Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2022, 07:19 PM   #1

Super Moto?

Probably pissing in the wind with this, but are there any of the china super motos being sold still by chance that anyone may know of? I know of the Apollo DB36 Deluxe 250 and the Bashan Motomax 250, but they're pretty much gone from every seller, and they all sold pretty quick. I already have planned to get the Templar X 250 and get sumo wheels and tires for it, just wanting to see if they do, or if they will start selling them again.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:24 PM   #2

CSC TT250, can add Super wheels and tires upon ordering. It's expensive for sure, but they are solid parts (Billet hubs, heavy spokes, several colors, etc...), if its your thing, its worth the cost.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
CSC TT250, can add Super wheels and tires upon ordering. It's expensive for sure, but they are solid parts (Billet hubs, heavy spokes, several colors, etc...), if its your thing, its worth the cost.

Ah yeah, that is true. Just always been my type of bike to ride. Started on a From and loved it, rode with some sumo riders then later on bought a tbr7, which was stolen last year. But I adapted to liking that sumo style from the street feel of the Grom and the dual sport /dirt bike comfort and ease of off-road use, both with those together is perfect for me, so I want o get that Templar and find me a clean sumo wheel and tire set.

Old 03-27-2022, 02:32 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExMxer View Post
I've seen one of the TT250s in person at CSC's shop and it looked really nice with the wheels and tires. Orion showed a RXB250L with a supermoto option that you could order directly, but seemed to have taken it off their site. I could have sworn I saw that just the other day. So, now it appears that you have to order the wheels and/or tires separately, BUT their RXB250 bikes are sold out. Perhaps they would fit the Templar or the Titan? However, with shipping, $900 (I think the TT250 option is in the same price range but it might be a few hundred dollars less). https://www.orionpowersports.com/17-...-rxb-250-250l/

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-27-2022, 05:53 PM   #5

Gpx pitster pro had a super moto 250

Old 03-28-2022, 10:07 AM   #6

The Ninja 250 wheels are cheap on ebay, wasn’t too hard to get them to work.

http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....2&postcount=30

Old 04-02-2022, 12:51 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDude View Post
The Ninja 250 wheels are cheap on ebay, wasn’t too hard to get them to work.

http://www.chinariders.net/showpost....2&postcount=30
Man, that doesn't look bad. Did you have to change the rear sprocket as well or do anything else different to get them to fit?

Old 04-02-2022, 10:48 AM   #8

Custom 428 sprocket to keep the swip swap painless.
Here is most of the info for the build.

https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=22773#7

Old 04-02-2022, 05:15 PM   #9

Have you guys ever seen these for sale stateside? They have the zongshen 249CC engines and the components seem decent but can't find any of them for sale here in the states

https://ibb.co/cgtRqKv

Old 04-02-2022, 06:15 PM   #10

Well, the Zongshen Sierra or LZX200GY-2 was often marketed as a "super moto", by virtue of its street-oriented suspension and tire setup. But it is a quite poor man's/wishful thinking version of it.

Old 04-02-2022, 09:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDiesel View Post
Have you guys ever seen these for sale stateside? They have the zongshen 249CC engines and the components seem decent but can't find any of them for sale here in the states

Sane engine as the x-pro Templar?

Old 04-02-2022, 11:04 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
Sane engine as the x-pro Templar?
Yeah the Zongshen 249cc with 18HP. If my hawk doesn't arrive I may just grab one of these suckers.

Old 04-03-2022, 02:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDiesel View Post

Damn, I have never seen that before, thing looks hot. Website on this?

Old 04-03-2022, 10:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
I've seen one of the TT250s in person at CSC's shop and it looked really nice with the wheels and tires. Orion showed a RXB250L with a supermoto option that you could order directly, but seemed to have taken it off their site. I could have sworn I saw that just the other day. So, now it appears that you have to order the wheels and/or tires separately, BUT their RXB250 bikes are sold out. Perhaps they would fit the Templar or the Titan? However, with shipping, $900 (I think the TT250 option is in the same price range but it might be a few hundred dollars less). https://www.orionpowersports.com/17-...-rxb-250-250l/
The RXB 250 as we know it now, will be something different come mid April. They are announcing something to take it’s place at that time, and I don’t know too much about it. Something is supposed to be big, possibly 300cc? What I do know is the bike will have the same OEM, and it will be all black plastics. So, best to look at the Nicot site, and wander through their products page to get an idea what Orion is up to. Btw, new bikes won’t hit our shores till roughly June……. So, if last year was an indicator, you should have your new bike from them by October.

Old 04-04-2022, 03:06 AM   #15

For those of you that can read Croatian (I can't, but I actually bothered translating the article paragraph by paragraph, just to see what they had to say), here is an interesting piece of history: a review of the Zongshen Sierra (or ZS/LZX 200GY-2) by Croatian magazine "Moto Puls" n.75, back in 2007 (PDF link). It's worth a glance just for the unusual sight of a Sierra being used in a Super Moto setting.

The title says it all "Supermoto na nogama customa", roughly translated as "A supermoto on the feet of a custom", which is a pretty accurate description of the good old Sierra

Quote:
The strange Chinese supermoto is one of the first motorcycles from that part of the world that tries to offer its customers a somewhat sporty atmosphere at the usual good price. The fuel-efficient and agile ZS 200GY-2 easily exceeded our expectations, but its overall driving characteristics will impress only less demanding drivers. Those more demanding will never forgive him for standing in the wrong line when God gave supermoto motorcycles 17-inch wheels and infernally powerful brakes.
Hey, who knows. Maybe Chinese Super Motos have come a long way since then ;-)