ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Zongshen RX4 (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   $5895 for RX4 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22397)

iswearimstock 05-24-2020 03:42 PM

So judging by that diameter a Tusk Chub with a triple tree diameter of 1 1/8 and bar ends of 7/8 should fit theoretically. Also does anyone know what "bend" is the closest to stock? Example: YZ, ATV,CR Ect.

jthewood 06-03-2020 04:08 PM

Hi gang. Is there another location for additional RX4 threads? I've been looking and can only find this thread. Whats the deal?

Thanks, J

2LZ 06-03-2020 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jthewood (Post 339631)
Hi gang. Is there another location for additional RX4 threads? I've been looking and can only find this thread. Whats the deal?

Thanks, J

Not that I know of here. So far, the RX4 hasn't taken off here like most other bikes, probably due to the fact we're cheap SOB's and it's kinda pricey for most of us.
Hopefully as they sell, maybe more folks will show up. Have you checked FB or Thumpertalk?

wheelbender6 06-03-2020 07:08 PM

I use advrider forum as sort of a measure of how popular new bike models are. The RX4 has not taken off there. Admittedly, advrider members are fiercely loyal to their DR650s, KLRs, BMW GSs, etc.

Working_ZS 06-03-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jthewood (Post 339631)

Thanks, J

There is a active thread over on ADVRider:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/csc-rx4.1346649/

It's quite a bit more active than this one here on China Riders.

Chris_Top_Her 06-05-2020 11:44 PM

Just bought one, what are people doing to add aux lights (specifically mounting point)? Heard the stock light isn't that great.

calvarez 06-07-2020 04:19 PM

The RX3 stock headlight bulb is awful. But the headlight housing is good. If the RX4 is the same, then an LED upgrade will work well if you get the right one. CSC sells one, and they mark it up a bit, but horribly so. I bought the same one for $20 less locally. I also tried a cheaper one and it was awful. Get the one CSC recommends.

For aux lights, I got a set of tube mounts and put them on the guards. $20-ish on Amazon for four of them (only needed two).

https://i.imgur.com/3I0SOoy.jpg

Chris_Top_Her 06-08-2020 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 339648)
I use advrider forum as sort of a measure of how popular new bike models are. The RX4 has not taken off there. Admittedly, advrider members are fiercely loyal to their DR650s, KLRs, BMW GSs, etc.

The addition of an RX4 sub forum might attract lurkers or new owners to the forum.

1cylinderwonder 06-08-2020 10:30 AM

Good idea!

Having a sub forum, or a well structured RX4 Forum, would be a good plan to help provide information and photos about the GOOD, the BAD and Special of the RX4 motorcycle.
It would also be a GOOD IDEA to offer the RX4 for sale without a lot of expensive extra accessors and equipment included. I always like using my motorcycle accessories I own already on new bikes I purchase. Plus I don’t like the weight and space taken with a lot of excessive luggage, racks and baggage.
GGOD LUCK!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Top_Her (Post 339980)
The addition of an RX4 sub forum might attract lurkers or new owners to the forum.

wheelbender6 06-08-2020 12:05 PM

I agree. The RX3 started the revolution but the RX4 deserves it's own sub-forum.

JerryHawk250 06-08-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 340012)
I agree. The RX3 started the revolution but the RX4 deserves it's own sub-forum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder (Post 339998)
Having a sub forum, or a well structured RX4 Forum, would be a good plan to help provide information and photos about the GOOD, the BAD and Special of the RX4 motorcycle.
It would also be a GOOD IDEA to offer the RX4 for sale without a lot of expensive extra accessors and equipment included. I always like using my motorcycle accessories I own already on new bikes I purchase. Plus I don’t like the weight and space taken with a lot of excessive luggage, racks and baggage.
GGOD LUCK!

Quote:

I'm working making this happen. :tup:

pyoungbl 06-08-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calvarez (Post 339954)
The RX3 stock headlight bulb is awful. But the headlight housing is good. If the RX4 is the same,

The RX4 headlight is a significant upgrade from the RX3. There's really no comparison. In addition to the obvious bulb and reflector being different, the RX4 has a LED perimeter running light for daytime use. The actual headlight can be set to come on automatically in low light conditions. Thus, you don't eat up as many electrons during daylight riding while still meeting the legal requirement to have a light on.

calvarez 06-08-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Or just dilute an already small group and make things worse. A lot of things will apply to both. But I probably wouldn't participate in an RX4 group, and bet a lot of others won't either. I think it would be smarter to just expand this group to both.

NzBrakelathes 06-17-2020 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelbender6 (Post 339648)

China the same - Plenty other better more cooler bikes even tho they cost a bit more

Chris_Top_Her 06-17-2020 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes (Post 340787)
China the same - Plenty other better more cooler bikes even tho they cost a bit more

Do you have an ali express store?