Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #31

Could have just been temporary fuel starvation. I like when things fix themselves.

If you want to dig, I would just remove fuel line from carb and check for good flow. If spitting check tank vent and filter.

Old 10-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #32

"Was this only because the fuel Ran out the carb? "

Yeah man, if you run one completely dry, it can take a bit for the fuel flow to catch up and fill the carb bowl and until it does it may run funky, it might also have got some air bubbles in the fuel line / fuel filter that take a bit to get out.

It should be fine once the fuel bowl refills and the air gets thru the lines. If not then

running it compeletly dry might have allowed it to suck some trash up and you might need to take the carb bowl / carb off and clean it out then blow it out with some compressed air.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 12-09-2019, 12:08 PM   #33

Hellcat Sprocket

What’s up guys 👋🏽
I’m new here to the forum and to motorcycles. I recently Bought the hellcat and I have done a couple of upgrades to it. So far I’ve changed the muffler, k&n air filter, the carb with a 120 jet. I notice a big improvement since I did those things.
I’m now able to do 52 mph (gps). I’m trying to get to the 60 to 65 mph range. Now my question for you guys is...
Which sprocket should I use on the front to give me a little more top speed? 16t or 17t? And do you guys now if the chain is a 420 or 428?
Any link to the sprocket you guys used would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Old 12-09-2019, 01:13 PM   #34

I used a 17T, 428, 17mm with the stock chain and rear sprocket.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:16 PM   #35

Grin

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your fast response.
I’m gonna go ahead and order one right now.

Old 12-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #36

For those or you on a budget but want to have a better running Hellcat. Simply change the main jet to a 90, and shim the needle to improve the midrange. I wanted to keep mine stock and this is a great way to maximize the stock bike.

Motocheeze on YouTube made these suggestions and they work great. Total cost $9. And my bike is way smoother. Also after I drilled out the brass "dont tamper" plug I found my carb tuning from the factory was insanely lean, the mixture screw was only 1/4 turn out, and I ended up with it at a little over 1 turn out. Heres the video, scroll to the end for the carb tuning. Best $9 I have spent.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #37

I have 2 Hellcats. Used 90 and 92 mains just because was what came in kit, drilled plugs, adjusted mixtures, and didn't change needles because lazy.

Agreed what a wake up using the stock carb/airbox setup.

Now one was shaking like crazy at >6,7k rpm. Tightening top motor mount calmed it down.

Old 12-24-2019, 11:18 AM   #38

Added 1 shim to needle. Much easier cold starting.

Old 12-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #39

Hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyC View Post
For those or you on a budget but want to have a better running Hellcat. Simply change the main jet to a 90, and shim the needle to improve the midrange. I wanted to keep mine stock and this is a great way to maximize the stock bike.

Motocheeze on YouTube made these suggestions and they work great. Total cost $9. And my bike is way smoother. Also after I drilled out the brass "dont tamper" plug I found my carb tuning from the factory was insanely lean, the mixture screw was only 1/4 turn out, and I ended up with it at a little over 1 turn out. Heres the video, scroll to the end for the carb tuning. Best $9 I have spent.

NO! Daytona 212 4v

Old 12-25-2019, 12:17 AM   #40

I personally cannot decide hellcat or vader gen 2. I can get either one for the same price on Amazon and I have Amazon gift credit so out of pocket is less than $1000.

Seems very mixed with people talking about quality on either one. Leaning on vader gen 2 because its the newer grom style and the hellcat is old school with big ugly headlight.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:33 AM   #41

Yeah, I like the Vader Gen 2 better as well. You can swap the lights though.
I had a Harley bucket headlight on mine at one point. I could see great at night but it was bulky and the wiring didn't really fit behind it.

It was bright AF

I eventually went to the Monster Eye which is not as bulky but the light pattern sucks compared to the Harley light.

The wiring is all sorted out now

Old 12-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #42

Bought the Hellcats this past April. Have about 400km on each. I'm not into modding, just want good running reliable bikes to play around on. Items/issues added or addressed.

Carburetor jetting and adjustments as said above
17T front sprocket
Bar end mirrors
Phone mounts
Shorter shift levers.
Swingarm spools.

Cracked a side plastic just from vibration, replaced and added nylon washers to all screws on plastics. Brittle stuff.

Voltage regulator mount spot welds broke. Now zip tied in place.
Changed running headlight bulbs to LED.
Replaced top engine bolts. Didn't get to lower yet.
Exhaust nuts at cylinder like to loosen after a few rides. Always inspecting.

Stator connector pins needed to be seated to make proper connection.
Kinked fuel line on tank side.
Crankcase breather blocked at airbox.
Seat cover wrinkled. Stretched and stapled.

Locktite everything.
Changed oil twice.
Chains seem uneven. Probably will replace soon.

Enjoy whatever you decide to buy. Well worth $1100. I have.

Old 12-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #43

Send a message via Yahoo to ikeus685
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMonk View Post
I personally cannot decide hellcat or vader gen 2. I can get either one for the same price on Amazon and I have Amazon gift credit so out of pocket is less than $1000.

Seems very mixed with people talking about quality on either one. Leaning on Vader gen 2 because its the newer grom style and the hellcat is old school with big ugly headlight.
My BD125/10 is still at its infancy with under 100miles on her. I am trying to get toward a more off road bias though knowing that 30-50 highway trips to be expected as normal.
Seat sucks! Better than the Honda but that elevated seat hum will drive anyone over about 5'5"" to distraction being force forward and all. Pulling the stapels and a few minuets with a carving knife., a couple minuets with a flapper wheel on the portable drill resulted in narrower seat and perhaps 1/2" lower seat height with no passenger bump.
Stuggling to get above 43 mphs and I am sure the full on knobbies rob the top end a bit.
So far I am happy with this "work in progress". The only other bikes I would have prefered would have been then Himalayan or Magician. Lookling forward to some fun rides.. Today looks good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191213_092700.jpg (96.6 KB, 1225 views)

Old 12-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikeus685 View Post
My BD125/10 is still at its infancy with under 100miles on her. I am trying to get toward a more off road bias though knowing that 30-50 highway trips to be expected as normal.
Seat sucks! Better than the Honda but that elevated seat hum will drive anyone over about 5'5"" to distraction being force forward and all. Pulling the stapels and a few minuets with a carving knife., a couple minuets with a flapper wheel on the portable drill resulted in narrower seat and perhaps 1/2" lower seat height with no passenger bump.
Stuggling to get above 43 mphs and I am sure the full on knobbies rob the top end a bit.
So far I am happy with this "work in progress". The only other bikes I would have prefered would have been then Himalayan or Magician. Lookling forward to some fun rides.. Today looks good!
That looks really good with knobbies actually! Did you do the carb mods or switch the carb yet? 43 seems... really slow should be able to run at 50 even if your a big guy like me at 240lbs just takes longer to get there than the skinny jean guys haha.

I'm still leaning on the vader gen 2, good to know about the seat as im basically 6' tall, like a two mm short so im 5'11" lol.

With my gift cred and whatnot the vader gen 2 will only run me $900 out of pocket shipped to my house. I feel like I will change the headlight eventually because I prefer LED's and I dont want to be limited to daylight hours I live in Southeast Idaho aka Boise and I feel like these are perfect bikes for tooling around town 95% of the roads are 35-40mph, just need to find a projector housing for proper LED highlight pattern.

I had to change my entire headlight closures on my Kenworth semi truck because LED's scatter really bad if you dont use a projector lense and they blind everyone without doing you any good!

I'll be ordering my bike as soon as my bestbuy refund check arrives and probably just going to order a carb at the same time as with some basic mods.

If yall can recommend me the parts im all game to learn more! I looked at Mikuni VM22 carb but im confused to which one people are actually using, the mikuni is $70 the knock offs are about $30 but they are all bigger bore like 26mm not 22mm.

Old 12-25-2019, 01:53 PM   #45

The VM22 is 26mm <----No it is not. I am wrong. The slide is on 22mm.

Last edited by scoot newb; 01-15-2020 at 08:35 PM.