Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2021, 09:07 AM   #1

Exhaust gasket for Bull 200

Does anybody know the exact dimensions of the exhaust gasket that goes on a Bull 200 GY6,probably any of the GY6 engines?I'm seeing alot of 30mm outside diameter x 24.5mm inside diameter ones listed.Reason I'm wanting to know is I want to take my exhaust off and paint it first with some high temp primer,then a couple of coats of high temp black paint.Starting to rust pretty bad and I'm scared it's going to rust thru before I do anything about it plus I'm not one for loud mufflers anymore.I used to uncap the header on my GS550E Suzuki back in the day and terrorize the neighborhood after a few cold ones but have since outgrown that urge,lol.Neighbors are probably thankful too that I have outgrown that urge also.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:09 AM   #2

I can buy 10 of those 30mm OD ones on Amazon for $6 with free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/XLJOY-Exhaust...1KTLGVT8&psc=1
Or I can get 10 copper ones for less than $5 with free shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/Flameer-Motor...7HP5NWQ6&psc=1

Old 07-03-2021, 09:18 AM   #3

I might can just take the exhaust pipe off and be able to use the one on there but I would like to have one on hand in case it does break on removal.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:25 AM   #4

I'm seeing these that are 32mm diameter:https://www.amazon.com/JRL-EXHAUST-C..._t3_B07PWB7WY7

Old 07-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #5

Take the pipe off and measure the OD of the pipe flange, and then order the correct size. Most times, the gasket stays in the head when you remove the pipe.

Old 07-04-2021, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbkr188 View Post
Take the pipe off and measure the OD of the pipe flange, and then order the correct size. Most times, the gasket stays in the head when you remove the pipe.
I haven't got my high temperature primer or high temperature paint yet,Amazon has a good price on the primer and the paint and was wanting to order a gasket too before I took it all apart.I hate to take it apart just to measure then have it leak until I get my order.It appears to be a crush gasket so it's probably going to leak once you take it apart.Some people are probably dumb enough to just keep tightening it to try to get it to stop leaking when they should have put a new gasket in there.I'm just going to go ahead and order the paint along with a 30mm OD gasket.