Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 01:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
I run about 25psi in the rear; the front around 28. I would like to run much lower pressures but I'm afraid of turning a tube and ripping a valve stem. I suppose rim locks and better quality tubes would alleviate this.
I understand about the tubes. I have new ones but figured I would use the stock ones until they fail. Hopefully it won't hurt to bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
I'm no experienced dirt rider either. This is my first motorcycle; before this I was strictly an ATV rider. There is a lot more planning and skill involved when trail riding on 2 wheels and I have much to learn. Couple that with 'questionable' tires and it was hair-raising to say the least.

For my next 'serious' off-road outing:

- new chain
- new tires
- rim locks and quality tubes
- practice!
I used to ride alot off road as a kid. The last 25 years or so have I owned only street bikes. My GY is all new to me as well. I have alot to learn too. Your trip definately sounds like it was a good time. I've only seen two other dual sports in the area and wasn't able to talk to either. I'll find someone some day to ride with without having to travel too far. I plan on replacing pretty much everything you listed as well. One day. I got back to school for two kids coming up in 30 days. :(