Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #151

there where some big bikes there. I helped pull a kid out with his V-strom who got into a hero section uphill and pulled off in a water break and could not get back out. he was flipping out.

I had to calm him down and we pulled the bike out (Uphill backwards) (I think I did 99% of the pulling) and headed back down the hill. he wouldn't let me ride/move it for him but he was so Flipped out he was not listening to my advice. I met up with him at the gas stop later and he made it back down the rocky wet and steep hill. Everyone else just blasted by. I see it as a Karma thing so don't mind helping out.

there are pics on ADV rider in the northeast local section. (in the berkshire big bike thread.)http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755308

Old 05-23-2012, 02:16 PM   #152

Thank for posting the additional photos! You did a beautiful job restoring your bike. In my opinion, it's the best looking bike in the group!

P.S. You were wise to choose a genuine, Chinese copy for your engine. Accept no substitutes.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #153

A man's gotta know his limitations. There are places a V-Strom does not belong. Anything rougher than a dirt road would be a good guideline to start with!

Roger's KLR does OK, but he's a big guy, a good rider, and does not get freaked out if he falls and the bike gets a little scratched up.

He and I do take that KLR in some pretty rough stuff too! :P

Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #154

Thanks Spud The funny thing is the more I ride the smoother and better it runs. I am willing to bet the bike I took it out of only had a few hundred miles on it. well worth the $60.00 I have into the engine. (100 for the whole bike and I sold the rolling chassis for 40.00 )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Thank for posting the additional photos! You did a beautiful job restoring your bike. In my opinion, it's the best looking bike in the group!

P.S. You were wise to choose a genuine, Chinese copy for your engine. Accept no substitutes.

Spud