ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   JerryHawk250's Lifan KPX250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=31083)

JerryHawk250 07-26-2022 08:04 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Picture from my Sunday ride while taking a break.

TominMO 07-26-2022 08:20 AM

So with all the pics, I'm starting to get the idea you like this bike. A lot.

JerryHawk250 07-26-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TominMO (Post 381377)
So with all the pics, I'm starting to get the idea you like this bike. A lot.

Sure enough. I like any bike as long as i can ride. :lmao: Out of all the China bikes this is the best out the box bike I've own. No mods needed. No tuning, sprocket swapping or gutting the cat just to make it highway friendly. I can't wait to get it out n the trails. Our schedule has been busy with music gigs on the weekends. Last weekend was the first we had off in a long time. I spent most of it working around the house fixing stuff that need fixing. When we d take a vacation it will be a camping trip at one of the ATV/Motorcycle campgrounds. There's several that we go to. Just have to figure out which one and when.

TominMO 07-26-2022 11:56 AM

It would be nice to get an extra set of wheels for the bike and put some DOT knobbies on it for when you plan on going to the trails.

4T_Goblin 07-26-2022 09:07 PM

Here's mine. Looks like Jerry's.

https://youtu.be/8TdNGzb_nIs

JerryHawk250 07-26-2022 09:10 PM

That's a good looking bike.:tup: but then again I might be biased. Lol

herbie 07-27-2022 04:27 AM

That's a good looking bike, but then again I might be jealous! :tup:

JerryHawk250 07-27-2022 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbie (Post 381428)
That's a good looking bike, but then again I might be jealous! :tup:

I'm jealous he has more miles on his bike than I do. lol Anybody want some of this rain? It's free for the taking. It has rain literally just about everyday since I got the bike.

TominMO 07-27-2022 08:18 AM

St Louis just got 7 inches in six hours yesterday, 9 inches total, breaking a record from 1915. Massive flooding in lower areas. Tremendous property loss, only a handful of deaths thankfully.

Down here in De Soto, 35 miles south, some rain but no big deal.

tknj99 07-27-2022 08:36 AM

@Jerry: curious to know if you'd consider this bike as the counterpart to the new RXB250L whereas that bike is more offroad oriented and this one is more street/trails. They both have the overhead cam, 250cc, 6 gears but im thinking the RXB prob has better suspension for offroad and maybe lighter..
I know in comparing my XPro Titan 230cc overhead cam, approx 17hp and mostly stock (which is basically the old RXB230L) to the Brozz which has almost all of the mods done to it, my bike can keep up with the Brozz up to top speed and is actually a bit faster since im riding it @185lbs and my son on the Brozz @ 120lbs. The Titan, though is much better off-road, feels more nimble, lighter, better suspension feel.
I really wish they had the better engines with 6speeds earlier in the game, as i think they would have been near perfect..

JerryHawk250 07-27-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tknj99 (Post 381438)
@Jerry: curious to know if you'd consider this bike as the counterpart to the new RXB250L whereas that bike is more offroad oriented and this one is more street/trails. They both have the overhead cam, 250cc, 6 gears but im thinking the RXB prob has better suspension for offroad and maybe lighter..
I know in comparing my XPro Titan 230cc overhead cam, approx 17hp and mostly stock (which is basically the old RXB230L) to the Brozz which has almost all of the mods done to it, my bike can keep up with the Brozz up to top speed and is actually a bit faster since im riding it @185lbs and my son on the Brozz @ 120lbs. The Titan, though is much better off-road, feels more nimble, lighter, better suspension feel.
I really wish they had the better engines with 6speeds earlier in the game, as i think they would have been near perfect..

I would say yes. Although the front forks aren't adjustable, that are massive and handle bumps well. The suspension on the KPX looks and feels like it will handle off road riding well. Huge improvement over the Hawk for sure. All i need is to throw on some good off road tires. I way swap the new Kenda 760's over to my KPX. I'll probably use it more off road than anything. I have my KVS for the street.
I looked at the RXB250L and like it but with it listed as *COMPETITION USE ONLY* steered me to the KPX. I didn't want any hassle and the KPX is completely street legal and a full two year warranty with a dealer and manufacture that will back it up. With over 100 dealers across the US and two right near me made it a no brainer if I ever need any parts or warranty work done.

jazzybike58 07-27-2022 10:03 AM

I like it looks great and I really like that bag on it looks like a decent size. I was looking at the green one to match my green Benelli tnt 135 but when I got there they had a red and blue one assembled and one green one not assembled. 2 guys just bought 2 green ones not assembled before I got there. Anyway I got the blue one and like how it looks.

JerryHawk250 07-27-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzybike58 (Post 381443)
I like it looks great and I really like that bag on it looks like a decent size. I was looking at the green one to match my green Benelli tnt 135 but when I got there they had a red and blue one assembled and one green one not assembled. 2 guys just bought 2 green ones not assembled before I got there. Anyway I got the blue one and like how it looks.

I was torn between the Green and Blue and really like the blue as well. Lucky my decision was easy because only green was available at the time. lol

letsride 07-28-2022 01:44 PM

That chain guard is VERY annoying. It rattles alot at slow speed. I believe its contacting the chain. Its about to get removed and thrown in the trash.

JerryHawk250 07-28-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsride (Post 381505)
That chain guard is VERY annoying. It rattles alot at slow speed. I believe its contacting the chain. Its about to get removed and thrown in the trash.

I must be old and deaf. lol I never heard any noise coming from mine. Don't drive slow. Fixed. :lmao: