Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2015, 12:48 AM   #4546

Overheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriansk8 View Post
Hello! goodnight from Colombia .

I would like to comment a little the situation presented to me at the time , and really do not know how common it can be and if this is normal operation.

about 15 days ago , usually several times when traffic is very dense and little progress has raised the temperature gauge to the fullest, I saw this bike turn off the switch of right handlebar control , and waited 3 stripes down again to start up again .

just today there was too much traffic, after walking a little over half an hour and stopping at a traffic light has once again raised the temperature gauge to the top.

I would like to know your comments on the matter and if this is normal.

Thanks Riders!
Check to see that both fans are working. I have had fans on other bikes quit because rocks or dirt clods were in the way.
Let us know when you find the problem and what the cure was.

Dan

Old 11-11-2015, 03:06 AM   #4547

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
1st question: Check recent Blog entries. Do the research.
2nd question: More than 15 bikes in 30 days on a special, limited time offer.

Thank you
You are the one who made the statement regarding a 15 bike limit. I don't have to do your research for you.

We have a friendly atmosphere on these forums, and we are going to maintain it. You admit your parents didn't teach you good manners. However, you will be polite to everyone here, especially to the moderators, or you will leave, either voluntarily, or involuntarily. Take your pick.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #4548

Indeed! Spud already has an RX3, and he is enjoying it. He doesn't need to research special offers for someone else.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-11-2015, 11:26 AM   #4549

It was Oct. 21 or 22 NOT 30 days more like 20 or so days when that promo started. Local sales, show sales do not require shipping.

And hell any company has the right to change their minds on how many bikes to sell with free shipping anyways. If it did boost sales than why not keep it going making less money per bike but selling more bikes is a win. We are approaching the off season for motorcycle sales in many regions of the country.
Look how many furniture stores have going out of business sales for 20 years on end

All I know is I purchased my bike with free shipping just kidding around
And they are back logged getting bikes shipped out.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #4550

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismocycleguy View Post
keithmaine,
It appears that you also read the CSC Blog regarding the "free shipping" promotion. So I guess I'm not a liar as labeled by some! Maybe you can point it out to Spud so that he can see I wasn't being "impolite or rude".
And notice no profanity or rudeness was used in this posting!
I read the blog and also had an email sent to me, that did state the following (cut and pasted from email):

"Free shipping for 15!

Whoa, what a deal! We’ve recently changed shipping companies to bring better prices to you, and as part of that new arrangement, we can ship our next 15 RX3s for free anywhere in the lower 48! This does not include Canada, Hawaii, or Alaska, but if you are in any of the other 48 states, our next 15 motorcycles are shipping for free!

It’s for 15 bikes only, folks. I’m anticipating the length of this offer is going to be measured on a wristwatch, not a calendar, so if you want to jump in, now’s the time!

If you’re in the lower 48, and if you want an RX3, act now!"

My only point to you is that " hell any company has the right to change their minds on how many bikes to sell with free shipping anyways. If it did boost sales than why not keep it going making less money per bike but selling more bikes is a win. We are approaching the off season for motorcycle sales in many regions of the country.
Look how many furniture stores have going out of business sales for 20 years on end" as stated above. It does not mean sales are slow, I think maybe your questioning in the earlier post came across a little "troll like" not saying that is how you meant your comment. I hope you buy and enjoy one of these bikes eventually.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #4551

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
I read the blog and also had an email sent to me, that did state the following (cut and pasted from email):

"Free shipping for 15!

Whoa, what a deal! We’ve recently changed shipping companies to bring better prices to you, and as part of that new arrangement, we can ship our next 15 RX3s for free anywhere in the lower 48! This does not include Canada, Hawaii, or Alaska, but if you are in any of the other 48 states, our next 15 motorcycles are shipping for free!

It’s for 15 bikes only, folks. I’m anticipating the length of this offer is going to be measured on a wristwatch, not a calendar, so if you want to jump in, now’s the time!

If you’re in the lower 48, and if you want an RX3, act now!"

My only point to you is that " hell any company has the right to change their minds on how many bikes to sell with free shipping anyways. If it did boost sales than why not keep it going making less money per bike but selling more bikes is a win. We are approaching the off season for motorcycle sales in many regions of the country.
Look how many furniture stores have going out of business sales for 20 years on end" as stated above. It does not mean sales are slow, I think maybe your questioning in the earlier post came across a little "troll like" not saying that is how you meant your comment. I hope you buy and enjoy one of these bikes eventually.

Just to add some facts to this recent dialogue...According to CSC my friend was sale number 13 of the 15 bike promo...and he called and bought bike less than 24 hours after the 15 bike promo went live. I'm pretty sure any moto dealer in the country would be elated with 15 bikes sold in a 24 hour period during slow season and maybe because of that success they extended the free shipping promo to other people as well. Definitely the opposite of a slow down though.

Old 11-11-2015, 05:26 PM   #4552

If anything sales of the RX3 will just increase as people who are lurking on the fence decide it's not going to self destruct in 1000 miles and realize it's a reliable fully equipped bike that will get you anywhere for 3500 dollars!

Old 11-11-2015, 06:23 PM   #4553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee R View Post
If anything sales of the RX3 will just increase as people who are lurking on the fence decide it's not going to self destruct in 1000 miles and realize it's a reliable fully equipped bike that will get you anywhere for 3500 dollars!
I totally agree.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:33 PM   #4554

Especially when they find out the price is going up in 2016

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 11-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #4555

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee r View Post
if anything sales of the rx3 will just increase as people who are lurking on the fence decide it's not going to self destruct in 1000 miles and realize it's a reliable fully equipped bike that will get you anywhere for 3500 dollars!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithmaine View Post
i totally agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
especially when they find out the price is going up in 2016
x4.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 11-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #4556

I think CSC is doing fine with sales. I think the positive posts are really making folks comfortable with the durability of the bike. And quite frankly, it's easy to wrench on (well, except the exhaust valve adjustment.) For those that don't mind getting their hands greasy, it's easy to really go through the bike and learn every bit about it. I sure as heck didn't do that with my CBR, Ducati ST3, or even the Tmax. (I did do that with the Vino 125 though.) CSC wanted to be a game-changer and I think they've done it with their approach.

Now... add a TT Special, or add a RC3? My wife is not going to be happy...

Last edited by rtking; 11-12-2015 at 10:31 PM.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #4557

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post
...Now... add a TT Special, or add a RC3? My wife is not going to be happy...

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #4558

From today's CSC blog...Good sales are coming up for Black Friday on all kinds of RX3 and CSC Mustang parts and accessories. We’re not joking about that. The deals will be spectacular, so keep an eye on our website!

Jim

Old 11-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #4559

Thanks for posting the good information, Jim.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 11-13-2015, 06:13 AM   #4560

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtking View Post

Now... add a TT Special, or add a RC3? My wife is not going to be happy...
My bride to be has not said much to the idea of me doing something similar...but has told me flat out that if i get one she wants one of her own no matter what it is...mind you i did justify the idea of an RX3 or TT special as a cheap means of transportation....so that probably helped
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)