Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2020, 12:49 AM   #1

Apollo RXF 150 Review - orionpowersports

I just got this Apollo RXF Freeride 150 about a week ago. (its actually a 140cc and has 17/14 wheels). Its my 2nd Chinese pitbike, I had a BMS Pro 125 before this one.

Orion Power Sports:

Ordered the green but got the red. It was my "2nd choice" which is required when ordering thru them. Bollocks.

It came "Pro Prepped" meaning they did the break in period, oil change, and misc adjustments. The bike showed up with a little damage, fender was tweaked, rubber chain guide was broken and the throttle assembly was snapped. I noted it on the delivery paperwork, called Orion right away and they immediately told me my problem was with the shipping company and not them. I filed the damage with XPO Logistics and claim is pending.

The bike fires right up, even without the choke, and stays running. Theres a little hesitation in high RPMs 3rd and 4th gear. I figure the carb needs some adjustment or outright replacement for a Mikuni. I swapped the air filter box for a Uni 2 stage foam. Still need to adjust the rear shock for my weight (front has no adjustment). Its not the fastest thing but top speed does seem faster than my 125. First and second gear doesnt pull like I wish it would, maybe ill play with the tooth count on the rear sprocket and see what happens.

For the money (around $2100) I would expect a few better components. The wheels are steel, the levers arent folding, and the pipe doesnt have a spark arrestor.

If I were doing it again probably opt for a YCF Bigey 150 for near the same price. Or maybe a 14/12 Piranha 140.

For now I think Ill swap the carb, maybe get a different pipe and hope I can grab some green plastics for it in the near future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 9.45.57 PM.jpg (20.8 KB, 1491 views)

Old 07-17-2020, 10:58 AM   #2

Also there was no owners manual for the bike. Called Orion and they said they dont provide one.

Since its a new model, Im gonna start a thread for the RXF so any owners can share info on parts and know how.

Old 08-31-2020, 05:48 PM   #3

Apollo RXF 200 (190cc)

Anybody have a clue what oil filter works on these bikes? The dealers want you to take the bike in so they can charge you to change the oil. It seems as though oil filters for the Zongshen 190cc engines are the same but I'm trying to get away from the "hecho en China" thing for something as critical as an oil filter. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-31-2020, 08:05 PM   #4

Theyre all china oil fitlers. Places here just up charge 100% on a .20 cent oil filter.

I just bulk buy off ebay.

Old 09-01-2020, 10:05 AM   #5

Wow that’s pricey!

Old 08-24-2022, 03:54 PM   #6

I also bought an Apollo 150 RFZ Freeride

I'm looking for information about which carburetor works best, I like to "tinker" with my toys.

If anyone has experience with a carb that works well with this model please share the link (ebay or amazon)...

Also, If there's a youtube video that details the replacement process I'd greatly appreciate that too.

Thanks guys.