ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Templar X 250 (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30518)

Zapkin 04-01-2024 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okierider (Post 406341)
More like, lay back in a hammock with a half gallon of cookies-and-crème and enjoy the edibles my dude.

i have peanut butter and chocolate

Thumper 04-01-2024 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapkin (Post 406344)
i have peanut butter and chocolate

Templar X are available. Go ahead and order one Zapkin. You can always sell the Hawk!

Thumper 04-02-2024 05:33 AM

OK, so Templar X is out of stock at PSM again. That was quick.
Popular model.

cootees 04-02-2024 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thumper (Post 406352)
PK, so Templar X is out of stock at PSM again. That was quick.

Dang, I was gonna purchase one this week. I am assuming this bike runs out of stock frequently?

Texas Pete 04-02-2024 09:57 PM

Nope, this is sounding more like insane levels of demand now. Something must have popped for it to be so popular and sell out right away after a fresh restock.

Aussie_in_MO 04-03-2024 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Pete (Post 406383)
Nope, this is sounding more like insane levels of demand now. Something must have popped for it to be so popular and sell out right away after a fresh restock.

I know for me it was the Mike Festiva video review of the base model Templar that pushed me over the edge.

Just helped a buddy put his new red Templar X together last night. He bought his after riding mine a few weeks ago.

Diehard 04-03-2024 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weresquatch (Post 406243)
Which safety label is it missing? Mine has a lot of them. I originally started looking at Templars after a guy I know in Bend bought one. There's also a Youtuber "Oregon Trail Rider" I think who has a licensed one. Good luck.

its the safety label i believe the guy at dmv called it a fsa label oregon trail rider im familiar withand he is not licensed good luck

Okierider 04-04-2024 07:31 PM

Seems I have an air leak somewhere. Was playing around this afternoon and all of a sudden the bike starts to stumble and die. Start it back up and it idles and revs just fine, but put it under throttle and it stumbles and falls on its face like it’s way rich. Barely get it back to the barn.
Tear everything apart (I have a Nibbi 30mm coming in the mail tomorrow anyway) and found the boot from the head to the carb is all cracked and decaying. I don’t think it’s the problem but it definitely needs to be replaced.
Is there a replacement yet?

Oh and my bike, vin number 69 so I’m guessing a very early import, has a gasket between intake boot and head.

Hand_made 04-05-2024 05:12 PM

I have had my Templar 250 X 6 speed for a month now and have gotten to the trust level to ride it to work everyday. I told PSM to call it a motorcycle on the MSO cert, and Florida licensed it with no problems. I am thinking about ordering a full kit of backup electronics parts, cdi, coils, etc and keep them in a faraday type container for the odd emp attack.
Does anyone know where I can buy absolutely everything electrical related? I will post pics of mods if anyone is interested. I have begun to really like this bike!

Thumper 04-05-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okierider (Post 406521)
Seems I have an air leak somewhere. Was playing around this afternoon and all of a sudden the bike starts to stumble and die. Start it back up and it idles and revs just fine, but put it under throttle and it stumbles and falls on its face like it’s way rich. Barely get it back to the barn.
Tear everything apart (I have a Nibbi 30mm coming in the mail tomorrow anyway) and found the boot from the head to the carb is all cracked and decaying. I don’t think it’s the problem but it definitely needs to be replaced.
Is there a replacement yet?

Oh and my bike, vin number 69 so I’m guessing a very early import, has a gasket between intake boot and head.

Not sure if this helps, but...
https://www.chinariders.net/showpost...3&postcount=40

Weresquatch 04-09-2024 03:50 PM

Oh, I'm in WA and had no issues. I hope you are able to get yours cleared

Mikd 04-13-2024 11:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
For those wanting to upgrade the skidplate this wasn't too bad, drilled two small holes for mounting screws and used a floor jack to hold it tight to frame rails while screwing it down. Decent fit considering it was not made for this model. The stock skid is quite thin (and noisey), this should be a bit better and not a bad ebay find for $37.

K'hermiit 04-17-2024 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikd (Post 406893)
For those wanting to upgrade the skidplate this wasn't too bad, drilled two small holes for mounting screws and used a floor jack to hold it tight to frame rails while screwing it down. Decent fit considering it was not made for this model. The stock skid is quite thin (and noisey), this should be a bit better and not a bad ebay find for $37.

Nice, it looks like the one I got. It has done a great job protecting the undercarriage too. I have the marks on it to prove it. :)

Mikd 04-21-2024 02:51 PM

I replaced the stock skid after a rather harsh impact with a rock bent it up into the motor. The stock skid is better than nothing but for 37 dollars this was a real upgrade.

Chienmin Su 04-23-2024 05:43 PM

Front brake fluid reservoir cap removal

My front brake lever felt spongy and doesn't have a lot stopping power. I checked the reservoir sight glass and it's all clear (not sure if it's empty or over filled). I tried to remove the cap by loosing the 2 screws hold it down but they are super tight that I am about to strip them. Has anyone removed them before and what's the trick?