ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar X 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30518)

GypsyR 06-14-2024 06:01 PM

It's possible I already knew that last bit. :)

TempX 06-30-2024 04:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, but I finally got some free time and did a SuperMoto conversion on my Templar X. I love it. It's a lot more fun on the street now. Can still swap back to dirt setup in 20-30 minutes. Have all white plastics for it too but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Still need to shave down the front fender a bit for the sumo setup as it's a little long but doesn't look too bad.

Thumper 06-30-2024 05:54 PM

That's pretty cool TempX !
Nice conversion. Love the wheels! And tires!
The front fender comes of with 4 bolts. You can get a different super motard fender and your conversion will take another 5 minutes. Maybe something you can clamp to the fork down lower? White.... ;)

GypsyR 07-01-2024 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TempX (Post 410021)
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, but I finally got some free time and did a SuperMoto conversion ...

I've had an eye for a set of "street" wheels and tires for mine. Not full motard, just a swap out set. What wheels did you find that fit? More details on that front disc would be nice too.
I second Thumper's low mount fender idea for yours.

TempX 07-01-2024 09:58 PM

The hubs and brakes from the Templar X are Honda clones. I bought those wheels for a 2004-2013 CRF 250r. I went with the cast wheels instead of the traditional spoked set because they included a cush drive and were cheap. They are 17" front and rear. The front rotor is 320mm with adapter bracket to move the caliper so that it fits in the wheel. That setup is for 2004-2013 Honda CRF 250r as well. Was just expecting better anti-fade properties from the larger rotor, but have been pleased to report much stronger bite as well.

ProDigit 07-01-2024 10:57 PM

Quote:

Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile, but I finally got some free time and did a SuperMoto conversion on my Templar X. I love it. It's a lot more fun on the street now. Can still swap back to dirt setup in 20-30 minutes. Have all white plastics for it too but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Still need to shave down the front fender a bit for the sumo setup as it's a little long but doesn't look too bad.

I like it. Just wished the Templar would have a street version like this, but with a bit larger wheel/tire.

Texas Pete 07-02-2024 06:26 PM

~2,300 miles. OEM battery, OEM carb, OEM pretty much everything. Running great. Replaced the brake fluid with DOT 4, cleaned and oiled the air filter. It's all good so far on this Templar X.

AngryDick 07-03-2024 11:52 AM

I just put together my new 2024 Templar-X 6 speed and noticed the engine says ZS172FMM-3A but the listing on Powersportsmax says ZS172FMM-5A, anyone know the difference. It is in fact a 6 speed.

Crossbar 07-04-2024 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had mine about a month. It also has the '-3A'.

Thumper 07-04-2024 12:39 PM

I thought that they just had crankcases stamped 3A and decided to use them up with 6 speed builds, but NO, they persist with the 3A stamp. I really don't know why they aren't stamped "-5" which is what Zongshen designated the 6 speed (yeah I know, why not -6?)

Meh. Who cares. It has 6 gears and the counterbalance it pretty obvious!

TempX 07-04-2024 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 410121)
I thought that they just had crankcases stamped 3A and decided to use them up with 6 speed builds, but NO, they persist with the 3A stamp. I really don't know why they aren't stamped "-5" which is what Zongshen designated the 6 speed (yeah I know, why not -6?)

Meh. Who cares. It has 6 gears and the counterbalance it pretty obvious!

Because CHINA

AngryDick 07-07-2024 03:29 PM

https://x.alibaba.com/Awufic?ck=pdp
Will this fit in a Templar x?

Aussie_in_MO 07-08-2024 01:54 PM

Quote:

Awesome work! I've got a similar conversion planned for my 6 speed X coming up. I've got a set of Suzuki GS500 wheels that have been kicking around for a while. Haven't had the time to look at what bearings will be compatible with the X axles but I'm happy to see that others are going the same direction!

TempX 07-08-2024 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie_in_MO (Post 410213)
Awesome work! I've got a similar conversion planned for my 6 speed X coming up...

Thanks! I can't wait to see yours. I'll try to help with any questions that may come up.

Thumper 07-12-2024 11:52 AM

LOOUDer

After a couple of years, my Temp X has gotten loud. I mean it sounds nice at low throttle and low rpm, but twist the throttle, and it makes a cracking sound on acceleration :wtf:

Have you opened your slipon? I am sure I need to repack mine.

Any photos? I have rivets to close it up again. Should be pretty straight forward. Any recommendations on packing material? I have found some fiberglass packing material that looks OK, also ceramic glasspack media that looks very dense.