Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #16

Congrats on the purchase and thanks for the info/updates.

My Lifan was shipped from Tx and also had a large rip in the cardboard, but I found nothing damaged. Air tools were quite helpful, making the job go a bit faster and letting me work longer.

Don't be surprised if you find a few spare bolts here and there. Many of us found a little something extra in the crate, and a few may have found a small item missing.

Hopefully you have some assembly instructions or a guide of some type to aid in the process. With or without detailed help, the best advice is to go slow, use plenty of loc-tite and a healthy dose of common sense.

My gas tank was sealed, but others found residue in their tank that needed rinsing before use, and some carbs have a little pack of the silicone stuff to keep moisture out, so be sure to look for that as well.

These guys can answer pretty much any question you have, so if you need help, just ask!

Once again, congrats on the new ride and welcome to CR!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 01-28-2009, 09:13 PM   #17

We need lots of pictures with full details so don't forget the camera while you are out there.

Also the bars are easily change to whatever you like. Should be standard 7/8" bars.

Allen

Old 01-29-2009, 02:41 AM   #18

Got my LB from Tim. 3500kms not a chirp. KNOCK ON WOOD.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:46 AM   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
Change the oil, Change the oil, Change the oil.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #20

wooo came from my home state :P

Old 01-29-2009, 11:59 PM   #21

Today I got it all together, checked over everything and tested the electrical circuits. I had not changed the oil or even given any thought of trying to start it, but I did want to try the starter circuit. After thinking it could not hurt anything I hit the start button for a instant, it worked, but it also started. I had not even put gas in the tank and I quickly shut it off. It sounded good. I did not expect that. I had smelled the inside of the gas tank and it had never had gas it it. I did figure out they must test it by connecting it to a fuel supply line rather than using the tank. Tomorrow I have some things to do but I will get some 91 octane gas and try it after I change the oil. I will list a couple problems in a few days but I am very impressed with this bike. I will have to hold off on much more evaluation until I get a chance to ride it and that will be a while, I am afraid. It looks great, it is just my size, I am 66 inches tall. I am going to the Honda dealer tomorrow and compare it to the rebel, it is similar. I'm going out to sit on it for a bit!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:07 AM   #22

I wanted to ask...does the bike have that off-road looking back tire? It looks odd in some of the Hensim photos, but was wondering if you have that tire, is there some reason it looks kind of off-roadish?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:11 AM   #23

congrats bro, hope everything works perfectly

Old 01-30-2009, 01:14 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle150
You should see if Tim or anyone else at Vbike can get the body plastics you need. They do have a 200 sport bike they show on their site, but I don't think it is anything like yours, but the company is an importer, and has been pretty dependable for many members here, and being located in your state, you might just find what you needed there.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle150
You should see if Tim or anyone else at Vbike can get the body plastics you need. They do have a 200 sport bike they show on their site, but I don't think it is anything like yours, but the company is an importer, and has been pretty dependable for many members here, and being located in your state, you might just find what you needed there.
i might bro but im having a hard time desiding if i want to put money into it, really all it is in a couple cracks in the left side panel(gorilla glued it) and the mirror broke off (also glued can hardely tell it broke) and after all it is my first bike so its kind of a "learner" idk man..wat do u think i should do?

Old 01-30-2009, 01:28 AM   #26

I know we're thread jacking a little, but like I wrote before, and now you seem to be much more comfortable with it, I would leave it as is, especially as it might fall over again (and I don't mean you will even be on it, bikes do tip over for one reason or another when parked). Considering the price you paid, I personally wouldn't bother, but I mentioned it just in case it was gnawing at you, LOL

Old 01-30-2009, 01:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune
I know we're thread jacking a little, but like I wrote before, and now you seem to be much more comfortable with it, I would leave it as is, especially as it might fall over again (and I don't mean you will even be on it, bikes do tip over for one reason or another when parked). Considering the price you paid, I personally wouldn't bother, but I mentioned it just in case it was gnawing at you, LOL
o ok thx lol. sry for being off topic ^_^

Old 01-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #28

How's it Coming with the new bike Therealworld?

Last year I saw this same bike at a hooters here in STL around oct or so.

Its is a nice looking and well put together bike. Not quite hondaish but damn near. It sound pretty neat too. I love the sound of a ptwin.

Get it outta that box and get us some pics!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #29

I have had a few question on this bike, so if you want a detailed look, there are some excellent pictures at. http://scooterdepot.us/250cc-Deluxe-...451.html#pTab2

They have it also but it is more expensive.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #30

how much was the bike with shipping?