ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   I ordered a new Hensim 250 street bike (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=4716)

TheRealWorld 03-22-2010 01:43 PM

Thanks for the input, FastDoc. I have decided that I have some kind of a problem that I would describe as simply not enough release space between the clutch plates. No mater what I do, I can not get the clutch to completely disengage. At idol it will try to inch forward when the clutch is all the way back, and there is no more adjustment possible.

I thought if I ever opened it up, I might take a plate out if that was possible, it has been years since I had one of those apart.

FastDoc 03-22-2010 01:51 PM

Heres a better idea, I think. :idea:

I did this years ago on a GS1100 Suzuki that simply did not have enough 'clutch lever travel' to fully disengage the clutch.

In her case, it was probably slightly warped steel clutch plates, but this worked anyways.

Look at where your clutch lever stops against the perch. You will see how filing some of this material away from the lever, top and bottom will allow greater travel of the lever, and therefor the clutch plates themselves. Increasing the travel about 5 degrees should work.

Let me know if this makes sense or you need a picture. :D

TheRealWorld 03-22-2010 02:05 PM

It makes sense and I understand it. I will try it and get back to you. I have a busy day so maybe not today!

FastDoc 03-22-2010 02:07 PM

Of course the lever will be a little further out from the handlebar at rest, but unless you have small hands it should not make a difference.

TheRealWorld 03-25-2010 09:28 PM

OK, I did it and I was able to get it in to neutral for the first time running, it is not perfect but it is better and i will continue to play with it. I will let you know what I find. I am very busy so it will be awhile before I get to play!

Thanks for the advice!

FastDoc 03-25-2010 11:32 PM

Glad I could help! We look forward to your next installment! :D

TheRealWorld 04-09-2010 11:09 PM

I have developed a running issue after it warms up. It misses and sputters, like I am low on fuel, but I am not. I thought I would start with plugs, so I need a recommendation for plugs. I suppose it could be a fuel issue, but it runs good cold. It is a 250 Hensim two cylinder.

Any thoughts?

TheRealWorld 04-26-2010 10:15 PM

Plugs solved the problem, runs great now. Tranny still requires some patience.

TheRealWorld 05-12-2010 09:58 PM

Just an update. I continue to have some tranny problems at 2000 miles. The last time out was the worst I have ever had. This bike is famous for tranny trouble, and I have no idea what to do about it. I would not recommend this bike any more, for this reason. I also did the bushing thing and it helped a bit.

I took it for a ride tonight to test it and see how it worked, it is intact, but just needs TLC when shifting. I have mastered getting it into neutral while the engine is running, I need to get it to first gear then while coasting at idle speed shift to neutral while rolling without the clutch. It works!

FastDoc 05-12-2010 11:00 PM

Sorry to hear about the tranny. Hopefully it won't get worse and you'll have many otherwise happy miles!

TheRealWorld 05-12-2010 11:13 PM

I enjoy your input and thanks for the comments. I think it is worse when the engine is warm. I do have Rottella 10W40 synthetic oil in it.

Weldangrind 05-12-2010 11:32 PM

Maybe a switch to synthetic 20W50 four stroke motorcycle oil would help. Couldn't hurt, especially since the shifting gets worse as it warms up.

TheRealWorld 05-12-2010 11:46 PM

That is a great idea, I would love to resolve this issue. Thanks for the input.

Catdog 06-26-2010 09:05 PM

Clutch adjustment

I also took 1/8 inch off the top of the clotch cable in line adgustment bracket. Good luck
catdog :P

TheRealWorld 06-28-2010 12:09 AM

So Catdog, How did it work for you? My situation has not changed, but I am still hoping for improvement.