Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #1

(PICS)Giovanni 250 Oil Level?

hey guys just trying to fix my bros bike he had like a quart in a half of oil in i thought hmmm WAY TO MUCH but then again im not to sure iv only owned a 2 stroke in my time...

how much oil should i throw in? i know im gonna buy some good honda stuff cause i already have about 500ml (half a quart) left from a lil while back.. iv been thinking about taking the bike to a bike store across town but i thought iv give it a go here first...

this stuff is gear oil i think, all that is drained in this air cooled bike i believe choke looks a lil tricky, was reading i can switch the airfilter to a pod filter(uni?) whatever pod means...

any other mods i can do?.. EDIT:: i also updated the gas line...

any help with oil would be awesome folks i got no idea....

Old 08-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #2

look up the engine model online, if you have no dip stick or window youll need to. my 200cc zong takes about 1.2 litres

Old 08-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #3

Nothing on the side that looks like, "1000 cm3" or anything?

Most 200-250cc motors will hold 1.1 -1.4 litres.

Be nice to know though, .5 wouldn't be enough, and 2 would be too much if I'm throwing a guess out there.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #4

i put one liter exactly in my 200cc and it almost fills the oil level sight.

that motor should have the dipstick and a oil level sight... btw i want that motor, its the one im going to try to order next year..

Old 08-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #5

I used exactly 1 liter and found that it was just SLIGHTLY overfilled on my girlfriends X31 2010. This is after starting it allowing the oil to fill the overhead cam assembly and then shutting it off, then checking the oil level quickly.

Going to try 900ml next time.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:43 AM   #6

any GIO DIRTBIKE updates?

thanks for replys...

yeah i found a window, couldnt tell if it was leaking or not been sitting for so long, wiped it off, seen it, gonna grab some more oil tomorrow

finished up wheel, had to tighten chain...

Gonna clean breaks with some break cleaner, do something to chain to,

!!! :oops: looks like the front break doesnt work lol...
:evil:

besides that i need a new oil plug for top, seems he has a crappy bolt in there barly goes past finger tight, might be stripped i dont know yet...

just put about 450 ml of honda oil in ... gonna put another half bottle in and fire it up...

starting seems hard for him, he has a new ngk spark in there so im not to sure about it, i know u need key, u want it to be cold with 4 strokes?,hm his filter needs some love gonna get a new one from UNI if i can, whats the button on the side?

seems like elec start ...not to sure... i dont think his battery works.. anyone have a different battery?..

Old 08-22-2010, 01:47 AM   #7

also ill take a look, i know theres a silver type sticker on front of frame and it says some stuff but i gotta take a 2nd look soon here..

Old 08-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #8

whoa... replaced oil, plug was so damn shitty, gear oiled sprayed out i only went down road and back few times EEKS, noticed it was smoking brought it home loooked down..

damn oil all up side of bike couldnt belieave it, thought it was tight enough...lesson learned here folks.. shitty part is its sat in there loose fine for hours ha wow lets note that down ..

wasnt my doings, im going to replace it with something a tad bigger...

i filled up oil, tightend it better with a crush washer, made sure it still ran good..

drained oil, gonna take bike in tomorrow to check for bolts...

Old 08-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
i put one liter exactly in my 200cc and it almost fills the oil level sight.

that motor should have the dipstick and a oil level sight... btw i want that motor, its the one im going to try to order next year..
motor is good , bike is ok, things need love, i really think this motor is ok considering the damaged thats been done to it,

the dip stick? ahh not the best... plastic ... broke off, my bro is ruff and dumb as u can see but yeah its my bike now so i got lots more new metal and stuff its gonna be alot better soon...

Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #10

10 30 or 10 40 ?.....

:oops:

Old 08-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #11

motor oil weight ?

i will go outside and see what weight i used

Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #12

castrol 4t motorcycle oil (ment for wet clutch) 20w-50

it gets hot in texas figured a little thicket would better for hard running in temps around 100 -110 during the summer

Old 08-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #13

Yeah if it's real hot where you are 20/50 ATV/Motorcycle oil would be okay, but I'd recommend 10-40 ATV oil if it's not 100+ outside.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:33 AM   #14

lol 100 is considered nice in texas during the summer.. last summer tho we say like 60 something days of 105-111 in a row.. now that was hot, like not wanting to go to the store to get more smokes cuz the inside of the car super hot.. i think i still have a slight burn imprint from my seat belt buckle on my lower back..

go to get in the car and sit down, feel something that is so hot at first it feels cool, and then i felt the heat and its the damn buckle

Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizke
lol 100 is considered nice in texas during the summer.. last summer tho we say like 60 something days of 105-111 in a row.. now that was hot, like not wanting to go to the store to get more smokes cuz the inside of the car super hot.. i think i still have a slight burn imprint from my seat belt buckle on my lower back..

go to get in the car and sit down, feel something that is so hot at first it feels cool, and then i felt the heat and its the damn buckle
Since it's a Gio he's more than likely in Canada and not too many places get 100+ for long here. Although if he's on the West coast or around the Great Lakes the humidity can kick you pretty good.