Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2017, 06:26 PM   #1

clutch cable

Just bought a Boom 'lil monster (60 miles on odo). I have never adjusted a clutch cable, but after watching some YouTube university I thought I could tackle it. guess not. I didn't improve my problem at all.

My issue is when I pull my clutch in all the way, it doesn't seem like it "pulls" the cable enough. When the bike isn't running, and I'm in gear, and pull the clutch in, it's reaalllyy difficult to roll. When the bike is running, it's difficult, if not impossible to find neutral.

All my adjustments only seems to make the cable shorter and pulls the "clutch case lever" (don't know the name) a bit up, at resting, which I don't want. It seems that would leave me open to slippage.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Old 11-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

Send a message via ICQ to J-May
Just had the same issue on my boom 125 there should be an adjustment lock screw on the cable about 6"-14" up from where the cable connects to the gear box/clutch actuator. make the nuts further apart. this should allow for the clutch to disengage the driveassembly when the hand lever is pulled in. to make sure its far enough, pull the clutch handle lever in, with it fully in there should be a reduction in noise coming from the engine. might take quite a few turns to get it right.