ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   ATVs (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   New Coolster 150-DX2. (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=18150)

Swampy 02-01-2017 11:53 AM

I want to get mine up in the snow and play around a bit, looks like a blast!

As mentioned the shocks may loosen up with time. I have two identical quads and one came out of the crate very stiff while the other was much more forgiving. After a few miles the stiff one became much “softer” and they both ride the same now.

You have a nice size garage right there, 2LZ is going to be jealous! I have found the more room I have the more “stuff” I fill it with! I have an extra deep two car garage, 40X24 shed and a “Man Cave”. Still didn’t have enough room for the quads so I built a lean to off the man cave!

2LZ 02-01-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampy (Post 242037)
I want to get mine up in the snow and play around a bit, looks like a blast!

As mentioned the shocks may loosen up with time. I have two identical quads and one came out of the crate very stiff while the other was much more forgiving. After a few miles the stiff one became much “softer” and they both ride the same now.

You have a nice size garage right there, 2LZ is going to be jealous! I have found the more room I have the more “stuff” I fill it with! I have an extra deep two car garage, 40X24 shed and a “Man Cave”. Still didn’t have enough room for the quads so I built a lean to off the man cave!

Give me that CJ you've been slacking on for a decade and that will be a lot more room. ;-)

Swampy 02-01-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 242038)
Give me that CJ you've been slacking on for a decade and that will be a lot more room. ;-)

When you have a place to store it we can talk........

JerryHawk250 02-01-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 242031)
I was going to link you to one of my threads but I dumped the pics. I put a hitch on my Rhino. Most like the same or very similar swingarm to your Coolster.
Here's what I did. Worked out well, even though I made it for a pin hitch. I believe Dart Racer has a ball on his. He basically did the same thing.

Nice job on the hitch.:tup:

Darth Racer 02-01-2017 05:53 PM

Yeah my hitch is pretty much identical to 2LZ's. I just used his as the template and used what metal I had on hand. It's in the "Soon to be Rhino Owner" thread.

Gotta say it has held up really well.. no problems. It pulled 500 lbs through a rocky creek bed last trip. Easy and cheap to make in true China ATV fashion. A#1 top quality... LOL

Get that power washer out of that freezing weather!!!!!.... the pump will crack if there is any water left in it.

07PSDCREW 02-01-2017 10:28 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I did at least winterize the power washer with RV antifreeze...lol

Boy, that trailer hitch is quite awesome I must say....wish I had those metal working skills. Almost want to see if you can make me the parts and ship them...lol.

Todays project was finding a light.... picked this little guy up at Advance auto parts for 34.99. Perfectly sized and pretty bright... dosent draw much either.

Ps, sorry if the pix are huge, working on figuring out how to resize them.

Swampy 02-02-2017 10:14 AM

I like where you mounted it, no extra drilling required and its good and bright. Did you run new wires/switch or tap into the existing?

On resizing pics, - right click over the picture, open it with "paint", hit the resize button to shrink and save as. 2LZ being the techno guru he is taught me that.

07PSDCREW 02-02-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swampy (Post 242137)
I like where you mounted it, no extra drilling required and its good and bright. Did you run new wires/switch or tap into the existing?

On resizing pics, - right click over the picture, open it with "paint", hit the resize button to shrink and save as. 2LZ being the techno guru he is taught me that.

Thanks for the info on pix...

As far as the light, I had to elongate the holes in the bracket to line up with the existing bolt holes...easy enough. And for wiring, I ran three wires from the right side light to under the seat. One is power, one ground for bar, and one signal wire tapped into the blue wire at back of the headlight. I found with a test meter the blue is for high beam. I installed a relay under the seat at the battery and used the blue wire to trigger the relay to turn on the bar when I click the high beam lights on.

Darth Racer 02-02-2017 08:31 PM

The hitch is actually pretty easy to make. Not much different from what you did to mount the lights.

You just need some angle iron (not the stuff the shipping crate is made of) too thin and soft.

A longer bolt that goes through the shock
Some "U" bolts... drill... hack saw and a curved file(optional)

It's kinda built like an Erector set.

07PSDCREW 02-02-2017 09:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me what this screw is? I drilled out the brass cap. I turn it one turn in or out and it dosent seem to affect idle or anything. I'm trying to correct a part throttle bog at slow speeds, like when taking off slow. I turned it a half tun in and it seems to have improved.
Thanks.

Darth Racer 02-03-2017 06:26 PM

Not sure but think that is your air/fuel mixture screw.

zackattack91 02-03-2017 11:16 PM

ive been looking for that damn air mixture screw, thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by 07PSDCREW (Post 242191)
Can anyone tell me what this screw is? I drilled out the brass cap. I turn it one turn in or out and it dosent seem to affect idle or anything. I'm trying to correct a part throttle bog at slow speeds, like when taking off slow. I turned it a half tun in and it seems to have improved.
Thanks.

07PSDCREW 02-08-2017 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good news and not so good...
Let's start with the good.... I've come to find out that the bog I was getting must be due to the auto choke partially engaged. If I let it warm up till the Rpms drop, it runs excellent with no bog. But I find that if I try to ride before it's completely warmed up it bogs. Good to know.

Bad.... I got bit by the vibrating screws bug. Went to put it in reverse and when I gave it throttle it slammed very hard and kinda felt like it popped out of reverse then didn't do anything. I played with the shifter and then it worked fine. Thought nothing of it really until it happened again. Sure enough, of the two 8mm screws that bolt the linkage arm to the trans, one was missing and the other pretty loose. I took the one I had to the hardware store and purchased a new one and applied red locktite to the screws. I did check over a LOT of bolts prior to riding but apparently missed those. What a dummy...lol

Swampy 02-08-2017 06:45 PM

Good to hear your bogging issues are only until it warms up. On my quads it’s called an “Enricher” but has the same effect as a choke. When mine are cold it will idle high for about a minute than spool down to around 700 RPM. Haven’t tried to ride them while it they are warming up but suspect they would act like yours.

Glad that was a minor fix on the reverse. A little Loctite is way better than a major gearing issue! Reminds me to give mine the once over before we take them on their next ride.

2LZ 02-09-2017 10:51 AM

The bog may also be caused by how lean these come from the factory to meet EPA standards. That lean condition has a tendency to clean up after a full warm up also.