Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2014, 12:11 AM   #91

That's really impressive.

BTW, we do it the other way around in Metric. Rather than km per litre, we calculate how many litres it takes to travel 100km. In your case, it would be 3.18L / 100km.

It's like saying it takes you 0.81 gallons to travel 60 miles. Another way to consider it is 0.81 gallons per hour on the highway. In those terms, it makes it easy to quantify the cost of travel.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-18-2014, 12:33 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
That's really impressive.

BTW, we do it the other way around in Metric. Rather than km per litre, we calculate how many litres it takes to travel 100km. In your case, it would be 3.18L / 100km.

It's like saying it takes you 0.81 gallons to travel 60 miles. Another way to consider it is 0.81 gallons per hour on the highway. In those terms, it makes it easy to quantify the cost of travel.
Kinda off topic. But my 13 accent did it km per litre traded that for a 13 escape and it does it litre per 100 k

Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_D View Post
Kinda off topic. But my 13 accent did it km per litre traded that for a 13 escape and it does it litre per 100 k
Just a matter of looking at it from different view points .

Old 08-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #94

Next mileage ride ,I will be extending cell phone battery life over a larger amount of fuel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140820_131518[1].jpg (48.0 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpg 20140820_131611[1].jpg (46.9 KB, 253 views)

Old 08-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #95

Good for you. The Antigravity Microstart is the bee's knees. I recommended one to FastDoc last year.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=13288

I wish FastDoc would return to these forums, and give us an update on his Microstart. I miss him, but I understand he is very busy with his new job.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-20-2014, 09:52 PM   #96

This has been setting on my toolbox at work for months . The shop owner bought one for every autotech there . Sold to him by interstate battery ,who stocks our batteries . I was actually sitting there at my toolbox looking on ebay for a usb to install on the bike ,when I realized the answer was sitting right there .

Old 08-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #97

I love it when answers present themselves like that. I figure the good Lord is helping me.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-01-2015, 01:23 PM   #98

What an interesting and informative thread. Thanks for posting.

I'm just starting out on this journey to acquiring one of these EFI systems for my little zong 200 powered racing sidecar.

I had found the system on TB but was fairly worried that so much information needed to be passed between buyer and seller to get the set up right and that if going through TB trends some things would be missed. Its great to see you have purchased direct from FAI and are getting good support, this has surely got to be the way to go

For my purposes I'm not even slightly concerned about efficiency, only power, usable ride-able power that is and this seems to tick the right boxes.

How has your system been in regular use?

Old 01-01-2015, 11:29 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibberwobble View Post
What an interesting and informative thread. Thanks for posting.

I'm just starting out on this journey to acquiring one of these EFI systems for my little zong 200 powered racing sidecar.

I had found the system on TB but was fairly worried that so much information needed to be passed between buyer and seller to get the set up right and that if going through TB trends some things would be missed. Its great to see you have purchased direct from FAI and are getting good support, this has surely got to be the way to go

For my purposes I'm not even slightly concerned about efficiency, only power, usable ride-able power that is and this seems to tick the right boxes.

How has your system been in regular use?
I have not been Riding, now in the winter and early darkness . I do fire it a couple times a month . Starts right up ,seems on the first compression stroke . I am very happy with the system . PM sent

Old 01-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #100

Thanks for the pm The more I read about this the more I like it. The whole system will be easily covered by selling some of these carbs I have sat here.

Did you say somewhere that the venturi was 28mm? or did I read that somwhere else

Old 01-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #101

Quote:
Thanks for the pm The more I read about this the more I like it. The whole system will be easily covered by selling some of these carbs I have sat here.

Did you say somewhere that the venturi was 28mm? or did I read that somwhere else
Yes it did measure 28mm . I was using a 30mm carb . Injection still makes more power , the carb made good power with the advanced timing also.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:51 AM   #102

Ah cool, My TMX carb is a 28 I think but was going try try up to a 32mm. The problem with that being the intake tract on the engine is only 28mm so would need considering at the same time.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:30 PM   #103

Progress is being made thanks Ron, slightly confused sometimes by Mr. Yang but on the whole he is pretty understandable.

Looks like I gotta do this flywheel pick up mod, hmm goow or Mig????

I will update my thread (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14285) with progress so I dont clog yours up with a slightly different set up and create confusion!

Old 01-20-2015, 12:24 AM   #104

Quote:
Progress is being made thanks Ron, slightly confused sometimes by Mr. Yang but on the whole he is pretty understandable.

Looks like I gotta do this flywheel pick up mod, hmm goow or Mig????

I will update my thread (http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14285) with progress so I dont clog yours up with a slightly different set up and create confusion!
I know exactly what you mean . I would process it to the point ,I was sure I knew what mr yang was saying . Then ask him in my words to confirm I understood. You can read back ,How I extended the timing tab . looking forward your post .