Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2018, 09:37 PM   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
Juanro, thanks for the tooth counts. Nothing unusual about two gears having the same number of teeth, it takes both gears in a pair to determine the ratio.

Yes, titanium is lighter. Less stress on rockers and springs, more RPM without valve float. Possible to run more radical cam without upgrading springs, which can lead to accelerated wear of the head and cam.

NzB, that is not a TW200 copycat, the tires are way small. 130/80-18 front and 180/80-14 rear are OEM on TWs. But, if there was a XT200, that would be it.
Copy = exactly the same
Copycat being very much like it.
That Zongshen is a copy of the TW200 motor at least and there was/is a 250cc version for that motor being big bore and a stroked crank in the road version of a bike sold in China around the same are as this ZS200GY-2
I bought some Yamaha small parts as I could not get parts from Zongshen when I rebuilt that motor. (From a 150cc I think it was)

Old 07-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Copy = exactly the same
That Zongshen is a copy of the TW200 motor at least and there was/is a 250cc version for that motor being big bore and a stroked crank in the road version of a bike sold in China around the same are as this ZS200GY-2
I bought some Yamaha small parts as I could not get parts from Zongshen when I rebuilt that motor. (From a 150cc I think it was)
http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6051

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #258

Quote:
Copy = exactly the same
I've used Japanese parts on Chinese copies before. Those are pretty close copies. I've used Chinese parts on Japanese brands, too. Sometimes those were the only ways to get people riding again. Sometimes Chinese do not copy Japanese, the Japanese brands are actually made in China. It is a world economy.

That Chinese 200 is a XT copy until it gets fat tires.

Old 07-03-2018, 11:53 PM   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
I've used Japanese parts on Chinese copies before. Those are pretty close copies. I've used Chinese parts on Japanese brands, too. Sometimes those were the only ways to get people riding again. Sometimes Chinese do not copy Japanese, the Japanese brands are actually made in China. It is a world economy.

That Chinese 200 is a XT copy until it gets fat tires.
The export stuff to my understanding had to be licensed so they had to pay royalties to the original manufacturer.
Either way that old Zong isn't all great or all bad - fun round town bike

Old 07-04-2018, 09:26 AM   #260

Quote:
The export stuff to my understanding had to be licensed so they had to pay royalties to the original manufacturer.
Either way that old Zong isn't all great or all bad - fun round town bike
Royalties is how it was supposed to work. Lots of stealing going on both ways, though. Lots of mix ups with all types of merchandise. It is the way most businesses really are, dishonest as can be. Businesses exist for the sole purpose of making money, and honesty and character are measured by bottom lines.

The 200 Zong and the Yamaha engine family that inspired it are excellent choices for folks who want simple upkeep and a long lasting engine. These are the daily rider types, they will get you anywhere, just be patient. These are the only engines ever ridden to the North Pole and all the way across Antarctica. Ever. Easy to understand why such engines are popular where parts are not convenient to get. Lots going for them.

The NC250 is a different concept, lots more complicated, but twice the peak power. Apples and oranges compared to the 200cc family. With the 300cc kit and the rest stock the NC250 makes a nearly identical power band to my 276cc TWs. Lots cheaper and lots easier to go the NC250 route to get that power.

Hmmmm? Thought just crossed my mind--Will a NC250 fit in a TW frame? With a 300 kit and upgraded suspension and brakes it would be a back road cruising tank.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:48 AM   #261

NC300 power chart from Zongshen

Here is the info based on a test motor with various Carbs (NO EFI DATA)
The data is vague as it isn't using the same intake or exhaust as the RX3 and the original power rating on these engines varies as stated in document (Due to different exhausts and intakes I assume)

But you can see there is the torque and some power gain in the data so you know you are getting a real life improvement etc.

I have NO more data on altitude air pressure, fuel used or anything more then this.
take the data free to use at your own discretion - I warranty nothing listed below apart from I translated it best I could
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NC300English-page-001.jpg (75.4 KB, 525 views)
File Type: jpg NC300English-page-002.jpg (100.3 KB, 572 views)
File Type: jpg NC300English-page-003.jpg (89.8 KB, 524 views)

Old 07-06-2018, 01:52 AM   #262

I wanna offer everyone a nice deal on these - please visit my parts for sale page and chat? what you wanna pay (Don't be an ass etc)
My mate is going to Utah and he is taking 2 300 kits with him, I am thinking should I send him with 25 or 50 or 100 filters and he collects and posts from Utah? Seems flat rate boxes are cheap enough? if I make a buck or 3 per filter I will be happy and hope you chaps get a tidy deal as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Filter.jpg (92.5 KB, 514 views)

Old 07-09-2018, 01:16 PM   #263

300cc kit installed, broken in, back to top quality synthetic oil so the clutch and trans work like they should and all is quieter echoing off the aluminum skid plate. Finally got around to all the billet guards, LED headlight bulb (cop in need of glass belly button wrote ticket for dual MIL spec LED 4x6 rectangulars, now have to go to court and make a fool of the boy with a badge and a gun not yet old enough to buy his own bullets or beer), 19-inch front wheel with CSC's front disc upgrade (not as good as NzB's), fans quit working but jiggling wires might have fixed problem (wire jiggling seems a common electrical cure for this bike), ..., ..., ... . Rolled over 10,000 miles yesterday. Always seems like too much to do on this bike.

Anywho, 300 does not wind has high on down hills as 250, but gets there a lot faster. EFI is assume. First bike I've ever had that can be idling in 6th, nail the throttle wide open, and engine is capable of pulling from idle to 80mph (8500rpm) smooth as can be. Well, if the relatively light flywheel can keep the driveline from bouncing around in it's play zone. Hit a power stroke timed with driveline slop and the 300 can toss you right off the back. Kind of a rough ride until speed picks up, or idling up a slight hill to keep the driveline loaded, but the EFI does a great job with air/fuel mixture from idle until the valves float.

Roads I used to ride in 4th and 5th I now ride in 6th without downshifting, same actual speed. Engine will hold 5mph (8kmh) more on rolling hills than before. For instance, WFO down the parkway used to be actual 70mph uphills now 75mph. Old downhill speed 80mph, now 78mph. As 250, 8mph surge in speed up and down hills, as 300 only 3mph surge in speed up and down same hills. 6th pulls well on slower roads down to about 30mph, then the driveline slop starts acting up sometimes, so I down shift at 30.

So, from 15mph to 30mph you can choose from any of all 6 gears. I think the ratios are a bit tight. 1st is way to high to just idle along without throttle, aiming for the cottonmouths' heads. Have to ride the clutch. So far no problems with the clutch, but I'll be looking for something along the lines of Barnett and stiffer springs when the time comes.

Anywho, still running the OEM chain and sprockets, worn almost to the end of adjustment. New 14 and 46 sprockets and 112 links of quality ringed chain sitting on the shop counter. Just ordered a pair of Kenda K671 tires, tubes, and strips. These tires are 6ply rated, available in same sizes as OEM, supposed to be a sport cruiser style with good mileage. Hopefully they will last a bit longer than the Kenda now on the back, which wore quicker than the OEM tire. The new chain and sprockets will go on when the new tire arrives.

Off to find a fresh batch of chain lube.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #264

Thumbs Up

So I was able to pick up 300kit yesterday from NZBRAKELATHE and had it installed before I went to bed last night. (I sold my LXR so this kit is in my GPX Moto FSE250R)

A few pics:

Name:  IMG_0471.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0469.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  91.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0520.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  91.2 KB

Thanks again.

I'm going to post a quick pictorial on the best / easiest way to install these after seeing a few people struggle with getting these installed. I'll link it up when I get it done.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=21779
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Last edited by ChondaChondaChonda; 07-18-2018 at 09:35 PM. Reason: add link

Old 07-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #265

Yeah, Huck... I never imagined I'd be buying a new bike- especially another NC250 based bike.

Life!
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250

Old 07-20-2018, 09:14 PM   #266

The only problem I had installing NzB's 300 kit was getting to the engine--way too much useless junk that serves no apparent functional purpose in the way. Once the engine was exposed careful attention to how things were originally put together allowed reassembling the top end quick and easy. Little things NzB includes other don't, like O-rings, filters, and exhaust washer, make the purchase an easy 1 shot deal, other than needing 2 kinds of Loctite.

Have fun with your 300. it's a different bike.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:27 PM   #267

RTC 300cc kit on its way, after major engine rebuild caused by a failed balancer shaft bearing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp Image 2018-07-23 at 17.39.54.jpg (20.3 KB, 406 views)

Old 07-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #268

Some more pics

Old 07-24-2018, 03:14 AM   #269

This kit was ordered last Wednesday
Arrived on the Monday in NJ USA
Not to slow even tho I had a 1 day delay with a minor issue with the shipping company measuring the box wrong and charging me extra
Had to stop the order n get them to check if they had the correct package!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9F675F6A-9D0E-4C41-AE8E-D5DB013DDCAF.jpg (18.8 KB, 385 views)

Old 07-24-2018, 09:47 PM   #270

NzB, your service is consistently awesome. You deserve the respect you've earned as a supplier for our bikes.