ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New purchase questions -2006 Roketa 200cc DB-06 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16857)

Landsvw 08-04-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter (Post 263041)
That's good news. I don't know how many times I've brought up bad, or semi bad ground issues, but it has been a hard sell. The wiring on these bikes is tha absolue minimum guage to get the job done, in my opinion..ARH

I agree with you. The cable is very light gauge, and was probably 1/2 foot longer than it needed to be. Plus, no ground to the frame either. Is starting very well now! If it gets bad again I'm going to change the hot wire cables and the ground cable for heavier gauge/duty. I bet it will help a lot.

Landsvw 08-04-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landsvw (Post 263046)
I agree with you. The cable is very light gauge, and was probably 1/2 foot longer than it needed to be. Plus, no ground to the frame either. Is starting very well now! If it gets bad again I'm going to change the hot wire cables and the ground cable for heavier gauge/duty. I bet it will help a lot.

Unfortunately I bought a new battery but oh well, it was new off eBay and wasn't too much. I'll save the other one for a backup. Any other bike (non Chinese) and it would have been the battery. Hahaha!

Landsvw 09-17-2017 04:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put some generic Acerbis knock off brush guards on the Chinese bike...

Weldangrind 09-26-2017 11:22 AM

I have a similar set on each of my dual sports. One of them is scarred enough to prove that they work.

Landsvw 09-26-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 265836)
I have a similar set on each of my dual sports. One of them is scarred enough to prove that they work.

They seem very good! And 1/3 the price of the labeled Acerbis.

Landsvw 09-26-2017 11:28 PM

Rode Chinese bike all over on Saturday - Just to blow out the cobwebs. Also, a co worker of mine who never rode before wanted to learn. So, for 45 minutes, he rode around a dirt track and learned the basics. Chinese bike is perfect for that! Sister arrives next week and hopefully we will go out and ride around. Should be fun.

Landsvw 11-08-2017 07:39 PM

Some updates. Probably going to sell the Roketa, or trade for a project. May post it in the classifieds. Nothing wrong, but want to kind of upgrade a little.

Really enjoying my klx250.

Finally, got my ttr225 in Alaska registered and plated through an interesting process involving another state. Pretty cool!

Raining and feeling like snow... season is close to an end I’m thinking...

Weldangrind 11-09-2017 11:49 AM

I'll bet that KLX is a fun bike. I'm looking forward to finishing my KLR250 and riding it.

Did you use the Vermont trick?

Landsvw 11-09-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 268786)
I'll bet that KLX is a fun bike. I'm looking forward to finishing my KLR250 and riding it.

Did you use the Vermont trick?

Haha! :) :tup:

I had my doubts but for 75$ I figured it was worth a try... So, the TTR225 is officially street legal and now has a paperwork trail if I want to transfer it to Alaska or Oregon.

I'm working on buying some turn signals, a rear brake light and etc. to make it usable in town, etc. Since I only use it about 15 days a year, this will work out very well for me. I have some plans to ride around Alaska a bit more. Now I have to get my sister to get a licensed dual sport so she can join in.

Landsvw 11-09-2017 01:05 PM

Oh, there's a guy down here with a 2003 YZ125 in a basket... I mean completely disassembled... and, crank is seized and piston is melted. I may buy it and maybe use that for a winter project. Trying to think about how I could put a 4 stroke engine in it. Maybe the Roketa could donate parts and I'd have a street legal bike with a good suspension and frame, but a Chinese title... interesting possibilities :)

Weldangrind 11-10-2017 11:15 AM

I've had quite similar thoughts. If I could find a basket-case XL185, I'd drop a CG230 into it and convert the rear suspension to mono shock and the front to inverted forks. I have all of the necessary crap, other than a titled XL185 frame.

Landsvw 11-10-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 268927)
I've had quite similar thoughts. If I could find a basket-case XL185, I'd drop a CG230 into it and convert the rear suspension to mono shock and the front to inverted forks. I have all of the necessary crap, other than a titled XL185 frame.

that's a nice idea. The YZ sold, so that one is gone... but I'll keep my eyes out for something similar.

Figure the CG engine is pretty good, but the Roketa/Shineray/Beta frame is kinda sub-par, so would be nice to have the Japanese quality.

Any of the monoshock big 3's from early 80's on would be a good candidate, if they could be titled.

Landsvw 11-12-2017 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Acquired this over the weekend, from my bro in law. For free. Probably sell or trade it. But man, it only weighs 190 pounds, and has usd forks! 1985 ktm125

No compression.

Had an epic ride on my bro in laws tw200 too. Really can climb almost anything.

Weldangrind 11-16-2017 11:31 AM

That KTM could be a fun four stroke recipient.
I love my little billy goat TW; I haven't ridden it for awhile.

Landsvw 11-16-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldangrind (Post 269276)
That KTM could be a fun four stroke recipient.
I love my little billy goat TW; I haven't ridden it for awhile.

I've decided against it, as the chain is on the wrong side, and the wheel can't be modified. the brake and the rear sprocket are on the same side....
so, would be a big undertaking. I 'think' I have a buyer for it, but not 100% sure yet...