Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #1

Camper/Toyhauler Conversion

I finally sold my camper about two weeks ago. Now on to my new project. I've been wanting to do a camper/toyhauler conversation for a few years but need to sell my camper before doing so. I've literally had no one interest in the camper for a few years. All of a sudden it became a sellers market. New campers have gotten very expensive so the used market came to life. I literally had people waiting in line wanting to buy it. No haggling on prices on what I wanted for it. I made out very well on selling it. Now the hard part. Trying to find any cargo trailers over 20' long available. Due to Covid restrictions most of the factories are backed up for months. If you ordered one today it would take anywhere from 12 - 18 weeks. So there is one dealer I've been talking with since December of 2020. Back then he had 20 trailer loads on order. The day i sold my camper i contacted him to see what he had available. He only had two little trailers on his lot since January. He told me everything he had on order was sold and would have to place an order and wait 12-18 weeks. So I told him I'll look around for a few more days and if I didn't find anything I would order one. Within 10 minutes after getting off the phone he called me back. Told me he had a trailer coming at the end of the month. He said it may be more than you were looking for but had a 8.5.x28' Black-out edition coming at the end of the month that he forgot he ordered. So he sent me some pictures of what it will look like. It was exactly what i was looking for. He said he forgot about it so no one else knew about it. Otherwise it would of been sold. Put my deposit down and all i need to do is wait a little for it. I have just about everything in to start the conversion. The cheapest toy haulers start @ $30,000. This one will cost me $7200 plus another $4,000 for all the stuff like AC, HW heater, tub, stove, frig, holding tanks and so on. I'll be able to lay it out exactly how I want it for a fraction of the price. Most toy haulers I looked at wouldn't fit everything we bring when off road riding. I'll be able to fit the UTV, 4 wheeler and Hawk with room to spare.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1231.jpg (188.5 KB, 433 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1232.jpg (178.8 KB, 441 views)
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel