YEMI looks like a nice runabout. It's all over social media and Youtube, but I can't find any vendors. Will this be another cratebike with low price plus shipping fee? That would mean assembly required like most of our bikes, and no dealer support, but at least maybe avoid dealer prep fees!

buzz 04-28-2024 09:07 PM

no way,just buy a hawk.

Thumper 04-28-2024 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz (Post 407630)
no way,just buy a hawk.

There are some folks that like a low seat height, simple operation, and always stick to city streets commuting or shopping. It is ergonomically comfortable, not built for high performance. Just get there. I'll bet it gets 75+mpg. Personally, I'd get a XPro Storm DLX 150 for the money, but that's just me.

The CT format works perfectly for some folks.

ProDigit 04-28-2024 10:08 PM

no clutch, step through gears? Dealbreaker for me.

TominMO 04-28-2024 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 407633)
There are some folks that like a low seat height, simple operation, and always stick to city streets commuting or shopping. It is ergonomically comfortable, not built for high performance. Just get there. I'll bet it gets 75+mpg. Personally, I'd get a XPro Storm DLX 150 for the money, but that's just me.

The CT format works perfectly for some folks.

On the CSC site they are claiming 125 mpg. It's a 125cc FI, so plausible under good conditions.

superjocko 04-28-2024 11:08 PM

A lot of people used to buy the original Hondas back in the day as camp bikes, or for hunting. I can see a lot of modern day buyers doing the same, plus others who will use it as a city bike plus some light trail riding. If my wife had any inclination toward camping and/or riding a motorcycle (which she doesn’t) I’d already have one ordered.

Megadan 04-29-2024 12:05 AM

The Honda Trail 125 has an average reported economy of 98.37mpg from all Fuelly data. The CSC is probably going to be close to the same. The Honda CT bikes are just an evolution of the original Honda cub. Bigger engines, dual range gear boxes, bigger wheels and longer travel suspension better for unpaved rods, etc. Think of it like an off road sooter for people that think scooters are lame.

Yes, you can get a Hawk or any other dual sport, but they also weigh 100lbs more than the Wolf. As mentioned above, hey make great camping/RV bikes, utility bikes, or hunting bikes. They are light, but also have a great frame to be a cargo hauler.

TominMO 04-29-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 407644)
The Honda Trail 125 has an average reported economy of 98.37mpg from all Fuelly data. Te CSC is probably going to be close to the same. The Honda CT bikes are just an evolution of the original Honda cub. Bigger engines, dual range gear boxes, bigger wheels and longer travel suspension better for unpaved rods, etc. Think of it like an off road scooter for people that think scooters are lame.
Yes, you can get a Hawk or any other dual sport, but they also weigh 100lbs more than the Wolf. As mentioned above, hey make great camping/RV bikes, utility bikes, or hunting bikes. They are light, but also have a great frame to be a cargo hauler.

Claimed mpg is probably at about 40 mph in 4th on pavement, to keep rpm and wind resistance down.
That would be me.
Curb weight listed as 225 lbs, so not all that light. But still.

Bruces 04-29-2024 08:32 AM

What a piece of crap ,it doesn’t even have the $9.99 inverted upgraded super dooper forks .

TominMO 04-29-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruces (Post 407649)
What a piece of crap ,it doesn’t even have the $9.99 inverted upgraded super dooper forks .

I'm sure those were left off for economy reasons, to keep the price down. Along with the rack-mounted laser cannon.

Aussie_in_MO 04-29-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 407647)
Claimed mpg is probably at about 40 mph in 4th on pavement, to keep rpm and wind resistance down.
That would be me.

Curb weight is 31 lbs lighter than the CT125 (256 lbs). Crazy to think that the CT125 is only 2 lbs lighter than the Templar X

Weresquatch 04-29-2024 03:48 PM

I really like Trails and the clones, I just want a bigger motor. With my 208lbs plus camping gear the Hondas get overwhelmed pretty quickly. I imagine it'll be the same with the clones. Even 200cc and I'd be all in.

Megadan 04-29-2024 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 407647)

225lbs is about as light as a full size motorcycle gets. The only way to make this bike lighter would be to make the frame out of dry carbon fiber lol. Also, the term "light" was in comparison to a Hawk or similar bike, which weighs over 300lbs

Thumper 04-29-2024 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megadan (Post 407671)
225lbs is about as light as a full size motorcycle gets. ...

Even with ultra light engineering (and including beefy alloy construction/components), 225lbs is the dry weight of my liquid cooled KTM 250SX motocross bike with no fuel (no lights, no horn, no mirrors, no battery, no starter). My Templar is about 30 pounds heavier, not nearly as stiff (not even close), but has lights/battery....not bad really.

Anything less than 275 pounds is pretty darned light for a motorcycle.

Megadan 04-29-2024 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 407675)
Even with ultra light engineering (and including beefy alloy construction/components), 225lbs is the dry weight of my liquid cooled KTM 250SX motocross bike with no fuel (no lights, no horn, no mirrors, no battery, no starter). My Templar is about 30 pounds heavier, not nearly as stiff (not even close), but has lights/battery....not bad really.

Anything less than 275 pounds is pretty darned light for a motorcycle.

That was my point. The Wolf has electricals, lights, battery, etc. I am sure that 225lbs is dry weight, and the Honda weight is actually a new international standard most manufacturers have adopted thanks to European laws. All weights are being listed wet with the tank at 90% capacity. That is the standard my new Royal Enfield is listed at when they state the wet weight at 529lbs.

I am sure if you added all the fluid weight to the Wolf it would weigh within 10lbs of the Trail 125. Still very light bikes.