ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Dong Fang DF250RTG (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22499)

Barnone 07-13-2019 09:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Lots of photos of my Royal Enfield flying the flag on the 4th of July.

JerryHawk250 07-30-2019 03:00 PM

I'm glad to see someone is out enjoying riding there bike. :tup: Dang rain just doesn't want to go away from here. Forecast for the weekend looks god though. I don't mind getting a little wet. :D

Barnone 07-30-2019 04:54 PM

I got soaked on the way home today. By mistake I didn't pack my rain jacket ! It is on the DF now. Get wet just about every ride but I don't leave the house if is raining. Been a wet summer here so far. I am kinda use to it.

JerryHawk250 07-30-2019 05:15 PM

My rain suite stays in my trunk. Rain storms can pop up any time during the summer here.

Barnone 07-30-2019 06:01 PM

My rain jacket was suppose to be in right saddlebag but a senior moment left it having on a hook in the basement. The rain pants were in the left saddlebag.

Barnone 08-01-2019 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A guy asked me if my DF was a Triumph and he was serious. I just pointed to my license plate tag and he was happy.
Kinda dwarfed by the real BMW.

Barnone 08-01-2019 09:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Added a small top box to the back so I could carry more stuff. Maybe will fit a milk crate.
On the Dragon US 129 WNC ETN. Lots of crashes there.

RedCrowRides 08-01-2019 05:51 PM

Woot i crashed on the Dragon , did not get hurt and bike only got minor scrapes.

Barnone 08-01-2019 06:01 PM

Red Crow,
Don't know if you read the sign on the tree behind my DF but it says BUSA DOWN which is what we call any bike crash on the Dragon.

Thom Foolery 08-02-2019 10:34 PM

Barnone

Hello, fellow df250rtg owner here.
I never received an owners/users manual, the company I got it from is pretty terrible.
That being said, you seem to be the only other person on the internet that owns one. I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions.

What is the recommended oil? I'm nearing the 150 mile mark.

I found my choke a few months back but never messed with it, I think its sitting in the middle but don't remember without running out to my garage, any recommendations?

Barnone 08-02-2019 11:47 PM

Congrats on getting a DF250RTG. Nice little bike.

I didn't find the choke on my DF for a while either. In the middle is half choke and I think up is full choke and down is off choke or vice versa.

She will run very good and strong when the engine is warmed up and the choke is off.

My DF is completely stock except I did remove the air injection pump and put a plate over the inlet where the air is injected.

As far as the oil goes after 300 kms (odometer is in km not miles) I put in Shell Rotella Full Synthetic 15W40 which I run in all my diesel tractors and motorcycles.

Engine oil specified in the manual is 15w40

Thom Foolery 08-03-2019 06:27 AM

Thank you so much! I feel like that is some need to know information. And yes it is a fun little bike! And in my opinion a great bike for the money!
Thanks again for your time.

Thom Foolery 08-03-2019 07:14 AM

Also; is their any benefit to removing the air pump? I've seen other people mention this on other sites, but I'm not sure I ever saw an explanation as to why.
Thanks again.

Barnone 08-03-2019 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Keep us updated with you experience with the bike and please post some photos.

I am surprised that more of the DF250RTG haven't sold. It is a solid simple little lightweight bike.

I am thinking about buying another one and putting a lightweight sidecar on it. Maybe this winter when I am back in Southwest Florida.

At the overlook on the Dragon US 129 ETN/WNC

Barnone 08-03-2019 09:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thom Foolery (Post 315394)
Also; is their any benefit to removing the air pump? I've seen other people mention this on other sites, but I'm not sure I ever saw an explanation as to why.
Thanks again.

I think removing the air pump will make the engine run a little cooler. Plus cleans up the engine a bit. No big deal either way.

I do not plan to remove the catalytic converter. I think the engine with the stock muffler sounds just great. Not too loud but nice note. Also the carb seems to be jetted just fine as is.

I did add a piece of metal to the bike to keep the heel of my boot off the muffler.