Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2007, 01:25 PM   #1

Hidden Hills, Ohio

Super Secret Area in the Middle of Akron, Ohio ( not really secret but it is hidden)

This is an undeveloped area in the idustrial area of Akron. I met up with several riders on a break and they told me that there is about 100 acres. Police will run you out during the week using Quads. On Sunday it is relatively un-patrolled, especially in the winter. It was about 35 degrees and after a full day of rain I expected and found pretty wet conditions. There were really muddy areas and some areas on the higher spots were dry. There was a cool stream crossing ( 8 inches deep and 40 feet wide). I didn't ride hard because there were others out there on quads and MX bikes and I did not know the trails The puddles looked really bad but most were really shallow and only 5-8in deep. I splashed quite a few...

Here are the pictures...

There are some monster steep hills here... This is looking down into a gully. Just to the left is a late model burned out truck... Have no idea how it could of ever got there...

Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #2

Hey Blimpman
How are ya? I'm just wondering is that place called Honda Hills? I have heard about it from a friend that lived in Akron most of his life, he's now in Tallmadge. It looks like what he was explaining to me...not sure though. He was telling me that {Honda Hills } was closed down by the Akron Police. One reason was because of the truck you found back there, to much of that was happening at Honda Hills. Hey just be careful! Looks like a good place to ride.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #3

Send a message via Yahoo to RPM
That looks like a lot of fun!
Actually looks a lot like the lightning trails that you find in these parts of MS. Yeah, you still come across a still every now and then, don't need to worry unless someone starts firing at you! Don't ask me how I know!

Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 AM   #4

I don't know if there was also a Honda Hills near Akron, but there used to be Honda Hills motocross and trails park about 35 miles east of Columbus.

It closed down 1 or 2 years ago (but by the owner's choice and not by the police), which was a sad thing to see because there was a lot of history around that facility. They held national events there back in the 60's and it was one of the oldest MX tracks in Ohio.
'02 Kawasaki KX125

Old 01-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #5

Hi John22j
Ya I remember when they closed down that track...that was a shame. I heard a lot about it when I was younger as I did The Smith Rd. track. I'm about 10-15 minutes from Ohio International Race track in Ravenna, Oh. The place in Aron as Kelly told me about was just a place to ride that I think the locals called it Honda Hills because of the area and if I'm not mistaken there is a Honda Dealer close to the area. Trying to remember but not positive about it being a Honda Dealer??? Kelly told me the police put their foot down last year {2006} because of all the stolen & burnt cars & trucks back there. You know the crud that gets all riding areas closed down.

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 01-08-2007, 11:31 AM   #6

Bruce, I am sure we are talking about the same area.

Could have been Honda Hills... maybe I didn't hear the guy too well. Both of our bikes were running. I only saw two cars in the whole area in that condition. They had been there quite awhile... This kind of action always ruins riding areas. There have been riding there for a long time based on the age of the trails.