Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2019, 03:55 PM   #31

@ Boiler Devil

I'm not sure what model 125 you bought , is it a Grom size , like the Venom Vader, or is it a "full size" 125 , i know Venom sells a roadrace style 125 thats more or less a full size bike.

I own a 2018/19 Gen 2 Vader 125 from Venom Motorsports that is extensively modified so maybe i can help you more once i know what style/ type of bike we are talking about. As far as the commute talking about is, one thing i would definitely plan on doing ( and hurray, it's cheap and simple ) is swapping to a 17 tooth front sprocket ,it will really help on the top end speed as well as keep the revs down and also makes the extremely short first gear actually usable.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boiler_Devil View Post
Hey Duders,
I'm planning on getting this bike in the next week, just ordered off of Venommotorsportsusa and was curious since, this is the most recent thread for this bike, what immediate suggestions would any of you have for it? Initially, I'm getting into bikes is because I can no longer afford car insurance and the PMZ125-1 was eventually what I decided on. I need the transportation for a 30 minute commute to and from school and occasionally an hour commute to Atlanta (if I were to take the highway). I would have bought something more typical like a Honda Shadow 250 but alas I can only REALLY afford a scooter/moped at the moment. So I'm curious to know if you guys think this will really be the best bang for my buck? I'm not really a modder but I'm experienced and have plenty of help to be open to it, however I'm also curious about how long you think the lifespan is with just the stock parts or even if its worth using as my daily rider via stock parts? I already understand this is a little over my head (thanks to the redditors) but you all are very knowledgeable about this particular bike, so whaddya think?
Will it be safe for a good year just keeping maintenance on the stock parts? Or should I really consider some modifications if I want this for my daily long-term commuter?
The Icebear Fuerza (Daix PMZ125-1) is a pretty well built bike. I never had any problems with mine.

On that note, I don't think you'll want to take it on the highway though. Even with a 17T sprocket with upgraded carb and exhaust, the speed maxed out around 65 mph in 4th.

For lifespan, these bikes (grom clones) all use pit bike engines. They are pretty durable for the most part. If you do modify, keep it to upgrading the parts to more reliable/durable parts. These bikes are pretty simple so there's not much complexity that gets in the way. But keep in mind... wear and tear on these engines are not unlike wear and tear on car engines and other bikes. If you keep driving around at redline, you'll see more wear and tear than someone who just rides around the neighborhood. So depending on what speed you'll be cruising at (like on highway plan for 65-70 mph cruising), you'll want to be able to go 10-20 mph more than that for top speed. You're not going to want to sit at 9000+ rpm for extended periods of time riding around

I'd personally keep the insurance on the car. You're commuting to school and back. When weather goes bad, last thing you want is to be on a bike. Go with the car and then worry about the bike.

I got rid of mine because I don't ride anywhere near what I thought I would. Since I don't stunt/wheelie/etc, I never go on group rides with the Grom guys. Not to mention that they all live a bit of a distance away so I'd have to hop on the highway.

You may want to consider saving up and getting a used CBR250 or CBR300. Max speed will be closer to 90-100 mph and is a full size bike.

The KPR200 is a good option. Lifan makes pretty good bikes. You can also look at what CSC and SSR have in terms of bikes as well.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:32 AM   #33

Is this the second exhaust option you were talking about? WLFPCK? Looking for Vader options.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-S....c100047.m2108

Old 07-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #34

@skenne43 - Yes, that exhaust will fit the Vader .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-25-2019, 12:15 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlfpck View Post
The Icebear Fuerza (Daix PMZ125-1) is a pretty well built bike. I never had any problems with mine.

On that note, I don't think you'll want to take it on the highway though. Even with a 17T sprocket with upgraded carb and exhaust, the speed maxed out around 65 mph in 4th.

For lifespan, these bikes (grom clones) all use pit bike engines. They are pretty durable for the most part. If you do modify, keep it to upgrading the parts to more reliable/durable parts. These bikes are pretty simple so there's not much complexity that gets in the way. But keep in mind... wear and tear on these engines are not unlike wear and tear on car engines and other bikes. If you keep driving around at redline, you'll see more wear and tear than someone who just rides around the neighborhood. So depending on what speed you'll be cruising at (like on highway plan for 65-70 mph cruising), you'll want to be able to go 10-20 mph more than that for top speed. You're not going to want to sit at 9000+ rpm for extended periods of time riding around

I'd personally keep the insurance on the car. You're commuting to school and back. When weather goes bad, last thing you want is to be on a bike. Go with the car and then worry about the bike.

I got rid of mine because I don't ride anywhere near what I thought I would. Since I don't stunt/wheelie/etc, I never go on group rides with the Grom guys. Not to mention that they all live a bit of a distance away so I'd have to hop on the highway.

You may want to consider saving up and getting a used CBR250 or CBR300. Max speed will be closer to 90-100 mph and is a full size bike.

The KPR200 is a good option. Lifan makes pretty good bikes. You can also look at what CSC and SSR have in terms of bikes as well.
Sooo you got rid of the chinese clone because you dont stunt and didnt want to ride with grom guys but your sig shows you sold that and bought a 2020 Grom? Whats the real story boss, what issues did you have with the icebear?

Old 01-02-2020, 05:13 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMonk View Post
Sooo you got rid of the chinese clone because you dont stunt and didnt want to ride with grom guys but your sig shows you sold that and bought a 2020 Grom? Whats the real story boss, what issues did you have with the icebear?
No issues with the Icebear. In fact the person I sold it to owns a used bike dealership. I don't sell grom clones and there's enough evidence on the facebook groups to show that the Icebears are better quality. The guy that started the whole ZS190cc swap has an Icebear. Several others have the Icebear Lil Monster (SSR Razkull clone).

At the time that I sold it, I was no longer riding around as much as I thought I would be. I was busy with work, wedding, etc. Lots of travel time for work and so forth.

Once I got married, we decided to sell my townhouse because the townhouse was too small and then we of course had to get the house in selling order. Then moved completely across the city. Once the move was done and things settled down... I started to want another bike for tinkering. Start modding cars to over double the factory power and it gets expensive. The bike gave me something to build and mess with.

So at the time... I was looking at a bigger bike like the CB300R, R3, Duke 390... Had the wife sold on the CB300R till the sales guy mentioned top speed into the triple digits. After that, she pretty much told me I'm allowed a Grom, a z125, a TNT135, or any other mini. Someone close to us was in a horrible bike wreck around this time.

Seeing that I built a Grom clone already and wanted something with fuel injection... I decided not to get a Grom Clone. Can I install an EFI kit? Yes... but that's a LOT more work than just having the bike come with FI.

The other deciding factor is that for the cost of a ZS190cc, I can grab a 186cc bore kit (and save a little. Kit is $550). For the ZS190cc... I'd have to get the engine ($650) and the EFI kit that's sold on facebook is around $400 I believe. At that point... I'm at $1050 for the 190 and EFI. Then take in the time to install the EFI kit on top of the ZS190... A lot easier to do the Grom and do a 186cc bore kit from DHMotoring.

Other things... The Grom plastics are definitely better quality than the Booms, Icebears, Taotao bikes. No need to swap by just buying the Grom.

There's fork kits for the Grom suspension by Ohlins, Racing bros, etc. With the Grom clones, you'd have to swap the Grom forks in.

So... taking out all the minis that don't have FI... left us with the z125, Grom, Benelli TNT135, and Kymco Spade. I considered the TNT135... but the aftermarket support and dealership network just are high enough yet. I have very little time already so I want this to be as easy as possible. This knocked out the Kymco Spade as well. The Kymco Spade was actually my favorite out of the whole group... But... I don't have to only have 1 or 2 options for an exhaust. I don't want to not have aftermarket support. Etc. etc. So that lead to the z125 versus the Grom. The Kawasaki dealership didn't want to negotiate. The Honda dealership had a HUGE sale. So ended up with the Grom.

TL,DR:

I didn't switch because I wanted a Grom. I switched because I sold my bike... then wanted another bike... planned on getting a full size bike...wife vetoed it due to top speed...looked at all the minis with fuel injection...wanted one with good aftermarket so I can mod and tinker...chose the Grom due to the HUGE sale the dealership had.

Could have very well ended up with the z125 instead.

Old 01-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #37

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
Confusion of models

For some time I was unable to find out what the different model are
Hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200102_152406.jpg (83.6 KB, 417 views)

Old 07-10-2023, 04:44 AM   #38

icebear fuerza first 300

for being my first bike all around it not bad personally i enjoy it i have been looking into big boar kits because the swap atm the moment is to high but i had some down sides to it like i said first bike/scooter so learning it clutch and shift at first was rough but i got a hang pretty quick but doin a overall inspection of thing i noticed that both mounting bolts snapped at the nut. i dont know of anything i could have done to cause that i haven't even tried to learn how to rally have fun with it and i was wounding what type of replacement bolt should i use because if the oem broke so quick i feel now's the time to upgrade that . plus one it says should change the gear oil after the first 300 i bought the oil and supplies but i cant find the drain and fill plug for the gear oil