ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Finally got my storm!!! (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21568)

Cravin01 06-21-2018 08:38 PM

As far as your battery I think I would look into something like Dan came up with since you need one now.

Breaking that battery was probably a blessing. I use a battery maintainer on mine but will eventually replace it with something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink28144-20

Walmart has bike batteries if you just need one now and I'm sure that would still be an upgrade.

Nyccooldude 06-21-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravin01 (Post 284189)
As far as your battery I think I would look into something like Dan came up with since you need one now.

Breaking that battery was probably a blessing. I use a battery maintainer on mine but will eventually replace it with something like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...iglink28144-20

Walmart has bike batteries if you just need one now and I'm sure that would still be an upgrade.

Yeah from what i've read this stock battery is really trash.
I've never used a gel battery before so this will be interesting.
Also do you have more pics on the headlight mod you did because this stock light looks like a refrigerator bulb lol

humanbeing 06-21-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyccooldude (Post 284196)
Yeah from what i've read this stock battery is really trash...

Depends on what batch some Storm had Yuasa 12N7A-3A as stock which is an oddball (size exactly as TTR225 BUT the terminal position :cry:)

Jeff Richardson 06-21-2018 11:54 PM

My old man got the orange storm it's really a sweet bike. Out of box tuned perfect and really rides and corners nice. Like the gearing I decided to at least put a 17t front sproket on my hawk. Also used the same 32psi front and 40psi back as hawk. Some reason the bike was stamped at 40/40 but that didn't seem right. Not a fan of the alarm system though. Mounted under the seat and big bumps have been making some interesting chirps. ��

Nyccooldude 06-22-2018 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Richardson (Post 284203)
My old man got the orange storm it's really a sweet bike. Out of box tuned perfect and really rides and corners nice. Like the gearing I decided to at least put a 17t front sproket on my hawk. Also used the same 32psi front and 40psi back as hawk. Some reason the bike was stamped at 40/40 but that didn't seem right. Not a fan of the alarm system though. Mounted under the seat and big bumps have been making some interesting chirps. ��

I'm trying to figure out which sproket setup I should go with myself. I'm 5'2" 167lbs not fat just stocky. Bike is tall enough lol. I may go with smaller rims later if possible at all

BlackBike 06-22-2018 03:24 AM

Order one of those cheap universal spoke wrenches and save yourself some grief.

Nyccooldude 06-22-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBike (Post 284214)
Order one of those cheap universal spoke wrenches and save yourself some grief.

Noob Question in 3-2-1
Why exactly do I need one?

ChipToothy 06-22-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyccooldude (Post 284208)
I'm trying to figure out which sproket setup I should go with myself. I'm 5'2" 167lbs not fat just stocky. Bike is tall enough lol. I may go with smaller rims later if possible at all

If you need a lower bike you can always just slice the saddle foam down by 2" and re-staplegun the cover back on. Tons of DIY videos for doing it on youtube. I did mine and am 5' 10", it allowed me to touch my entire foot to the ground w/o having to slide off to the side of the saddle.

Nyccooldude 06-22-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChipToothy (Post 284277)
If you need a lower bike you can always just slice the saddle foam down by 2" and re-staplegun the cover back on. Tons of DIY videos for doing it on youtube. I did mine and am 5' 10", it allowed me to touch my entire foot to the ground w/o having to slide off to the side of the saddle.

Oh ok I'll give that a look. Thanks :tup:

Cravin01 06-22-2018 07:55 PM

5 Attachment(s)
These are the pics I have, the bulb was large.

timcosby 06-22-2018 09:49 PM

is there a 3 prong female connector on the back of the oem grey palstic bulb holder? if not cut em and splice.

Nyccooldude 06-22-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravin01 (Post 284284)
These are the pics I have, the bulb was large.

That looks like an H4 bulb. I have a few LED's from my Subaru never installed. I may use one of them to try and fab something like this up.
Also where did you get the adapter from?

Cravin01 06-22-2018 11:29 PM

It is a H4 bulb and the adapters came with it, it's a universal bulb set up with the adapters. I got it off of Amazon.

Nyccooldude 06-23-2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cravin01 (Post 284302)
It is a H4 bulb and the adapters came with it, it's a universal bulb set up with the adapters. I got it off of Amazon.

Is the link on your video? Also just wanted to say thank you. You been awesome with the info like everyone else here.

Megadan 06-23-2018 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyccooldude (Post 284311)
Is the link on your video? Also just wanted to say thank you. You been awesome with the info like everyone else here.

Yessir, he is definitely a huge help for all of you Storm guys on here. We have had plenty of Hawkers for a while, but nobody has really stepped up to the plate to document information on the Storm until he came along.