Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2017, 04:54 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekon2s View Post
Thanks for the likes guys! It's hard to find a place where people don't just immediately hate on a chinese bike. As for registering a hawk in KS, I'm not sure, but i do want one, or a Brozz... or a Tekken... or.. lol You get the picture.
I was wanting to do something a bit more aggressive offroad so was thinking the Shinko 244's or the Kenda 270's. Several of those don't list a 4.6 for the front, but it sounds like you can use a rear and move it to the front and it's not a big deal. Here's what I've found so far, anymore input will be appreciate as well!

I was looking at these for the handguards, but not sure if they'd work on mine or not. It doesn't give much info
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000LGU4BS...V7IJB5EL&psc=1

Here's the carb kit:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G68EYS8...I2A5L1B6JV7TOI

Looking here for exhaust: http://chinesemotorcyclepartsonline....3051/Pulse/0/0

Just the little i've ridden it, it seems like the throttle isn't very responsive, but it still needs broken in and what not. Where are you getting your oil filters? I imagine jetting it will help a lot as well - i'll also take off the EGR.
I also HATE that it won't start and run unless the kickstand is up. I may just bypass that all together, but i kinda wish i could get it to run in neutral with the kickstand down. Kinda wanting this to be my adventure bike.
Here are the oil filters I run. I'm not sure if your TU250 Suzuki motor takes the same filter. I bought 6 of them and change it every other oil change.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I first ran this muffler on my Qlink as I've done on all of my Hondoids but with the OHC in the Suzuki motor, it had a sharper tone that I wasn't happy with. The good thing about the FMF TC2 is that it's a USFS Approved spark arrestor.

https://www.amazon.com/FMF-Turbineco...+turbinecore+2

This is now the muffler I'm running on Q and really like the sound. I've done some baffle adjusting (drilled more holes) and it has a nice sound with the OHC design.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I run those same hand guards on every bike I have in the fleet. I like them because they mount with one arm and don't attach to the bar ends. I hit brush and manzanita more than anything and I want them to flex and not push the bar as I'm riding. I have yet to break one. If I was doing Dakar or heavy river beds, I'd get a more aggressive hand guard.

Keep me posted on that jet kit! I've always wondered about that one. Also, regarding throttle response, there's a small cap you can remove on the side of the carb and fill the tiny port with a tad of RTV silicone. That really helped my throttle response. I'll get a pic this weekend and post it for you.

Here's some pics: the first one is with the FMF Turbine Core 2, the second pic is with the new muffler I just mounted last month and the third pic is of a straight on look at the hand guards that you're interested in.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:25 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
...I'm not sure if your TU250 Suzuki motor takes the same filter...
It's KN-136

Old 05-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #33

Thumbs Up Talked to SSR today

I was told that the new SSR XF250 will arrive in the USA on June 10th, a month from now. The dual sport will be available in Black, Orange or White. I'll be test riding, maybe purchasing, next month.
Next I be looking to purchase Suzuki TU250 service manual to become familiar with servicing the engine.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:23 AM   #34

Throttle Response

Though CV carbs have a throttle plate like a car, they rely on vacuum to draw up the slide. When in proper balance, they work very well and meter the fuel excellently.

That said, most are also set up for EPA and CARB requirements. Due to them not wanting an immediate rush of fuel when you open the throttle which will create more unburnt fuel, this is what causes the slight lag in throttle response.

If you have the same style carb, see in the pic, there's a small plate held in by Phillips screws behind the choke lever. Remove that plate and block the tiny port with a small amount of fuel resistant RTV silicone. Then remount the plate after it sets. This will improve throttle response as it did on Q.
Also, you will find the idle mixture screw on the top looking straight down on this carb. I set mine at 2 turns out and adjusted from there. You will find with the OHC motor, it is more hungry and you will find you'll need to run fatter jets than the Hondoids. The other beautiful thing about the CV carb is changing jets. Just loosen both clamps, undo the throttle cables and spin it. You can remove the float bowl without removing it from the engine. It will make testing jetting a breeze.

The "EGR" that you are referring to is actually an air injection. It does not hamper performance, but once you remove the cat, it will toss that extra cool O2 (at heavy throttle) that was supposed to burn unburnt gas off your cat and throw it on your muffler packing. If you are not removing the cat, I'd sugget leaving it functioning to keep your cat free of buildup. If you wish to remove your air injection, along with your cat, make a plate and block the head and plug the vacuum port, great. What I did with Q was I plugged the fat rubber hose (with a fat bolt with the head cut off) and plugged the vacuum feed with a BB. 5 minute fix.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Last edited by 2LZ; 05-26-2020 at 12:24 PM.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #35

Same carb as the XF250?

2LZ,
Is that the same carb as the SSR is using on their XF250 bike?
What is the brand of your carb?
I used your same method of loosening the clamps and spinning the carb to work on my KLR650's carb. Saves a lot of unnecessary disassembly.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:43 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
2LZ,
Is that the same carb as the SSR is using on their XF250 ...
200: Mikuni BS28 | 250: Teikei MV30

Old 05-07-2017, 01:18 PM   #37

Quote:
I was told that the new SSR XF250 will arrive in the USA on June 10th, a month from now. The dual sport will be available in Black, Orange or White. I'll be test riding, maybe purchasing, next month.
Next I be looking to purchase Suzuki TU250 service manual to become familiar with servicing the engine.
It will be interesting to see if any changes come for next year's model. If you end up needing a manual Haynes has made one for the XF250/200/125 specifically and it is about 1/4 the price of the tu250 manual. I ordered mine from chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:26 PM   #38

Quote:
2LZ,
Is that the same carb as the SSR is using on their XF250 bike?
What is the brand of your carb?
I used your same method of loosening the clamps and spinning the carb to work on my KLR650's carb. Saves a lot of unnecessary disassembly.
The xf250 uses a Teikei mv30 cv carb. A similar version the mv28 is found on small zongshen and yamaha dualsports.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:31 PM   #39

Thumbs Up Haynes Manual for XF250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh View Post
It will be interesting to see if any changes come for next year's model. If you end up needing a manual Haynes has made one for the XF250/200/125 specifically and it is about 1/4 the price of the tu250 manual. I ordered mine from chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.
dh,
Thanks for the heads-up on the Haynes Manual. I'll be ordering a copy.
I asked my closest SSR dealer about a service manual, and he had no answers.
Same answer from SSR!
I appreciate your help.
1CW

Old 05-08-2017, 12:42 AM   #40

FREE TU250 shop manual http://www.run2w.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23918 (Traditional Chinese in theory -The text is readable only. Some 100% Kanji words just changed to Chinese equivalent character, not the exact Chinese words | some character in simplified chinese ie. TAI LING hired some monkey to translate...)
---
Why there's shop manual leaked?
http://www.suzukimotor.com.tw/milestones.html Taiwan used build Grass Tracker...

Last edited by humanbeing; 05-08-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #41

Thanks for the info guys! I'm not sure the diameter of the exhaust pipe, will have to go measure. I appreciate you posting your pics up also, 2LZ. I was hoping to find a wix number, but i did find a link to the filters on Ebay. I emailed CMPO for some information on some parts as well, so we'll see if they get back with me.
2003 Honda XR70
20XX SSR 125 Pit Bike
2011 Ninja ZX6R - Stolen
1996 Honda VFR750F - Sold -
2004 Suzuki GSXR750 -Totaled-

Bunch of cars and trucks. lol

Old 05-08-2017, 11:01 AM   #42

It's good to keep up and learn about new bikes, as they changed the carb type on the XF250 as opposed to the 200. Humanbeing is always a wealth of information. :-)

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 05-08-2017, 12:56 PM   #43

Question Haynes Manual Catalog Number

Quote:
dh,
I contacted chinesemotorcyclepartsonline and received a reply this morning.
They told me they did not have or know about such a manual.
Can you check to see if your manual is actually by Haynes, and/or can you give me the catalog or publication item number from your manual.
If I have the Haynes Manual catalog number I can probably order it direct from Haynes.
Thanks,
1CW

Old 05-08-2017, 03:24 PM   #44

Give this a try. If you contact CMPO they won't know what an SSR is. This bike is branded a Pulse Adrenaline XF250 in the UK. It is also sold as a Sinnis Apache XF 250.

https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartson...50GY/XF250GY/0

https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartson...ulse/XF250GY/0

Old 05-08-2017, 03:54 PM   #45

Quote:
Give this a try. If you contact CMPO they won't know what an SSR is. This bike is branded a Pulse Adrenaline XF250 in the UK. It is also sold as a Sinnis Apache XF 250.

https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartson...50GY/XF250GY/0
https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartson...ulse/XF250GY/0
dh,
Thanks for the feed back. I'll check it out and place an order.
Very helpful.
Every place I contacted knew nothing about a SSR XF250 manual, including Haynes. (I didn't have the Haynes number 5750)