Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #1

PowerSportsMax Order - Meh

I purchased mine from PowersportsMax on May 10. It finally arrived June 10 - the box on one side was practically obliterated. From what I could tell everything looked ok (I was inspecting it as he was literally running me over with a pallet jack) and yes, looking back I may have refused the delivery.

I could understand the delay (assumed it was on the slow boat from China due to Covid.)

Finally got a chance to unwrap everything last night - looks like the weld holding the handle bar snapped in shipment - so that rubbed. The bottom of the metal frame holding the bike was dented and I assume that caused most of the left side damage and bent shifter. It's almost like it fell over as when I received wasn't strapped down to the pallet. Hmmm.

I expected a birth mark or two watching others YouTube videos. Looks like mine was a partial abortion. https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Iwa...JWOJHWpteIGwsw

I asked for replacement parts from PowerSportsMax and received the following...

"We are really sorry to inform you that the manufacturer warehouse was temporarily closed due to the COVID-19.We can offer $30 reimbursement for you to repair locally. We will process refund after we receive your confirmation."

LOL - that wouldn't even cover the rear molding replacement!

What would others ask for? I don't even see the parts for the TBR7 or even the bike for sale on their website anymore - I suspect they are not selling this anymore. Not sure....

So I'm letting others be aware. I'm not necessarily a fan of the way they are handling my request, but I knew this was a gamble going into it.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:59 AM   #2

Look up the actual cost on partskit and present them with the cost to replace parts. Don't forget shipping. Looks like most the parts are in stock. https://partskit.com/product/search/...nduros&vc=0593
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #3

Congrats and I'd take Jerry's advice on the parts cost.

As for the box, yours isn't too bad. The way my scooter showed up.. well, I declined to take it unless I was allowed to actually open it, as in take it out of the shipping frame.

What's funny is as badly as the shipping crate looks, I had only minor issues.. some plastic had to be snapped back into place. a few scratches and a small gash in the front tire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200522_161520.jpg (98.9 KB, 818 views)
File Type: jpg 20200522_161524.jpg (96.2 KB, 823 views)
File Type: jpg 20200522_155831.jpg (98.4 KB, 822 views)

Old 06-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #4

Wow! that's one banged up crate.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 06-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #5

Unholy crap, Joe! That crate looks like it fell off the cargo ship, got dragged along the bottom of the pacific and hauled back up with a 3mile long winch cable, which then got tangled around the crate and crushed it.

But yeah, I'd do exactly what Jerry stated. Partskit.com is a precious resource, and will give you the best and accurate pricing on what it would take to make that bike look new again. As it should have been.

My guess is (without adding it up), $100-$150 in parts.

Last edited by Deckard_Cain; 06-12-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Old 06-12-2020, 10:48 AM   #6

I would remind them that there is nothing about not being able to honor warranty anywhere in the purchase agreement because of covid19-

"Remember to inspect your shipment upon arrival. You have the right to open the box to check for damages. Minor damages like plastics and fenders for example can be replaced and will be covered under warranty. Only refuse your shipment if the damage is beyond repair. Make sure to sign the delivery receipt describing the damage and to write REFUSED DUE TO SHIPPING DAMAGE on the receipt. Contact us as soon after to report the refusal."

And I would inform them that if they don't honor their warranty I would be filing a dispute with my bank.

I agree with the others, compile a list of total price for parts to repair and send it off to them.

Old 06-12-2020, 05:04 PM   #7

What in the hell do they do to those bike crates, kick them down a staircase prior to shipment?

g.

Old 06-12-2020, 06:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post
What in the hell do they do to those bike crates, kick them down a staircase prior to shipment?

g.
Forklift driver most likely flopped it at some point in its journey. Was probably the top part of a double stacked pallet. You would be amazed at how much product damage occurs in a distribution center. Sometimes its downright scary the type of people they let pilot a forklift.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by f15sim View Post

g.
I have no idea... I've been telling people mine arrived like they had King King throw it against a corner of a building a few times. I don't think anyone believed how bad it was. This is the 1st time I've actually posted a picture of how it looked.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:53 PM   #10

It astonishes me that the seller would think shipping something in that condition is acceptable. It makes me wonder if I'm going to have problems with Q9 if/when my TBR7 arrives with "birth marks"...

tnx.

g.

Old 07-16-2021, 03:39 PM   #11

Life took over and haven't really had a chance to ride the TBR7 so it's been in storage after it got put together. Haven't even completed all the mods I ordered and replacement parts PowersportsMax sent after I disputed the purchase on the credit card. It's all still in a parts box. That was the trick to get replacement parts really, really quick! Once I said "dispute" they were on it.

Anyway, the point of this note it to inform y'all that I ordered a Grom Clone (BD-125) via Amazon and it came via PowersportsMax again. I figured I guess it was time to get the title for the TBR7 and this at the same time. Well the new guy at the desk said I needed a Bill of Sale with a signature, title and date from them (which didn't exist on the paperwork I got). So it got denied needing more information. I was prepared go the credit card dispute route again to get it done, but a simple email to them explaining that I needed a new signed bill of sale. Took about 5 days to get that via email and I just got back from the Ohio Title Office and everything got taken care of after I paid taxes on the bikes. (I had to pay it because the clerk could not confirm the sales tax rate and a call to PowersportsMax got nowhere). So I'm disputing the tax that Amazon collected through Amazon. I suspect it will get reimbursed after I show proof of payment to Ohio.

Anyway, you've just got to stay on these guys and have them honor what they say. I think they are getting better.

The clerk kept going to the supervisor to ask questions (I think he was new) and of course all the Chinglish and makes/models was throwing him for a loop. Took about 45 minutes to get it all done.

Anyway, as far as the bikes are concerned.....I tightened all the bolts and changed the engine oil in both bikes. The TBR and the clone start and run fine. The clone will be a fun bike around town, but you're not going to win any races! Maxes out at about 45/50mph for me - about the same as my old Yamaha QT50 when I was a kid! Hah!

Now off to do get the registration, plates and do some mods on both. (Just wanted to make sure I closed out this so others knew the deal.) I'm assuming the plates will be another "what the heck is this" vehicle....but I just explain they are "bikes in a box".

Stay safe kids!

Old 07-17-2021, 06:19 PM   #12

In and out on the Ohio registration side in 5 minutes with plates and registrations- no issues.
2019 Kawasaki Z-400