Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2021, 05:58 PM   #1

Buyer beware

I bought the tbr7 through Amazon.
Do not buy from same seller . Better off going with other options(tx power sport, q9, etc.

The seller was listed as "Smart Deals Now"

First impression should have scared me off from purchase from them.
I had been following here on the forum for a (short) while, and decided on the Tbr7.
I had known the 2021 model was out since sep 2020, but when I asked the. Amazon seller, they told me 2021 model was not released yet.
202 model was not a deal breaker, so I went ahead and purchased.
Bike arrived in about 10 days. Not TOO bad. Box/metal crate has some damage, as to be expected from others reviews.

Bit all the accessories and hardware that should have been inside a box in the crate was missing.
(Handle bar clamps, gear shift, brake pedal, battery, turn signals, cargo rack, lower skid plate)

I tried to call seller while delivery driver waited, but there answering service said the office was closed for 3 weeks, because they had covid outbreak in the office.(that turned out to be a lie) Amazon customer service told me.to accept.the delivery anyway, and give seller 3 days to return my call.

The next day seller calls and says we'll I accepted the delivery and now it's my problem.

Now amazon is telling me not to worry, I'll get compensated, but I just want my bike.

Old 02-20-2021, 06:12 PM   #2

I think Amazon will sort things out for you. There were issues like this when this site was new, and several years after, but slowly, the shady operations closed down, only to be replaced by bigger, sometimes shady operations, like TXPowersports (in reality they are hit or miss, unless you live in Texas and can purchase directly from them as a brick and mortar operation customer) and others who have dropped the ball for some members (eg. Q9). But, using Amazon was a good move on your part and they will sort things out for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-22-2021, 08:38 AM   #3

Make sure you give them 1 star on the review. Could also file a claim or dispute with your credit card issuer too.

Old 02-22-2021, 09:07 AM   #4

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hopefully Amazon will make things right for you. I originally wanted to purchase a TBR7 myself. I choose the Brozz as a wanted a dealer to reach out to like Peace Sport if I ran into issues.
I had a similar incident as yours with an electric motorcycle I purchased on Ebay. I refused the bike on delivery due to damages. Paypal did nothing. I contacted my CC and filed a dispute. Company wanted to charge me a restocking fee for refusing delivery. I had to write several letters, attaching pictures, text conversations and make many phone calls. I didn’t give up and finally won. But it took several months. Lots of fine print in those purchasing contracts. Keep all records and hopefully you took lots of pics.

Good Luck!
2022 GPX FSE 450R

Old 02-22-2021, 09:11 PM   #5

I bought from them years ago, a moped. They were ok at the time, sent me a warranty battery when mine was DOA, did take a few weeks though.

I hope you can get it sorted out.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:35 PM   #6

I had a positive experience after buying a bike through them. They gave me the same response with the covid office outbreak after trying to contact them. I sent them an email and they responded within a few minutes with a response.

Old 02-23-2021, 08:20 AM   #7

I think you will be OK with Amazon...I feel they will be sure you have a satisfactory outcome.
I had a similar bad experience when I bought the Roketa 250 scooter....(from one of the TX dealers)....took me a year to get that straightened out and before I could ride it.....

I was glad this time around,..I researched plenty and went with PeaceSports....no dissapointments at all.
2019 Brozz 250