Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #1

200gy powermax pit/dirt bike issues

hey guys.. new to the site hoping i can find some answers here on these china bikes...

I have a 200gy powermax ( zongshan?) dirtbike... that seems to have a kickstart issue... sometimes it starts first kick.. others i kick it and there is no resistance... also it seems like the kickstart and gear shifter are so how connected because when the loose kickstarts isnt in the right position.. it locks me in the current gear and i cant gear up.... its hell trying to find parts... so ive bought a complete 150gy parts bike with blown engine.. so i can use some of those parts.....

Any suggestions to what is the issue.. and also anyone that knows a place that stocks replacement and performance parts for this bike..that would be greatly appreciated..since no local shops will service this bike...

Cheers
Leines

Old 08-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #2

Need some pics of your bike/engine. I think that some bikes use the transmission/clutch too start the engine.

Allen

Old 08-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

http://www.powermax-motorsport.com/d...-cr-200cc.html

There are some pics on that site... ill go out and take some others tomorrow in the day light.... if its a honda clone like someone said it may very well be.. does that mean some honda performance parts may also fit??

Cheers

Old 08-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #4

Looks like a honda style. Yes and no to the performance parts.

These engines are based on older tech. Most off the cb125 style engine. If you need internal shifter or kick starter parts that may be the place to look.

Allen

Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM   #5

Ill take some better pictures now so that i can be sure those pictures are the exact same as the model i have... is there also a chinese part supplier for these bikes.. or do most of the people on this site just replace their chinese bikes with japanese parts to make them of better quality??

Im also looking for some new plastics since mine are broken.. i have a good set of red/white.... but id really like either some KTM orange or Yellow/black or Yellow/white... any idea where to get those???

Off i go outside to snap some pics...

Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #6

Those photos aren't terribly clear, but it doesn't look like a Honda based on the left side cover. Anybody else?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #7

weldangrind..... i got some very clear pictures of the bike uploading right now.... so it might be easier to figure out... i also took one of where the exhaust connects..so maybe i can find a new one...

Pictures to follow im just on slow internet out on the farm..

Old 08-25-2009, 12:06 PM   #8

Powermax 200gy-2

Hope This Helps Guys.... Any other pics i can take lemme know...

Old 08-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #9

Yep, typical honda based china bike engine. Yours is a pushrod model.

It will probably just as easy to get a honda part to use.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:57 PM   #10

so your advice is to start with honda cb125 parts to try and find a fit??? any idea on those plastic replacements??

Old 08-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #11

I'm not certain that the CB125 is your best bet, but here's a fiche to get you started: http://www.cmsnl.com/honda-cb125s-82...206/partslist/

You can easily search for other bikes on that site and see if something looks like a closer fit.

Not sure about plastics, but you might have a local CB dealer that carries parts. Failing that, start looking on eBay. If you want to go the high dollar route, there's always Acerbis.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #12

You are best to take it apart first and find the problem. Then try and match up the parts. The cb125 may work or one from another similar honda.

Allen

Old 08-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #13

I was reading on this site of another person matching up an exhaust from a cbr 150, and it looks like i have access to parts for that model.... Are most of these china bikes made with a similar design... on the surface they all look very very similar... but i believe is was a lifan that the thread was on... but the pictures of the bike are very very similar to this bike... all these brands... im starting to think they are all made in the same factory... or from the same design???

Cheers

Old 08-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #14

That wasn't a match, it was luck. As well, the exhaust pipe you speak of took some slight modification to make it work. The bike that pipe was intended for is twenty years newer than the design of your engine.

There are several prevailing theories out there, but the bottom line is that the Chinese make motorcycles and engines in several factories. They seem to share designs, so there is considerable crossover between what we perceive as different brands. Also, a major Chinese manufacturer will brand one bike with several different name options, depending upon who's buying them. They'll create a Leines Super Number One Dirt Bike for you if you pay them enough and buy a container full.

Honda seems to be the most copied brand, although I've seen some Yamahas and Suzukis as well.

As katoranger says, you're best to take the right side cover off first, and then work at matching parts.

Old 08-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #15

The worse part about the whole chinese bike thing... is that the companies ( in my case powermax) dont even stock parts etc for their bikes.... If there was an excess of replacement parts direct from the dealers or even some sort of transparency as to what the real make of the bikes are... maybe they wouldnt get a bad rep.... all i get is people trashing the bike...mostly cause you cant find parts to fix them....

During my Oil Change ill pull that cover off and see whats going on in there......

like i said before im not that great with engines etc.. but my roommate is better... so im hoping i can learn a bit while we do this stuff...

is the problem with the exhaust the mounting to the motor part..or more about putting it in the frame and mounting the muffler??

Thanks for all the help guys....