Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2018, 10:56 AM   #16

Since the black wire isn't hot with the key on, I'd be curious about where it comes from. Before we go any further, please describe the kill switch. Is it a simple on/off switch?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #17

Yes the kill switch is just an on and off switch. The black wire goes to the CDI and to the push button start switch and to the mystery connector and the lights. If Ihooked up a remote start device to the mystery connector would that complete the circuit so I would get Spark?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:19 AM   #18

Probably, but you'd also need a key fob remote to activate it. I'd sooner delete it, since it's interrupting a circuit that you could reconnect. It's just a matter of resolving the circuit path.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #19

How many wires go to the CDI? Does it have a connector that could house one more wire that is currently vacant?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #20

This may help: http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=12512&page=5
Start with post #63 and read on; this is how I removed the alarm / remote start from my bike. Maybe yours is similar.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #21

I'll get on this tomorrow and see if I can make some sense out of this. Thanks a lot Weldangrind

Old 01-26-2018, 11:07 PM   #22

I forgot the CDI has 4 wires going to it and you could add two more and yes I would like to delete any remote thanks again

Old 01-28-2018, 03:31 AM   #23

Weldangrind I read your post but didn't seem to be the same as mine so I'm wondering why I only have two wires going to my key switch which are the red one in the black one from the mystery connector the red one also goes to the fuse the black one to the lights. Don't know what to do next. Thank you

Old 01-28-2018, 06:09 PM   #24

Rocket, still checking on the wiring of my ATV to see what matches up. It's not easy as everything is tucked inside the body. I do have the remote on mine that I will be trying to remove so I'll let you know what I find out.

In the mean time, please fill out your signature as to where you are located. You may be just around the corner or close by someone that has the knowledge to help you.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Old 01-28-2018, 11:50 PM   #25

Thank youWeldangrind I live close to Detroit Lakes Minnesota

Old 02-13-2018, 01:57 AM   #26

Still can't figure out this mystery connector if anyone has an idea on how to complete that circuit I'd sure appreciate the information thanks

Old 02-13-2018, 03:46 AM   #27

is there a black and a black/white wire that connector comes from... if so, try plugging the 2 of those together

Old 02-13-2018, 03:55 AM   #28

i see yours are blue and white, sorry ... try unplugging them ... if that dont work, i would guess cdi is bad or the spark plug is bad... that plug is not needed for anything on my bike without the remote starter

Old 02-13-2018, 11:50 AM   #29

Thanks Barlow I'll try that and let you know what happens I have changed out the CDI and the spark plug

Old 02-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #30

I took my grandson's taotao apart in an effort to help Rocket with his problem and to see if the remote could be disconnected easily. Here's what I found;

The remote box is an integral part of the wiring and can't be easily removed. I have two wiring harnesses coming that I might be able to swap to cure the issue. They were cheap, less than $6 each, so I thought I would give them a try. I will post here my results.

While checking this out, I compared Rocket's plug pictures to the ones on the Taotao. There is a similar plug (female) in the main harness that has some of the same color wires but there are 5 wires instead of 4. The male connecting plug comes from the handle bar start switch. The female plug wires go to different areas with some going to the starter relay and others going to the keyed switch. This seems to be the opposite of Rocket's with his female plug going to the keyed (some like mine) but others going to the starter at the handle bar.

The plug that goes to the remote box also has some of the same colored wires which leads me to believe that Rocket's ATV is missing the remote box.

As a side note, Rocket's picture is showing this plug is in the battery "box" whereas both of my ATVs only have the battery, battery cables, and the fuse in that location.

Let me know if you want me to check anything else.
2016 Tao Tao 125D

Tags
110, atv, redcat, starter circuit relay