ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   New purchase questions -2006 Roketa 200cc DB-06 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16857)

Landsvw 05-23-2017 02:38 PM

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/...pslnuqde6s.jpg

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/...psghmkvxcs.jpg

what it used to look like...bug eyed cyclops... haha!

Landsvw 05-23-2017 02:41 PM

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/...psx2doi93d.jpg

My new XRL faring. I still think I need about 4 more inches tall windshield on it, to keep the buffeting down a little more. better than stock tho!

Landsvw 05-27-2017 10:28 AM

I've been riding Roketa around for several days now, including 20-30 mile rides up the mountains on the logging roads. Suspension feels amazing! Bike handles very well. I think it has a somewhat relaxed head tube angle so cornering on gravel and etc. is not even an issue. Very stable. The Suzuki DR125 rear shock, for 35$ is exactly what was needed. The horrible oil filled Chinese shock will soon be in the bin... also, xr600 light assembly is working fine. I did hack/install the Roketa dual beam bulb, so all wiring hooked up. Looks and works exactly like I wanted it to. The bike is low and slow, but actually, secretly, maybe even more fun than my XRL on short trips (don't tell). It has a really wide turning radius so that's a downside to the design, and the seat is pretty hard, but over all, bike is perfect for tootling about on the short trips.

Also, bonus! I hated the rubber covered foot pegs. Well, what do you know, the rubber parts pop off and underneath are regular, motocross type foot Pegs! How strange! But awesome! So, footpegs feel and work fine.

Landsvw 06-01-2017 02:54 PM

I wrote an email to the Zhongshen factory to see if I could find out any more information about this bike... will update if something is revealed

L

Landsvw 06-02-2017 12:59 PM

Evidently, the reserve on the Roketa doesn't work too well... I've run out 2x now. and, flipping to reserve barely gets me a 1/2 mile. Luckily I've been that far away from a gas station both times, so coasted in. Hmmm...

Mudflap 06-02-2017 01:05 PM

Either the pickup straw has fallen off the petcock, the petcock packing is damaged, or the lever is in the wrong position.

Landsvw 06-12-2017 11:32 AM

I've had various responses on the origin of the bike. Beta USA denies any collusion with Chinese companies. Second email I sent them pictures and then they just said "thank you".
Chinese bike sellers said it was a clone that was copied in many factories, but the one they said it was cloned from was a completely unrelated bike... so, dead end. But, as several others have said, gotta be a relationship. The Alp and the DB05 are too similar for coincidence.

Got a good ride in last Friday, but was on the XRL. That's it!

L

Landsvw 07-06-2017 01:27 PM

Sooo, I drove the Chinese bike around yesterday. Now, after riding the TTR225 Yamaha for 9 hours in a day and then the Chinese bike, oh man, the Yamaha is soooooo much better. It's crazy the difference in comfort. Not to say the Chinese bike isn't ok, but, for long term saddle time I'm taking the Yamaha... ������

Landsvw 07-28-2017 10:47 AM

Anyone dealt with the Chinese bike starter system? Solenoid will engage, but engine will crank slowly, or pause, and I'll re hit button and then it may or may not go. When it's hot, seems to be a little worse. I replaced the battery thinking it was the problem, same. I'm thinking solenoid? Or? Maybe starter brushes? I figure I'll see if the solenoid is able to be taken apart, and I'll clean the large contacts first.

Weldangrind 07-28-2017 11:04 AM

I'd try the solenoid first. You can test it if you like, by disconnecting the secondary side of the solenoid and measuring the in and out voltage. If there is noticeable drop, it's the solenoid.

Mudflap 07-28-2017 11:39 AM

First thing I'd do is take a screwdriver and short the 2 large terminals on the solenoid. If it still cranks slowly it's not the solenoid.

Landsvw 07-31-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 262440)
First thing I'd do is take a screwdriver and short the 2 large terminals on the solenoid. If it still cranks slowly it's not the solenoid.

Did just that. Still cranked slowly, so, probably the starter. Wires got warm too, so yeah...

Weldangrind 08-01-2017 11:09 AM

I'm betting that when you order a new starter, you can also order replacement brushes for your existing starter. That'll ensure that you have a good starter on the shelf.

Landsvw 08-04-2017 02:10 PM

I pulled apart the starter. Super simple. Nothing obviously wrong, but maybe the commutator was a bit more worn than it should have been. I cleaned it up, greased the greasy bits, Brushes were fine, and reassembled. I then noticed upon cranking that the negative wire was getting warm. It was also very long. I shortened it and reattached it to a closer case bolt. I also created a second one, and attached it to the frame. Is cranking much better now. Should be good to go until I can buy a Chinese starter off eBay some time in the future.

Ariel Red Hunter 08-04-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landsvw (Post 263022)
I pulled apart the starter. Super simple. Nothing obviously wrong, but maybe the commutator was a bit more worn than it should have been. I cleaned it up, greased the greasy bits, Brushes were fine, and reassembled. I then noticed upon cranking that the negative wire was getting warm. It was also very long. I shortened it and reattached it to a closer case bolt. I also created a second one, and attached it to the frame. Is cranking much better now. Should be good to go until I can buy a Chinese starter off eBay some time in the future.

That's good news. I don't know how many times I've brought up bad, or semi bad ground issues, but it has been a hard sell. The wiring on these bikes is tha absolue minimum guage to get the job done, in my opinion..ARH