Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2017, 08:53 PM   #1

So I installed the 16T sprocket and it makes a HUGE difference. I highly recommend it. Not sure I would go to 17T. I have not maxed out the RPMs yet so I don't know what the max speed is.

BTW, I think installing the new sprocket will NOT affect your speedometer because our speed sensor is in the front wheel. If it was in the transmission, then I can see that, but our speedometer should still work fine.

I bought this rear wheel lift from Harbor Freight for $26 (after 20% off) and it's great.

https://www.harborfreight.com/motorc...and-65620.html

I have to admit, putting the chain back on and making sure it had enough slack and that both sides were equal distance was challenging.

I measured the distance from the center of the bolt to the end of the swingarm on both sides to make sure they matched. I also measured the center bolt of the wheel shaft to the center bolt that is near sprocket.

I went ahead and ordered a chain alignment tool just in case. for less than $10 on amazon, you can't go wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/ABN-Alignment...alignment+tool

One mishap that I encountered was when I was putting the cover back over the sprocket, I somehow stripped the threads that held the top bolt so now my cover is only being held on by one bolt. I don't think it will go anywhere.

Here are some youtube videos for reference: