ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Mods began on the Venom X22R 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=25441)

JerryHawk250 02-16-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by China Rider 27 (Post 328731)
Congrats! Sweet ride, I am jealous! You have to do some speed testing when it is broken in I am so curious. 90 mph in the add!

It might do the 90 mph indicated on the speedometer but it might be more like 80. Confirmed today with my GPS app that the speedometer is off 10 mph at 71 mph indicated and was doing 61 GPS. I'm checking now if there's a way to calibrate it. The same speedometer is sold on eBay and Amazon. There has to be some instruction somewhere. If not there is a inline calibrator for $70. I installed the 34 tooth sprocket this morning and took a ride after the rain stopped. Cruising 55 to 60 mph GPS with ease. I think I have just over 70 miles on it.

JerryHawk250 02-16-2020 06:16 PM

Today started off to a bad start. I woke up this morning to pour down rain. When it finally slacked off to a drizzle I headed out to the shed to finish up the mods. I took lots of pictures and video of the whole process on replacing the sprocket or so I thought. When I took a break for lunch I pulled out my phone to look at them. Wtf all the files were curupt. >:( was I pissed. I pulled the memory card out the phone then stuck it back in and now it fine. So I shot some pics and video just explaining what I did. Me and cameras don't get along. Always something getting messed up. I'll try to put it all together tonight and post tomorrow.

China Rider 27 02-16-2020 06:16 PM

The 80's are most likely in play and at that speed will be much more comfortable and controllable than the HAWK or similar. Is that a CG engine?

China Rider 27 02-16-2020 06:20 PM

Sorry to hear about the video. Look forward to seeing the mods.

JerryHawk250 02-16-2020 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by China Rider 27 (Post 328758)
The 80's are most likely in play and at that speed will be much more comfortable and controllable than the HAWK or similar. Is that a CG engine?

This is way more comfortable and controllable than the Hawk but then again I wouldn't take this bike off road. Lol It is a CB engine.

JerryHawk250 02-17-2020 11:45 AM

Finally had time to edit and upload to YouTube. I lost a good bit of video and pictures from yesterday because of a memory card issue with my phone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8p0-_GgW_A

China Rider 27 02-17-2020 12:07 PM

Excellent. The braking hardware looks massive, just what you need for the street. Looks like a 520 chain. What was the stock sprocket tooth counts and what did you mod too? I'm sure your looking for some new buffing wheels for your WEN!

JerryHawk250 02-17-2020 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by China Rider 27 (Post 328816)
Excellent. The braking hardware looks massive, just what you need for the street. Looks like a 520 chain. What was the stock sprocket tooth counts and what did you mod too? I'm sure your looking for some new buffing wheels for your WEN!

Brakes work great. Lots of stopping power. It has the 428 chain but looks heavier than what had come on my Hawk. It was even well lubricated. When I checked the wheel bearings they were also well greased. Not typical of most Chinese bikes. The stock sprocket was a 42 tooth which I found was too low geared for a street bike. I installed a 34 tooth which puts it just slightly higher gear ratio than my Hawk.

culcune 02-17-2020 04:01 PM

What aftermarket sprockets does this use? Usual model found for old Honda dual sports like found on most every Chinese bike?

I do wish you had kept the bike bone stock for the first few hundred miles to get baseline figures. Oh well, it will be nice to see what a slightly modified bike can realistically do.

imapdog 02-17-2020 04:25 PM

jerry just may be the first to change out the rear sprocket on these. :clap:

JerryHawk250 02-17-2020 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by culcune (Post 328832)
What aftermarket sprockets does this use? Usual model found for old Honda dual sports like found on most every Chinese bike?

I do wish you had kept the bike bone stock for the first few hundred miles to get baseline figures. Oh well, it will be nice to see what a slightly modified bike can realistically do.

The JTR242 Sprocket will fit but only comes in 50 and 53 tooth. I had one custom made for $31 shipped. I didn't get it with the holes drilled in it because I wasn't sure of the bolt hole size as I ordered it before the bike arrived. You can get anything you want made here fairly cheap.
https://shop.pbisprockets.com/product.sc?productId=503

Weldangrind 02-18-2020 12:18 PM

I recommend a swingarm stand for such repairs and mods.

RedCrowRides 02-18-2020 01:45 PM

"I recommend a swingarm stand for such repairs and mods."

How true ! Somebody send JerryHawk250 a plastic milk crate ! :)

JerryHawk250 02-18-2020 02:18 PM

I already have a center stand planned for it. It has the mounting tabs for it. I'm looking into getting one for the X22 125cc. It should fit because the frames are almost identical. If not I'll fab one up. Piece of cake. :) Besides the swing arm stand and milk crate are a little bulky to carry around on the bikes if I needed it on side the road. :lmao:

OneLeggedRider 02-21-2020 11:35 AM

I'm not crazy about the muffler. What was the shipping weight and how does it handle the twisties and does it feel stable at higher speeds?