ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Other Brands (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Concours Cafe Project (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22700)

cheesy 02-07-2020 08:31 PM

Not a fan of Cafe' style bikes but that gray one is sharp.

Sport Rider 02-09-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheesy (Post 328044)
Not a fan of Cafe' style bikes but that gray one is sharp.

yeah, but not as sharp as mine. :D:D:D

Sport Rider 02-13-2020 05:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Made some killer progress this week. Probably the biggest jump forward since I started the build. It really is impressive to see how this addition has transformed the project so significantly. Just look at those babies peeking out underneath the headlight. Awesome!

I know you're all are stunned and speechless.

:thanks:

JerryHawk250 02-13-2020 10:12 PM

:tup: I'm speechless. Lol nice!

Sport Rider 02-14-2020 03:21 PM

Had to have them to pass inspection. I got word my carbs are in progress, so I'm looking forward to hearing it run and being able to get it on the street. I still have to replace tires before the inspection though. not a biggie, just $$$.

Sport Rider 02-24-2020 11:16 AM

last last week I got my carbs back. Saturday I got them installed. she started up and ran great. Now for the problem. Clutch plates slipping TERRIBLY bad! change oil. better, but still slipping under heavier power. I had replaced the friction plates last summer when I was freshening up things. I don't recall I did the springs though. Have some on order now and will have to pop off the side case when they come in. I was able to ride it around the block a bit. it ran good. just couldn't drop the hammer like I wanted to. :)

Sport Rider 03-02-2020 02:39 PM

late last week I got all the clutch parts I needed to get things fixed up. got it all put back together but had to also replace the master and slave cylinders to get things right. it still needs some bleeding to be "right", but it's working enough for a couple shakedown runs.

The first run I stalled the bike at a stop and it was slow to turn over. battery problem. I headed back to the house for some diagnosis. turns out it was a broken wire in behind the battery box. appears it was just old and brittle. replaced than and headed back out for another shakedown.

second shakedown the front turn signals and horns ended up not working. likely some loose wires. I didn't baby it and the exhaust note was sweet. nice growl down low and she screamed at the top of her lungs up high. hit 100 in 4th gear and still pulling nicely. Stopped to get gas as well. started right up afterwards.

I am DEFINITELY going to get a ticket on this thing. :D

still have a few more odds and ends to button up, but overall, she's about ready for inspection and tags to be legal.

Sport Rider 03-03-2020 10:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Christmas!

Sport Rider 03-04-2020 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
a little bit of prep work before the new shoes go on....

JerryHawk250 03-04-2020 02:10 PM

That's right, you don't put on a new pair of shoes with old socks. lol :tup: Going to look nice.

herbie 03-06-2020 10:56 AM

After all this work and now your almost done, so what are you going to do with all that extra time? :lmao:

Looks nice by the way, I like the big headlight, fits well with the big bike.

Sport Rider 03-06-2020 03:27 PM

probably ride it for a while, then sell it and start on the next one. a bobber will probably be next.

Sport Rider 03-09-2020 11:20 AM

so, after a couple rounds of bleeding the lines, the clutch seems to be working well. I also got the tires on after the above prettying up of the rims. I also grabbed the progressive shock off the parts bike and put it on the project bike as well. I also had to replace the turn signals because I blew out both bulbs and since they were not LED, I decided to get another set.

With all the done, I got a chance to take it out for a good ride this weekend. A friend of mine is just learning to ride. he was anxious to get out and get some practice, so I took the project bike out for a slow-paced ride with him. we were out a couple hours and did about 50 to 60 miles. other than a wiring problem with the horns, it ran fine and didn't have any problems at all.

Very happy with the progress so far and once I get the horns sorted out, it will be ready for inspection and licensing.

yea!!!

Sport Rider 03-16-2020 04:09 PM

so....after the long ride I posted above, I discovered that my front turn signals were out as well as my low beam. both bulbs on the signals fried as did my low beam on the headlight. I found a broken wire in the headlight bucket. I also decided to other different turn signals that were LED. after fixing those, I got a replacement horn. both horns are now hooked up and honking like goosed geese. I think I'm now ready for inspection, but the weather has turned sucky. no win. :(

Sport Rider 03-23-2020 04:09 PM

I had a chance to get away from work for a while on Friday and take the bike up to get inspected. then about 2 hours of riding. just need to get insurance set up and I can go get a tag for it. Already thinking of the next project. I'm going to convert something into a bobber.