ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Dual Sport/Enduro (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Zongshen TT 250 is Coming (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=15357)

2LZ 03-28-2016 02:03 PM

My '08 X-moto's have yet to fade but it's always garaged and not ridden a lot. I hear it's an issue though. Maybe the new ones are improved?

I'm hoping that the TT250 has the removable baffle like the Hawk! Dump the cat in the header pipe and do some baffle mods and that will save me from the $$$ of a slip-on pipe!

PNWDualRider 03-29-2016 11:03 PM

Anyone wanna start placing bets on when these beauties will arrive on United States soil? I'm thinking friday the 1st!

kohburn 03-30-2016 07:09 AM

if someone posted up on the 1st that they arrived, I wouldn't believe it.

2LZ 03-30-2016 10:40 AM

Well, let's say they got to Shanghai on the 20th, for round figures...I'm guessing U.S. soil (pre-Customs) around April 8th. That's a lot of paddling.

rojo_grande 03-30-2016 11:20 AM

I'm gonna say the TT's will arrive tomorrow 3/31. Here's my redneck logic.

The pics from production were presumably taken on 3/16 and posted by Joe on 3/17 on the blog. I also assume the bikes would have shipped to Shanghai on the 16th and arrived in Shanghai no later than the 18th. Also assume the departed Shanghai at some point on the 18th. A quick Google search shows average transit times between Shanghai and Port of LA is 12 days. Assume I'm off by a day somewhere, that puts the TT's in port on 3/31, on US soil. A day for customs (as long as the EPA doesn't get involved) and the bikes are at the CSC plant on 4/1 - 4/2. Not sure in what state bikes are in when they get here. Final assembly, changing fluids, installing battery, test fire/ride, re-crate and ship, I guestimate at 3 or 4 days. Then transit to CO at 3 days. So I'm marking the 9th or 10th down as a "Sick Day" anticipating a TT delivery.

mjstef 03-30-2016 11:32 AM

China Shipping follows Shanghai Port, Ningbo Port, Los Angeles Port. The transit time is around 21 days.......

SpudRider 03-30-2016 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rojo_grande (Post 209453)
I'm gonna say the TT's will arrive tomorrow 3/31. Here's my redneck logic.

The pics from production were presumably taken on 3/16 and posted by Joe on 3/17 on the blog. I also assume the bikes would have shipped to Shanghai on the 16th and arrived in Shanghai no later than the 18th. Also assume the departed Shanghai at some point on the 18th. A quick Google search shows average transit times between Shanghai and Port of LA is 12 days. Assume I'm off by a day somewhere, that puts the TT's in port on 3/31. A day for customs (as long as the EPA doesn't get involved) and the bikes are at the CSC plant on 4/1 - 4/2.

It takes about 7 days to travel down the Yangtze River to Shanghai. Then it takes several days for the containers to transfer from the river container ship to the ocean container vessel. After the containers are transferred, the ocean going vessel usually waits about a week gathering other cargo, before it goes to sea. This vessel might stop in another port, such as Seoul, South Korea, for a few days to pick up additional cargo. Once the vessel heads for the high seas, it takes about 12 days to travel across the Pacific to the port in Long Beach. Then the vessel needs to get a birth in the harbor, and be unloaded, which takes a few days. Finally, the cargo needs to pass customs, and be transferred to CSC. ;)

mjstef 03-30-2016 11:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Pick your ship.......

rojo_grande 03-30-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 209457)
It takes about 7 days to travel down the Yangtze River to Shanghai. Then it takes several days for the containers to transfer from the river container ship to the ocean container vessel. After the containers are transferred, the ocean going vessel usually waits about a week gathering other cargo, before it goes to sea. This vessel might stop in another port, such as Seoul, South Korea, for a few days to pick up additional cargo. Once the vessel heads for the high seas, it takes about 12 days to travel across the Pacific to the port in Long Beach. Then the vessel needs to get a birth in the harbor, and be unloaded, which takes a few days. Finally, the cargo needs to pass customs, and be transferred to CSC. ;)

But what if they are on the fastest orange ship??;) Bummer. I guess the "Sick Day" will have to be postponed a week or so.

SpudRider 03-31-2016 08:56 PM

CSC has announced new pricing, and free shipping for the TT250. :)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=20838

The price for the TT250 is $1,895, with free shipping. In addition, you must pay the following fees.

Crating Fee: $150
Assembly Fee: $195
Documentation Fee: $35

If the TT250 is shipped to you, the final cost is $1,895 plus $380, or $2,275.

If you pick up the bike at CSC in Azusa, you can subtract the $150 crating fee. ;)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/...eShipping2.jpg

BlackBike 03-31-2016 09:30 PM

spud answered my questions on costs. seems like this will be the class benchmark bike with all the write-up so far. we will see.

PNWDualRider 03-31-2016 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 209639)
CSC has announced new pricing, and free shipping for the TT250. :)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=20838

The price for the TT250 is $1,895, with free shipping. In addition, you must pay the following fees.

Crating Fee: $150
Assembly Fee: $195
Documentation Fee: $35

If the TT250 is shipped to you, the final cost is $1,895 plus $380, or $2,275.

If you pick up the bike at CSC in Azusa, you can subtract the $150 crating fee. ;)

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/...eShipping2.jpg

My full price quote for the "Don't miss the boat" event locks the price in at $2,180 though right? My invoice says $2,180. Or did the prices get raised on us?

SpudRider 03-31-2016 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWDualRider (Post 209649)
My full price quote for the "Don't miss the boat" event locks the price in at $2,180 though right? My invoice says $2,180. Or did the prices get raised on us?

I'm sure your DMTB price is locked in, and will be honored. :) The new prices will be applied to everyone else, from this point onward, who didn't jump on the DMTB offer. ;)

2LZ 04-01-2016 12:03 AM

I hope this is a good sign....like they may be showing up soon and CSC's doing some more promotions for the extra stock arriving.

1cylinderwonder 04-01-2016 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PNWDualRider (Post 209649)

Just have to add registration/license and sales tax (depending on the state)

Ron B 04-01-2016 06:52 AM

looking at csc website it has the same cluster as the hawk. the new dash with tach, and digital speedo that mjstef is getting for our hawks should bolt right on if it doesn't mess with the warranty by doing it.

2LZ 04-03-2016 11:06 AM

I just saw some newer pics of the TT250 on the CSC website. Seems the newer mirrors it's coming with may actually stick out far enough to clear the shoulders and be functional!
That's a bonus. Hate the ones on Q. Same ones as on the Hawk, I believe. I have to adjust them to use just the upper, outer corners to see behind me. Useless.....at least with my bar width.

david3921 04-03-2016 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 210086)
I just saw some newer pics of the TT250 on the CSC website. Seems the newer mirrors it's coming with may actually stick out far enough to clear the shoulders and be functional!
That's a bonus. Hate the ones on Q. Same ones as on the Hawk, I believe. I have to adjust them to use just the upper, outer corners to see behind me. Useless.....at least with my bar width.

I always buy extenders for any bike I ride now. I had a set on my Q (XF) when I had it and it helped out a lot.

BlackBike 04-03-2016 12:02 PM

Quote:

Lz .. I find myself peeking around my shoulders too. Is the steel on these c bikes malleable enough to bend outward in a vice? Or is the steel brittle and just snap?

ughmas 04-03-2016 12:42 PM

Quote:

I have to say the finished production bikes look fantastic in the new photos... I noticed they upgraded to LED turn signals as well. :)

SeerAtlas 04-03-2016 01:52 PM

ryan told me over the phone at the time they were agreeing to the final specs w zongshen, that "csc requested upgrades for pretty much everything that could reasonably be upgraded!"

My guess is that they are really trying to get favorable reviews vs. the big 4 at a fraction of the price. might get em too for everyone but racers:) Also,
the detail on the new road bike looks hella good for anyone's entry 250 bike.

SpudRider 04-03-2016 02:03 PM

I agree on all points. :)

I look forward to your comparison of the Hawk and TT250 motorcycles.

2LZ 04-03-2016 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudRider (Post 210112)
I look forward to your comparison of the Hawk and TT250 motorcycles.

X2! It would be a hoot to have both, parked side by side, and do about a 6 pack over comparisons.

Jayman77 04-03-2016 04:46 PM

The TT250 looks amazing!!!!!!!!

SeerAtlas 04-04-2016 08:04 AM

Hey, just noticed. you guys see the changed gas tank cap on the new csc bike photos? sorry in advance if already posted and i missed it.

chuck 04-04-2016 08:43 AM

The TT special is the hawk with $600 worth of upgrades that you you can do.I don't need a bike that does not need no upgrading.I bought the Hawk just to keep me busy working on it.

Adjuster 04-04-2016 09:30 AM

Does the TT and the Hawk share the same seat geometry? I have heard complaints the dip in the Hawk seat forces you forward like sitting on a downhill slope.

/

lee47512 04-04-2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 210193)
Does the TT and the Hawk share the same seat geometry? I have heard complaints the dip in the Hawk seat forces you forward like sitting on a downhill slope.

/

It does and don't wear any pants being close to tight or your boys wanna head for your throat. Loose fitting clothing:tup:

ughmas 04-04-2016 12:03 PM

Here are the new production model pics in case anyone has not seen them yet
http://cdn3.volusion.com/qsgah.sptja...jpg?1459602578

Adjuster 04-04-2016 12:13 PM

It looks great!

/

2LZ 04-04-2016 12:15 PM

I love the upgraded switch gear and mirrors. The adjustable dampening forks wil be nice for us 200+ pounders. Oh wait, it's Mrs 2LZ bike! Scratch that last one. ;-)

SeerAtlas 04-04-2016 01:27 PM

welding on that footpeg mount looks a bit sketchy to me....,
but that is pretty classy brake cable/line mounting:)

2LZ 04-04-2016 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeerAtlas (Post 210229)
welding on that footpeg mount looks a bit sketchy to me....,
but that is pretty classy brake cable/line mounting:)

Aren't China welds a thing of beauty!? LOL!
You want to see some good China welding, I'll get a pic of the aluminum swingarm on Q. Nice stuff.

Jayman77 04-04-2016 06:16 PM

This bike looks really good.
wieilds might need to be finished better but look very sturdy and they look like full wiields and not spots.
best looking china duel sport I have seen on the market and I would be willing to bet my money on it in a shoot out with any other CB duel sport.
just my opinion .
:thanks:

SeerAtlas 04-04-2016 08:08 PM

will let you know, keeping one hawk stock for comparo.

Adjuster 04-04-2016 08:59 PM

I don't much care about the appearance of welds as long as they're good strong welds and the parts are all straight and in there correct positions. Welding is an art. I don't know if these bikes are welded by hand or machine. I do know not every assembly line worker can be a welding artist.

/

kohburn 04-05-2016 07:10 AM

I've seen pretty welds that did not get full penetration and ugly welds that were stronger than the surrounding metal. ugly welds don't bother me.

2LZ 04-05-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adjuster (Post 210294)
Welding is an art.
/

You're not kidding. I just did some damn ugly welding last weekend on the Rhino. I rely heavily on a grinder. That's what happens when a guy welds once every 5+ years....but it stuck! :-)

The upside is out of the 6 CB's I've had, I've not had a single weld fail regardlesss of appearance or the abuse I've put them through.

SeerAtlas 04-05-2016 12:00 PM

c'mon you guys are killing me here. look at the welds on that frame as well.

Look , here's the deal. csc tells everyone they are going to get the boat special and save like 500.oo or so by putting down a thou cash some what?6,7,8 months in advance.? then we got people on this board and else where (csc blogs/vids etc} extolling the awesome attention to detail of zong et al and the extreme quality control etc etc etc.
now it turns out the savings are really less than a hundred bucks, and we see welds like that.

just to let you know, when my bro and i went down to look at our first hawk in person, the very first words out of his mouth were " DAMNED, look at those welds!!!" having both had previous china bikes as well as jap, brit, american, italian, german, and even russian, czech, spanish and korean bikes, we were both shocked by the immaculate quality of the hawk welds, clearly equal to anyone's, at least on that hawk. the decision to purchase was instant , in fact having got the one, changed the pegs and gearing and ridden the hell out of it , we liked it so much we got another and are pleased as punch with both.

nonetheless, seeing csc going all out for the top enduro type bike with the upgrades etc., going the extra mile with the classy service videos etc.,and the zong afficianatos ' steady quality mantra, i finally succumbed, joined the herd, and reserved one myself.

In a few weeks , i will see for myself if the tt250 is worth the extra dough for those of us outside the peoples republic of california and its 60's remnant planet ,protecting "hey, this 15.00 min wage doesn't make any sense, but i'll sign it anyway" governor .(i met him back in the 'hazy' days of his youth, could tell u stories...}.

now granted, the tt250 photos we have are off one -prototype demo only and having read a bit about the zong's chairman, owner, big dog whatever's personal push to move the chinese bike industry to the next level, i remain hopeful the bikes we get, especially my fast red one :), will represent the epitome of the chinese dual sport/trail genre and a worthy competitor to any mfg's bike; as well as the overwhelming winner of the "bang for buck" crown.

In the meantime, tho, lets not let the 'rah rah' get too out of hand and damage the boards' rep for integrity in the greater motorcycling world.

an ugly weld is still a bad weld, whether it holds or not.

mq1991 04-05-2016 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LZ (Post 210380)
You're not kidding. I just did some damn ugly welding last weekend on the Rhino. I rely heavily on a grinder. That's what happens when a guy welds once every 5+ years....but it stuck! :-)

The upside is out of the 6 CB's I've had, I've not had a single weld fail regardlesss of appearance or the abuse I've put them through.

"A grinder and paint makes me the welder i ain't" ;) :D