Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2018, 07:25 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChondaChondaChonda View Post
I will take the big bore kit! PM your mates contact info; I work near SLC so maybe I can just pick it up or meet him somewhere.
Hi I seem to have 3 people for the 1 kit................
FEAR not cause I am thinking I will discount a kit from China and send to people and hopefully everyone is happy.
Is your mate Chad H on a facebook group by any chance?
Plaes PM me and I will work out a plan so everyone is happy

Old 07-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #47

Yeah- I think all 3 of us are the same person. -Sorta CHad H asked about it for me on FB.

We were over 10,000 ft on a killer climb to see this view (below) and the bike could sure use the extra power up here!

So he talked me into buying the big bore right there on the mountainside! If we can work out the pickup/etc/.

Name:  Lakes above Alta.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  59.4 KB

PM on the way.
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 07-16-2018, 07:37 PM   #48

Quote:
Yeah- I think all 3 of us are the same person. -Sorta CHad H asked about it for me. We were over 10,000 ft on a killer climb to see this view and the bike could sure use the extra power up here! So he talked me into it right there on the mountainside!

Attachment 13651

PM on the way.
Ok please hold off a day? Let me talk to the other guy from that FB group as he is in New Jersey and he would send it from SLC to there and I might as well send a new kit from China to him and eat a little bit of the costs to keep the sale afloat etc.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:38 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Ok please hold off a day? Let me talk to the other guy from that FB group as he is in New Jersey and he would send it from SLC to there and I might as well send a new kit from China to him and eat a little bit of the costs to keep the sale afloat etc.

OK, but time is of the essence. We have a big trip coming up- I didn't want to order it from China and worry about it getting here in time.

When Chad mentioned you had one here locally I was all in.

1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 07-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #50

Quote:
OK, but time is of the essence. We have a big trip coming up- I didn't want to order it from China and worry about it getting here in time.

When Chad mentioned you had one here locally I was all in.

Sweet no issues

Guys it is around 5 days or so from China and that is not slow..............
Just so you all know my price service etc is the best and nearly the cheapest compared to if you spend loads of time hunting around n dealing with a Chinese agents but then its like a month

Old 07-20-2018, 09:24 PM   #51

ChChCh,

NzB sends a kit with everything you might need to get your 300 up and running other than oil and Loctite. You'll need red and blue Loctite, and you might want to make sure to use a cheap dyno oil for motorcycles (wet clutch friendly) for break in.

Be careful choosing oil. Stopped by a Walmart looking for my favorite chain lube a few days ago. Saw a teenager picking up store branded synthetic. For cars. Seems he has been through 3 clutches in his 4-wheeler. He rebuilds, uses SG dino for break in, switches to the same brand synthetic, and the clutch goes out. Again. He is trying motorcycle synthetic this time. Hope it works.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:36 PM   #52

As long as it is Jaso MA rated he will be fine. I've run Valvoline 4T synthetic from Walmart in my bikes for years.
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 07-21-2018, 12:10 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
You'll need red and blue Loctite...
What did you used the blue Loctite for?

Juanro

Old 07-21-2018, 08:22 PM   #54

Oil filter Oil filter Oil filters - On special from Utah!

3 filters and an O ring/Sump plug kit $25 shipped to the lower 48 states
4 oil filters and O ring sumpl plu kit $31.25
6 oil filter + 1 extra oil filter (7 oil filters total) plus a fre small strainer filter and O ring/Sump plug kit $49.95

He will accept paypal and ship to you (He is an Englsih tyeacher converting his Chinese money with me )

Email me and I will put us in contact.
I have a small amount of stock ( 25 filters only) this is a wee test run to see if they sell nice and help me find new customers etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Filter.jpg (92.5 KB, 341 views)

Old 07-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanro View Post
What did you used the blue Loctite for?

Juanro
Brakes. Brake upgrades are the most important part of engine mods.

Old 07-22-2018, 04:32 AM   #56

Quote:
Brakes. Brake upgrades are the most important part of engine mods.
trouble finding or getting a few discs made - my Chinese top and I mean top mechanic is sourcing 1 from his Malasian supplier and I hope to see something end of next week.
My AIm is a 300-320mm rotor maybe stock caliper but CNC bracket or 4 piston caliper and direct push mater cyliner
NO ONE in China wants to make 5 - 10 discs only 50 - 400 pieces and I don't think the market is that big.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:08 AM   #57

Quote:
trouble finding or getting a few discs made - my Chinese top and I mean top mechanic is sourcing 1 from his Malasian supplier and I hope to see something end of next week.
My AIm is a 300-320mm rotor maybe stock caliper but CNC bracket or 4 piston caliper and direct push mater cyliner
NO ONE in China wants to make 5 - 10 discs only 50 - 400 pieces and I don't think the market is that big.
I have the software to draw anything I can dream up short of drilling around curves. I have access to a CNC tool and die shop, one that makes the tools used in automotive production to manufacture parts to ZERO tolerance. Such parts have to be stored a minimum amount of time at a specific temperature before measuring or the specs will be all out of whack. They also make tools and dies for most every commercial engine manufacturer in the U. S. of A. Go to the dentist, you will not see the company's name on the dental tools and machines, but rest assured in most of the world the tools and machines with which you are ground upon were more than likely created on machinery hand built in the shop I make my odd parts. Finest in the world. About the only finished products coming out of this shop are fulfilling a very old government contract--witness blocks. Witness blocks are used to test the terminal characteristics of things like warheads and ammunition, say, guided missiles from your typical tank or rocket launcher. Interesting products to watch in service, especially if you get to analyze the outcomes.

I made rotors and caliper mounts for my homebuilt airplane. No, nobody wants to make just a few rotors. Though rotors look like flat steel with a few holes machined, the tolerances are substantially more critical than most, so the hassles are exceedingly greater. Also, rotors must be made of an alloy that exhibits some modicum of corrosion resistance or they become quite jerky quite quickly and wear rapidly. Rotors must also be able to dissipate heat extremely well. Rotors must also resist degradation from rapid temperature changes, say, from riding in a 70mph breeze at freezing temps down a mountain road to glowing red hot from trying to stop before hitting a bear, then sprayed with icy water only kept from freezing solid by its motion. Missed the bear, though. Remember, if ever there is a bear in the road, aim for its butt because if the bear moves that will be the first place it vacates most of the time.

The tight clearances are difficult to machine on alloys tough enough to be brake rotors. Not a picnic.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:51 AM   #58

Quote:
I have the software to draw anything I can dream up short of drilling around curves. I have access to a CNC tool and die shop, one that makes the tools used in automotive production to manufacture parts to ZERO tolerance. Such parts have to be stored a minimum amount of time at a specific temperature before measuring or the specs will be all out of whack. They also make tools and dies for most every commercial engine manufacturer in the U. S. of A. Go to the dentist, you will not see the company's name on the dental tools and machines, but rest assured in most of the world the tools and machines with which you are ground upon were more than likely created on machinery hand built in the shop I make my odd parts. Finest in the world. About the only finished products coming out of this shop are fulfilling a very old government contract--witness blocks. Witness blocks are used to test the terminal characteristics of things like warheads and ammunition, say, guided missiles from your typical tank or rocket launcher. Interesting products to watch in service, especially if you get to analyze the outcomes.

I made rotors and caliper mounts for my homebuilt airplane. No, nobody wants to make just a few rotors. Though rotors look like flat steel with a few holes machined, the tolerances are substantially more critical than most, so the hassles are exceedingly greater. Also, rotors must be made of an alloy that exhibits some modicum of corrosion resistance or they become quite jerky quite quickly and wear rapidly. Rotors must also be able to dissipate heat extremely well. Rotors must also resist degradation from rapid temperature changes, say, from riding in a 70mph breeze at freezing temps down a mountain road to glowing red hot from trying to stop before hitting a bear, then sprayed with icy water only kept from freezing solid by its motion. Missed the bear, though. Remember, if ever there is a bear in the road, aim for its butt because if the bear moves that will be the first place it vacates most of the time.

The tight clearances are difficult to machine on alloys tough enough to be brake rotors. Not a picnic.

I might need you to draw up and design the bracket! Hopefully I will get a suitable rotor made in Malaysia or something then eithr stock caliper n copper pads or the 4 piston caliper etc.

Old 07-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #59

Quote:
I might need you to draw up and design the bracket! Hopefully I will get a suitable rotor made in Malaysia or something then eithr stock caliper n copper pads or the 4 piston caliper etc.
The tool and die shop belongs to my sister's husband. I can use CAD/CAM to make my own things, but our understanding is that for liability reasons any client's work must go through the shop's offices, engineers, draftsmen, and billing procedures. Unfortunately I am not permitted by company insurance to do design work for clients because I am not an employee of the company. U. S. of A. has way too many lawyers all looking for someone from whom to confiscate wealth. Therefore, such limitations are necessary to protect business owners' retirement plans.

Old 07-24-2018, 10:13 PM   #60

Quote:
The tool and die shop belongs to my sister's husband. I can use CAD/CAM to make my own things, but our understanding is that for liability reasons any client's work must go through the shop's offices, engineers, draftsmen, and billing procedures. Unfortunately I am not permitted by company insurance to do design work for clients because I am not an employee of the company. U. S. of A. has way too many lawyers all looking for someone from whom to confiscate wealth. Therefore, such limitations are necessary to protect business owners' retirement plans.
Just a drawing then get it made in Chinatown lol.
But thanks for the explanation etc.