ChinaRiders Forums

ChinaRiders Forums (http://www.chinariders.net/index.php)
-   Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters (http://www.chinariders.net/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Vitacci Clash 200 EFI Scooter (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=30659)

Mudflap 05-27-2023 11:08 AM

I pulled the fuel gauge sending unit/fuel pump to see if it was hanging up or could be adjusted but no joy. The ohm reading from the potentiometer was consistent throughout it's range of movement, and it moved freely. Couldn't bend the float rod enough to make a difference because doing so would make it hit the filter or the top of the tank. Range is 8.5 ohms to 87 ohms.

clash 168cc 05-27-2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudflap (Post 395475)
I pulled the fuel gauge sending unit/fuel pump to see if it was hanging up or could be adjusted but no joy. The ohm reading from the potentiometer was consistent throughout it's range of movement, and it moved freely. Couldn't bend the float rod enough to make a difference because doing so would make it hit the filter or the top of the tank. Range is 8.5 ohms to 87 ohms.

My fuel gauge has started to wander up and down. Even 5 miles after a full tank it drops to 3 bars then 6 then 4. I just go by resetting the trip A when it's full. I'm going to run the tank down and see what miles it goes to empty. If the display goes out I'll use a dip stick later on. The display can't be cheap or easy to get and would have the same low quality if you bought a new one. You might see if the dealer can get you a new sending unit for it. Might not be too much.

Mudflap 06-18-2023 01:24 PM

About 3000 miles now and then rear tire is nearly worn out. I'll be installing the Michelin next week. No complaints about the original Seyoun tires in the handling department, they are soft and grippy.

Mikd 06-28-2023 02:28 PM

Have a Clash 200 on order. Fingers crossed its a decent little runabout. Glad this place is here for info as I like to tinker.

Mudflap 06-28-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikd (Post 396836)
Have a Clash 200 on order. Fingers crossed its a decent little runabout. Glad this place is here for info as I like to tinker.

Hope yours arrives without shipping damage. Chinese bikes are great for those who like to tinker. Parts are super cheap.

Mikd 06-30-2023 10:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Arrived today, packaging was clean. Hopefully assemble it tomorrow.

Mikd 06-30-2023 10:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great looking scooter

Mikd 07-02-2023 04:54 PM

Question, has anyone experienced the electronic speedo not registering speed? Seems to happen about 1/3 of the time.

Mikd 07-02-2023 04:55 PM

Pic

clash 168cc 07-02-2023 06:24 PM

Check your connections. must be a speed sensor on the wheel somewhere. Mine is showing over actual speed between 3 to 7 mph like most of them. There's a wire going to the right side of the front axle. That could be it. Yours may have not been hooked up yet at the wheel, display or computer. I see the wire in your picture attached to the right fork but not hooked up correctly maybe when the front wheel was put on.

Mudflap 07-03-2023 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikd (Post 397007)
Question, has anyone experienced the electronic speedo not registering speed? Seems to happen about 1/3 of the time.

Pic doesn't show up for me but make sure the tabs on the speedo sensor are in the slots in the wheel hub and that the tab on the speedo sensor housing is properly positioned so it is held from turning by the fork.

Mikd 07-04-2023 10:02 PM

Pic refused to load for some reason. The speedo pickup is positioned correctly on the wheeel hub. It seems to be an electronic issue, if I stop and cycle the key off and restart it works properly.

Added some led lighting to the inside the red reflector on the top case, anything to help with visibility for distracted drivers

Dblack5939 07-07-2023 10:41 AM

I've gotten over 3,000 miles on mine but, this scooter is hard to work on because of how it's designed.

Dblack5939 07-07-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobEmBlind (Post 379228)
Hello, I am new to this forum but have been following . I have a clash 200 efi and my belt shredded into pieces and there isn't anyone that knows the correct size. I took it all apart which was easy. I didn't have to remove the peg but I did take a bolt off by the peg and it dropped it enough to remove the cover. Does anyone know what size belt it is? Thanks in advance.

Hey, I was wondering if you took a pic of how you got the belt off without removing the peg? If so could you post something?

clash 168cc 07-07-2023 01:49 PM

I had to wiggle while holding in the kick start shaft. The first time the kick start came apart. You may have to re-weld/move the foot peg. Someone else said remove a motor mount to drop the engine lower.