Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2014, 10:40 PM   #466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomapper View Post
I used a text recognition tool and converted to readable text then ran it through a translation tool. Result is not pretty, but you can get some usable text from it.
Might be useful, might be worthy of the trash....
http://1drv.ms/1sO0qe5
Thank you, MM. We can certainly gain some good information from that translation.

Browsing the text I have confirmed the following information.

Oil Capacity is 1.3 liters
Recommended oil is SAE 5W/40

Spark Plug: Champion RG6YC / NGK CPR8E
Spark Plug Gap: 0.6-0.7mm

First Oil Change: 300 kms
Subsequent Oil Changes: Every 3,000 kms

Headlamp Bulb: HS1
Fuse: 20 A

Brake Fluid: DOT 4, DOT 3

Et cetera.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomapper View Post
I used a text recognition tool and converted to readable text then ran it through a translation tool. Result is not pretty, but you can get some usable text from it.
Might be useful, might be worthy of the trash....
http://1drv.ms/1sO0qe5
Motomapper,

Can you please use your text recognition tool to convert the NC250 Engine Parts Manual to readable text? The parts manual is located at the following link.

http://svitmoto.com/GEON%20engine%20250%20(4V).pdf

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-02-2014, 02:26 AM   #468

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
The first order of business on this bike will be the use of a fair amount of blue Locktite.
Agreed. Just because it's a really nice bike, doesn't mean they remembered the Loctite. I'd hate to lose the fancy bits on a logging road.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-02-2014, 02:28 AM   #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I understand your point. However, the same thread indicates the engine has been continually refined since 2008. This engine originally had a carburetor, and has been installed in a large number of motorcycles over the last 5-6 years. I haven't heard any bad reports on this engine, in fact it seems to perform very well, and is very reliable. I am also comforted by the 10,000 km ride taken by the Russians, and the 15,000 km ride taken by the Silk Road Rider.
Very true. When I made my comments, I also wasn't thinking about recracer's bike. In any case, if it was available in Canada at a decent price, I'd sell a few bikes to get one.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 AM   #470

Quote:

That exhaust header looks like stainless, and the lower motor mount welding is superb.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:33 AM   #471

Quote:
Also, if the rear wheel is enlarged, enlarging the front wheel preserves the bike's geometry.
That may be true, but I'd be grateful for some measurements to be certain. The sidewall on that 15" tire looks really tall, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the OD is similar to a 4.10-18. When you take delivery, perhaps you could compare the OD with the rear wheel of your Sierra.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:34 AM   #472

Quote:
I see the ramp, but I don't see any mechanism which will disengage the ramp at higher rpms. Neither do I see such a provision on either roller rocker. Indeed, both roller rockers seem to be identical.

I also see a slot on the underside of the camshaft, which makes me suspect this cam utilizes a decompression system similar to that of my Honda CRF250X.
I believe you're right.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:36 AM   #473

Quote:
I haven't seen any detailed photographs of the shock absorber...yet. Apparently the spring preload for the shock is set in 5 distinct steps, which is similar to the system employed by the shock in the Kawaskai KLR650.

I've been think the same thing about upgrading the forks on my ZS200GY-2 with the RX3 forks. The RX3 forks appear to have the same external dimensions as the stock, Chinese forks, and would probably fit the standard Chinese triple tree. Therefore, you don't need to mess with the bike's ignition, fork lock, or instrumentation to perform the conversion.

However, the lower fork guards for the RX3 forks aren't designed for a dirt bike. If they have the same dimensions, I think the ZS150GY-10 forks would have the same travel, and be a better candidate for such a conversion. Also, one probably has to convert to the front wheel designed for the forks, and the 21-inch front wheel of the ZS150GY-10 is a much better choice for a dirt bike.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...79&ns=1#detail

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...91&ns=1#detail

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...43&ns=1#detail
Excellent points. A fork that is intended for off-road fork protectors and a conventional fender would be better.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:38 AM   #474

Quote:
I agree; except, I am going to use red locktite.

I've never lost a fastener that was secured with blue Loctite, but I have certainly said bad words when trying to remove fasteners secured with red Loctite. It's only blue for me.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:40 AM   #475

Quote:
This thread also reports the fuel tank has a reserve. However, the Minsk bike at that time had a carburetor. I don't think you can implement a reserve tank with an EFI fuel pump, can you?
Not likely, hence the fuel gauge.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:44 AM   #476

Quote:
Here are some more Minsk TRX 300i photos I found surfing the web.

That's a cool shot. I like the orange handguards on the bike on the far right. The header on the same bike looks to be rusted, which is too bad. I thought they were stainless.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 AM   #477

Quote:
Here's a rear view of two RX3s, one with the panniers removed. The LED tail light looks good.

Removing the panniers changes the look entirely! It looks very slim and sporty.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:46 AM   #478

Quote:
Does anybody here read Russian, or know someone who does? Here is a link to the Minsk TRX 300i Owner's Manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6b6t0imo4l8zmmt/trx300.pdf

If someone can get this manual translated to English, we can learn a lot more about this motorcycle.
Or, we could ask our good friends at CSC to get us an English version.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:47 AM   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
Spud, i am so glad your on board with us on this venture !! We are gonna have to get new shirts....Phil is smiling........................
Well said, Fish.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:49 AM   #480

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10 View Post
i have mine as well.The one phil sent with the zong i purchased from him.I also have a second shirt i purchased ,,,,,when i received an unannounced package with a note ,instructing me to distribute to all the zong owners here the shirts inside. My apologies Phil,,i didnt do it ,,,,I charged a fee for all of them ,,,,an sent it to your wife. !!!
And I gladly paid. I still have my shirt as well. So does Doc.