Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2016, 12:08 AM   #1

Hawk registered in Oregon, only took trips to 2 DMV's

I wouldn't suggest using powersportmax.com if you are in a hurry. Bought the bike back on 2/2/16 paid a $49.99 for "rush 1-day processing and shipping". Bike finally shipped 2/9/16. I asked for a refund on $49.99 as it was not processed and shipped in one day as it was stated on website. The message back said that $49.99 was only for 1day processing which they said occurred but the shipping can still take up to a week. I replied with a screen shot of the webpage clearly stating the policy as "one day processing and shipping". They refunded the next day. The bike arrived on the 18th, and I made my MCO request. They replied back the next day that they would send it asap. They stated it would be 7-10 business days. I didn't believe this so when it got the 15 business days, I sent a request for an update, quick reply said they would check. 4 business days went by and I replied again, this time that if it was not to me by the end of the week I would be filing a case with the Better Businees Bureau. The next day I got a message with a usps tracking number for the MCO. Which then arrived this last Friday.
Onto the DMV this morning. I had filled the forms out online from the DMV website, my bill of sale, and MCO. The DMV was empty(benefit of rural DMV) sadly it also meant she went over my paperwork. She acted like she had never done a China bike registration. I was helpful said I knew of other Hawks registered in Oregon. She had two problems. My bill of sale was just a printed invoice that said "bill of sale" no signatures anywhere on it. Oregon requires a signed bill of sale apparently. Next on the MCO the dealer on front was Maxpro LLC, which is the parent company of powersportsmax.com. On the back however they sign it "powersportsmax". She said she could accept the bill of sale, Hugo had to have a new MCO. I was pissed, and what she said next made me realize she just didn't want to do it. She suggested I try a larger "busy" DMV, maybe they would notice the discrepancy, if they did, she was sure a "manager" could override it. Her manager was not there that day, of course. So, I was heading to PDX 90 miles away. Figuring I'd hit the Hood River DMV, which is one town over, about 20 miles away. Walked into the HR DMV where I got right up to counter without waiting. It may have been the goofy 16 year old getting his license was enough to distract her, but she literally glanced at my MCO, didn't look at bill of sale, declared it all looked good. I was done and had a plate within 10 minutes. The only downside, which at this point I really didn't care, was I had to pay for 4year registration rather than the 2 I was planning on, $271, instead of $171. So, no my Hawk has to last at least the next 4 years. Haha!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (18.3 KB, 250 views)

Old 03-22-2016, 01:31 AM   #2

Great story with happy ending. I'm holding my head in my hands to keep it from exploding

Bought mine feb 1st. My mco will be here wednesday , wish me luck.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-22-2016, 01:57 AM   #3

Congratulations on defeating the Oregon DMV Nazis.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #4

congrats! still waiting on my docs.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:16 AM   #5

Congrats man! I had to deal with some of the same garbage here in Portland with that MSO 7-10 business days(actually took 17) BS. Registered the Hawk in about 5 minutes in a busy DMV here in town and it all worked out though.

2015 Haosen Hawk
1989 Kawasaki EX500
1991 Suzuki DR350

Old 03-24-2016, 01:26 PM   #6

Yeah I had it in my mind I was going to have problems. So, wasn't too shocked when she said she couldn't do it. I did get upset a bit after I was able to do it at the next DMV, especially since she suggested I do it. One friend of mine started ranting about the "government" when I told him the story. I only blame the DMV for their lack of training. In the end she is registered and that is all I care about. Woohoo!!

Old 04-06-2016, 05:55 PM   #7

With all the Hawk registration problems going on, I'm kind of changing my opinion that this is a red/blue state thing - seems to be more of a crapshoot than anything else. No go in NC, AL, but OK in NY, IL, and OR. Go figure.

I did stumble across this, that I thought would make it extra sweet for the boys from Oregon:

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/TS/docs/M...cycle.pdf?ga=t

That lack of training probably worked in your favor.

Old 04-07-2016, 12:58 AM   #8

Crapshoot is right torgo, reading your posts here and the other thread would really have me thinking twice about a $1400-1500 hawk purchase if going for the plate.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~