Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Pics?
Let me know what you want to see, right now I have several pics of how sad the bike looks after sitting in the Texas sun for several years

If you want a pics and discripsions of any of my 'mods', I will gladly post up on those*

*How I got rid of the crappy Glass Fuse(s) and installed ATC/ATO Fuse(s) in its place
*How I upgraded to my "Super Secret" Denso Coil on Plug and Iridium Spark Plug
*How I upgraded the "running/daylight headlight" to a lower watt but 4 times as bright LED
*How I fixed the Horn/Other Wiring Issues
*How I removed the "Emissions Crap"
*How I installed a Tachometer and set the Idle Speed on the stock "Keihin" Carb
*How I "magically fixed" a sulfated and dead battery by installing a "Battery Tender and Wires"
*How I use Casium to "compress" pictures without the loss of quality
*How I use Batch Purifier to remove any hidden "meta/GPS data" off of cell phone pics

List goes on and on, just let me know what to post pics of and I will when I find the time... I don't have any "online photo storage" places so I try to post up relevant pics (web service/storing GB of data on forums gets spendy quick )

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-03-2016, 10:19 PM   #17

How you : Jumped the snake river canyon? no wait , spud or somebody already tried that.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 04-04-2016, 11:54 AM   #18

Checked all the stamps/stickers on the motorcycle and it was:

'Manufactured and assembled' by 'Chongqing Astronautic Bashan' in 2013, so it has only been collecting Texas scratches, sun rays, and dust for 2 - 3 or so years

Heading out to pick up more Wire Connectors (spade and bullet) so I can finish cleaning up a few wiring issues on the bike... another big "Thank you" goes out to 360PowerSports for a wonderful "Ready to ride floor model"... ever heard of making sure all the Pins and Connectors are Straight and not touching other live wires?!? I don't think they have considering I already found and had to fix several, they also never heard of "Dielectric grease"

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 04-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
they also never heard of "Dielectric grease"
Not surprising. Wait till you see the stock oil and fork fluid.....

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 04-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Not surprising. Wait till you see the stock oil and fork fluid.....
Already seen and changed those minutes after I signed for the bike Engine/Transmission Oil was clear and flowed like water, smelled horrible too (worse than 75w90 Gear Oil)... Fork and Shock Oil was almost as black as used diesel oil... extremely gross looking and smelling ...

Again... the motorcycle they shipped me was one of their "Ready To Ride, 100% Assembled by Professionals" model ... I've seen better and more professional workmanship from "sweatshops" that only employ 4 year olds

Old 04-06-2016, 12:31 PM   #21

While waiting for some 2.8mm connectors to be delivered today to see if I fixed the "Won't shut off" problem... I got bored really quick and decided to order a Mikuni (clone) Carburetor for $30 and also one of those all metal intakes to attach everything a little more safely to the engine both should be here around the 12th according to the pre-order estimates

Pic is of the stock spark plug with a Denso C.O.P. Ignition just after my initial 18km ride to see how everything runs, it looks 'decent' on the stock carb tune but I'm still used to having (more) adjustments on my carbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4554.jpg (82.2 KB, 359 views)

Old 04-06-2016, 07:12 PM   #22

Amazon and UPS to the rescue!

2.8mm Spade Connectors to fix the 2 wires on my Ignition Switch.

Here's a few links for anyone needing to fix some of your wire harness issues (I measure the Male connectors Width to find out I needed these)

2.8mm Female Connector*

http://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-a120910...dp/B00ACD9SQ2/

*I ordered the ones shipped and sold from Amazon, they are 100% compatible with my stock Ignition Switch Wire Harness, they lock in place and everything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4556.jpg (82.5 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4558.jpg (76.2 KB, 487 views)

Old 04-07-2016, 12:30 PM   #23

A few more things fixed today

Got the rear brake switch re-wired that also has a properly routed and the right form of insulation from the heat from the exhaust, I used 'Self Fusing Tape' for this task, can handle temps upwards of 500+ degrees depending on the brand you get

I also routed the battery tender wired the best way I could... has easy access right under the brake/tail light plastic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN4559.jpg (57.7 KB, 734 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN4561.jpg (85.8 KB, 327 views)

Old 04-11-2016, 10:30 PM   #24

Can someone point me in the right direction to what everything does on the Mikuni VM26 Clone? I got the VM26 carb installed on the bike and I see half a dozen screws that look like they might do some kind of adjustment and I don't want to mess anything up.

Need to know where the Idle Speed, Air, etc. adjustments are

I would also need some pics with circles/pointing/descriptions preferably, I learn better with pictures/visuals over just words

Old 04-12-2016, 01:11 AM   #25

There are only two adjustment screws. Flip that carb over, and you'll see the idle screw. The screw on the underside near the outlet is the pilot mixture screw. The bowl has a small relief to accommodate it.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-12-2016, 01:09 PM   #26

Perfect info! Thanks for the help Weld! So simple, no need for pics this time

Got the mixture screw set to 1.5 turns (in between the 2 "extremes" where the engine changes). Idle is set to "just about right" (I removed and haven't re-installed the tachometer, just went by ear).

Engine pulls all the way through the rev range now , no flat spots, no hesitation, just roars all the way to the top! Best $30 I have spent in a while.

Have to wait for an actual 'ride report', I installed a 39t rear sprocket today and still haven't had the chance to cut 4 links off the chain ... I might put the stock 56t back on just to get a test ride in... as I lost/misplaced my old chain cutter... and if I remember right , it wasn't even big enough for a Motorcycle chain anyways... I bought it for a few Mountain Bikes I was fixing up several years back

If my maths is correct, a 17t front and 39t rear sprocket should give me an acceptable cruise speed/rpm range, with a 'theoretical max speed' of 95+/- mph... I just hope the little 200cc engine has enough 'Ooomph' to pull that 'tall' of gearing at my altitude

Old 04-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #27

It runs better with your p26 carb? Mine isn't running rough but I have a p27 on my old 200 been thinking about switching it's adjustable.
Poop happens

Old 04-12-2016, 02:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee47512 View Post
It runs better with your VM26 carb? Mine isn't running rough but I have a p27 on my old 200 been thinking about switching it's adjustable.
I still haven't had the chance to ride the bike (swapped rear sprocket, chain is toooo long still), but the engine sounds/runs MUCH better with the new carb, a twist of the throttle and the bike will actually rev out now! It turned it into a new machine!

Before with the stock carb it would take it's time, cough, sputter, hesitate, maybe stop to have a smoke break to think if it really wanted to do what I asked... only then would slowly make it's way up the rev range... it never liked anything over 3/4 throttle and full throttle would sometimes fall on it's face but it would always slow you down in the long run

I will have to pull apart the stock 'K' branded carb* to see why the bike ran the way it did, but even at my altitude (about 6k feet) the motorcycle didn't run right at all, had 'no power' (compared to the VM26 clone) at any throttle/rpm position and would bog out at several spots above 1/2, 3/4, and Full throttle... I was able to get it to start/idle/ride right away cold without choke... that was about the only 'good thing' about the stock carb.

*I would have to cut the stock carb open (one of those "sealed screw" carbs) to find out why it was running crappy even at my high altitude, but I doubt I will actually spend the time on it with the way it's running on the Mikuni clone

I still need to play a bit more with the 'Mikuni VM26' (clone) to get similar "cold start up" results (I'm almost there), but I may need to play with the jetting or the exhaust to get the final results I'm looking for, either way it will be fun getting this bike running 'just right' for the Mrs.

I will say the VM26 I received is jetted almost perfectly for the 197cc engine and my current modifications... the problem I had was it had the 2 adjustment screws almost fully closed from the factory (Thanks again Weld for helping me find the right screws to turn ). I'm guessing it came with the standard 100/20 jetting setup but I won't know until I take it apart for inspection

The place I ordered it from doesn't have any stock currently (link of seller below), but they ship from the USA and it was only $29.95 delivered. I can and will personally recommend this seller to any China bike family member

http://www.ebay.com/usr/motopartssuperstore

I forgot to check on what sized jets it came with, but I figured most people who buy bigger jets are

1) at lower elevations than I am
2) also jetting for the 229cc engine, not the smaller 197cc engine

sooooo I just slapped it on and started adjusting (when I knew how to on these carbs)

Old 04-13-2016, 10:13 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
(Thanks again Weld for helping me find the right screws to turn ).

I forgot to check on what sized jets it came with, but I figured most people who buy bigger jets are

1) at lower elevations than I am
2) also jetting for the 229cc engine, not the smaller 197cc engine
You're welcome.

The third option is that others with 200cc bikes (like me) might have performed intake and muffler mods to make the engine breathe better. More air needs more fuel.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-13-2016, 04:13 PM   #30

Forgot to mention, the Rear Sprocket is the standard "JTR269" found on most Chinese/Honda Clone Motorcycles

Stopped by Home Depot, Harbor Freight, and Costco today to pic up random motorcycle things...

"Ring Cotter" Pins picked up from Home Depot (search for "Ring Cotter" or "Ring Cotter Pins" to see if your local store caries them, cost under 80 cents each), these things are sweeeeet! Use them to keep your axle nuts from backing out (they don't apply for my BS200GY-9, got them for the KLR650), they are strong, re-usable, and extremely easy to use... no more futsin with those regular Cotter Pins that always rust in place, take 20 minutes, and several new curse words to remove

Stopped by the always China Bike friendly, Harbor Freight and picked up a "Heavy Duty" Chain Breaker. It ended up needing 4 links removed from the chain to get it to 'fit' around the 39t rear sprocket Still haven't gone for a ride yet as I have a few things to put back on and tighten still before I go for a cruise.

Costco had 3 gallon pack of 15w40 Delo ISOSYN for a decent price after 'instant coupon' so I decided to pick up a pack while I was in town.

Can't wait to see how the bike cruises with the new JTR269.39 sprocket and VM26 carburetor, should be a fun time