ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar X 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30518)

GypsyR 06-14-2024 02:02 PM

Something a little different about the Nibbi. THe height of it? I don't know. I pulled the throttle cable about three times before I finally moved it entirely to the right side of the frame.
Much better behaved this morning. Came off the enrichener and self-idled within a minute or so. No more weird throttle action from the cable. But...I ran over a mile before my first stop sign. When I got to it it died. Just flat cut off, not like a fuel issue. Fired back up instantly. Curious. Maybe I will jack the idle up a little bit. If it weren't for the dying thing I'd say it's running better than it has since I bought it so I am not regretting my Nibbi purchase.
Took it to lunch just now and it was perfectly behaved.

Thumper 06-14-2024 02:35 PM

I recently completely rebuilt the wiring/cabling on my 5speed X. I had to take off the enrichment post on the carb, which started to stick while I was working on it. I sprayed it with silicon lube and reinstalled.

I put a flat bracket with ~1" on the top headlight mount to make room there :wtf:
I ended up routing the throttle cable over the top of the first main stay on the right, instead of in front of/below it. This seemed way less "bent". I guess I was originally worried about a gas tank pinch, but it is held off, no problem. I did replace the Coil/spark plug wire, with a black Nibbi "racing" coil. No observable difference in my scores in the race heats :hi:

On the new Nibbi carb. If the carb behaves perfectly, then does weird stuff, I wonder about fuel supply issues (filter, float). I am glad the OEM "YouAll" is still performing nominally on my x. I think I am a bit rich on the pilot jet, but the thing doesn't stumble anywhere, at all.

Meantime...Increasing the idle can prevent stalls when the carb is not exactly right.

GypsyR 06-14-2024 06:01 PM

It's possible I already knew that last bit. :)

TempX 06-30-2024 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, but I finally got some free time and did a SuperMoto conversion on my Templar X. I love it. It's a lot more fun on the street now. Can still swap back to dirt setup in 20-30 minutes. Have all white plastics for it too but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Still need to shave down the front fender a bit for the sumo setup as it's a little long but doesn't look too bad.

Thumper 06-30-2024 05:54 PM

That's pretty cool TempX !
Nice conversion. Love the wheels! And tires!
The front fender comes of with 4 bolts. You can get a different super motard fender and your conversion will take another 5 minutes. Maybe something you can clamp to the fork down lower? White.... ;)

GypsyR 07-01-2024 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TempX (Post 410021)
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, but I finally got some free time and did a SuperMoto conversion ...

I've had an eye for a set of "street" wheels and tires for mine. Not full motard, just a swap out set. What wheels did you find that fit? More details on that front disc would be nice too.
I second Thumper's low mount fender idea for yours.

TempX 07-01-2024 09:58 PM

The hubs and brakes from the Templar X are Honda clones. I bought those wheels for a 2004-2013 CRF 250r. I went with the cast wheels instead of the traditional spoked set because they included a cush drive and were cheap. They are 17" front and rear. The front rotor is 320mm with adapter bracket to move the caliper so that it fits in the wheel. That setup is for 2004-2013 Honda CRF 250r as well. Was just expecting better anti-fade properties from the larger rotor, but have been pleased to report much stronger bite as well.

ProDigit 07-01-2024 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TempX (Post 410021)
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, but I finally got some free time and did a SuperMoto conversion on my Templar X. I love it. It's a lot more fun on the street now. Can still swap back to dirt setup in 20-30 minutes. Have all white plastics for it too but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Still need to shave down the front fender a bit for the sumo setup as it's a little long but doesn't look too bad.

I like it. Just wished the Templar would have a street version like this, but with a bit larger wheel/tire.