Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2008, 01:30 PM   #16

Send a message via Yahoo to DDG1976
I'm buying one of those exact bikes in Jan. 09 so I can ride with my son, my LF200gy-5 is a street runner now, I don't think it would survive trail rides any way, Keep us posted on how you like the bike. I plan to purchase from these guys, I've done as much background work as I can, they are a member of the Better Business Bureau in California. They have had one complaint (2007) and it turned out to be a mix-up with shipping that was quickly resolved.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...oducts_id/1003

Old 11-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #17

no... but i weigh 100kg's so that probably helps. jokes aside... the wind reaches such high speeds here sometimes that it can slow ur bike down by like 15 to 20km/h !!!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:17 PM   #18

i havent seen one before but by the pictures it looks the same as the apollo that i sell and my guess is the same just diffrent marketing and they seem to be excellent bikes so i think you will be pleased and welcome aboard
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 11-25-2008, 03:59 AM   #19

The bike has changed a bit since the pics. it now has Tusk Bar Raisers & custom stickers on it. I also changed the rear sprocket from a 54 tooth to a 48 tooth (haven't decided which one is better yet??)

I took off the safety start thingy... was getting a bit sick & tired of having to hold the front brake every time i wanted to start/kickstart the bike! Changed the in-line fuel filter as well (stock one is a piece of crap & was leaking fuel). the stock air filter got scrapped & replaced with a unipod. All the chinese brake fluid got flushed & replaced with Caltex Dot 3. All bolts got torqued & plenty of red locktite.

The kickstart & gear lever had to be adjusted on their splines coz they were on very awkward settings when I got the bike. Spark arrestor got removed too. Front brake line had to be re-routed, as it kept rubbing on the front tyre everytime i braked. Still want to replace the front fork oil with Yamalube.

The bike is still pretty new so I'm still busy running in the motor. Anyone changed the sprockets on one of these bikes?

WJ

Old 11-25-2008, 06:34 AM   #20

Here are some updated pics :