Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2018, 11:23 AM   #1

New CSC TT250

It's been at least a dozen years since I have ridden my last street bike, a Honda 250 Nighthawk (wish I'd never sold it!) and longer yet since my Husky was out. I just picked up my CSC TT250 last week and have just ridden a few miles.

I needed to crank up the shock preload and couldn't believe I had to pull the rear wheel to remove the airbox to get at the adjuster. A hat tip to 2LZ for the "trash can mod" idea. The new K&N style air filter doesn't seem to make any additional intake noise and with the side panel off the preload adjustment is now easy to make.

Despite my chagrin at having to half-dismantle the bike to crank up the preload I was impressed with all the fit and finish. All of the fasteners were perfect and the threads all were fine.

One thing that did surprise me was the combination of the rather tall seat height and the wide seat. Both of my Huskys are tall but have a narrow and rounded seat. The tall and wide TT250 seat is a bit more challenging to mount without standing on the pegs, but I'm going to wait a bit more before I decide on either lowering this seat or buying the CSC/Seat Concepts seat. (You don't think my lack of riding for 10 years and my increasing age are relevant do you, LOL)

I had a near mishap yesterday with a failure that I have never heard of before in over 50 years of motorcycle riding. I got on the bike after some shopping and kicked up the sidestand, went to take off and nearly crashed in the parking lot (yeah I know that sounds like a total newby, but wait) when the sidestand had redeployed itself. When I tried to get off the bike the stand collapsed and I nearly went down again.

Extricating myself I looked on the ground and there was the sidestand spring. I had either caught it with my boot or it had never been seated in the groove on one end. I didn't have the tool kit with me (THAT won't happen again) but managed to find a scrap bit of wire in the parking lot and tied the stand in the up position for the short ride home. I have installed a couple of c-clips on the outside of the spring grooves now, and I noticed that one end of the spring seems to have a shorter bent end than the other.

Anyone else ever hear of the sidestand spring falling off? I can't imagine what it would have caught on my boot to cause this...