Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2008, 06:08 PM   #1

project Blastard (CHINA-BLASTER) IT'S ALIVE

I did it, I went out and bought a nasty almost totally stripped blaster frame and will be using it to house the extra 200gy engine I have here.

Virtually nothing will get done on it until the weather breaks but I may get some things for it in the meantime.
Front wheels/tires(so I can roll it out of my way)
gas tank (needed to get engine clearance right)
swingarm bearings/bushings+bolt
handlebars & clamps/bolts

It's rough but I'll have no fear in cutting into it.

I think the blasters came with a 520 chain so I'll have to switch over to that and the exhaust will be a concern but the electrical and air filter and making engine mounts will be somewhat easy.

No the engine does NOT just slip in right now

Old 02-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #2

I'm exited for you.
Fun project and should be a fun ride.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 02-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #3

It will be a fun project but it will also just end up an extra.

I have a tank coming for it and at some point when the weather turns a bit better I"ll get the engine up in there and see if it will clear the tank.

I'll probably let my sister take it out for a ride at some point this summer if I get it done in time.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
It will be a fun project but it will also just end up an extra.

I have a tank coming for it and at some point when the weather turns a bit better I"ll get the engine up in there and see if it will clear the tank.

I'll probably let my sister take it out for a ride at some point this summer if I get it done in time.
I she going to be the test rider? It probably be a good low-cost atv for friends and family.

Allen

Old 02-28-2008, 04:07 PM   #5

No she wont be the crash test dummy, thats what I'm for.

It will be a very good, low cost ATV.
She has never really ridden a quad before she said which sort of shocked me because she has owned small dirtbikes in the past and has ridden around denver up in the mountains when she lived there.

Actually I'll probably sell it a year or so after it is rideable.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:36 AM   #6

Well I still havent went down and registered this thing but I do have a fuel tank now and a chinese atv exhaust pipe is coming for it.

I am looking for another parts blaster also since it is the cheapest way to get parts rather than 1 by 1 parts.Lucky for me that people dont know how to take care of a 2-stroke.

I took the tank out to the garage friday and was eyeing it up and it doesnt stick down below the top frame rails to much so that engine might fit in there easily.

I cant wait till this snow is gone and I can get out and tinker with this.

It should be fun, a nibble little quad with a torquey 4-stroke and electric start.Reverse would be nice but these are so small and light that I can just yank them around.

I know it doesnt look like much now.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #7

Got the title in the works and hope to have it soon.

I got an exhaust for it that will no doubt need to be reworked since it is for the chinese 200cc quads.

The weather is finally getting better (highs in the 40's ) but I have so many things to do before I can really get into this thing.I'll be stuffing the engine in the frame before to long.

I have to get the wifes bike ready for summer.
Which means taking the engine out, reworking the engine mount and moving all the electrical mounts and repositioning the battery then install the air filter and pipe and retune.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #8

I have a friend with a 200 blaster with a bad motor. He is wanting to do basically the same thing you are doing. I think he wants to find a motor with a reverse gear though.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #9

Seen a 200cc 4-stroke, 4 speed+reverse china engine on EBAY.

heres one 200cc and another 200cc and another 200cc and a 250cc one more 250cc so yeah there are engines out there if you friend wants to do one but I think the fuel tank is going to be close.

I'd like that engine except the 4 speed but reverse would be OK but then again reverse is not really needed on the lightweight blasters.
I can yank a blaster around pretty easily.(my sister might not be able to though)

I'm more excited about having electric start and a nice running 4-stroke in a nimble little blaster frame more than anything.

I'm just using the engine that I have handy but I just might be able to do another one since I had someone tell me tonight he has two non-running blasters he wants to sell.(cheap=$400)

This is really looking like an easy project compared to the one I did back in the 90's.
We have so many more parts out there than before.
I already have an exhaust that should be much easier to fit up.
K&N makes an air filter for just about anything now which was one of the problems I had back in the 90's blaster conversion.
The only real problem I see is engine / fuel tank clearance and the wiring but even wiring is no big deal.

I can get a 520 sprocket for the china engine so I can just run stock blaster #520 chain.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:01 AM   #10

I will have to show hime the engines in the links you provided. He races Dirt track cars and just wants it for a pit bike. I'm sure he can make it fit too. Thanks and keep us up to date on the progress.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:30 AM   #11

Ummm, Well ?

Umm, Well, how is this project going anyway TeamCheap ????

Is it alive yet ????? Weather is breaking you know ?

Cheers, Kelly5150

Old 04-05-2008, 05:43 AM   #12

Yeah the weather is finally starting to warm up, 50's is a heat wave for me.

I have to go get a parts blaster this weekend and then I have to get to work on the wifes bike then this project will be worked on in full.

It will happen, I did something like this back in the nineties to a blaster but I used a honda 200sx engine but this looks to be even easier to do because there are just more parts out here.

I already have the exaust for it(may need to be modded/gutted) and K&N makes filters for everything now not like back in the nineties.

I'll most likely post the build on my site so at some point when I have a decent update that is where the pics will be.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:05 AM   #13

Cool

Cool,
hope it all happens soon for ya, and oh yeh, the wife too, so you can have something of hers to ride .
Were just evil that way !
My Gal has yet to but part one for her SUNL , because I have bought everything I sudgest her to buy before she gets a chance to do it ?
SHe doesn't know it yet, but I just got her a Pipe and Muffler and a Performance CDI last night off E-Bay too . Since i have the other race bike , I want hers to be a clone of my SUNL so we can compaire them when racing eachother . Plus I want to be able to gloat when I smoke her and tell her that they are actually the same bikes , which they are now .

Nice Web-site by the way , just browsed over it. Looks like a very cool spot to ride you got on your site with the sand and all .

That blaster ought to be cool, and soooo easy to fix up nicely . Will probably suck your bank account up a little but oh well .

Good luck with the Web-site, hope it works out as well as Frostbites is working out for him . Maybe you could eventually make some money from advertizing too ? Not that your probably doing it for that reason, but the potential is there .

Later, Pit-Bike build time, its Saturday here and Kelly is VERY VERY VERY excited to finally get his rims and brakes on this bike and ride today or tommorrow. I hope :(

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

Old 04-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #14

The chinablaster is just an extra, uneeded ( extra credit) toy that will just be a fun project.(might let my sister ride it-if it's safe enough)
Right now I have about $450 into it and I doubt I'll spend much over $600 total unless I start putting tires/aluminum rims, hydraulic brakes and aluminum parts all over it.

The wife has her raptor 350 so she's got a fun ride and her bike will be a lot better soon.
She can stick right behind me when I'm on my bike and she is on her quad except for the real real tight winding trails and the long whooped out sections.
she still stinks at mud crossing on the quad though.

My wife gets mad everytime I buy some parts but oh well. :roll:

yeah thanks for the comments on the web-site.
I was going to go all chinese but then I thought DUH dont want to compete with chinariders and even more so we have a mix of toys so I went a bit more general.
That site is fun but it has only just started and I can see so many changes that will happen over time.

That logo picture is of a small sand hill near ST.helens (mi) and I was on her LF200GY because mine was down at the time.(I look like a bear wearing a white tee-shirt riding a mini bike )
It would climb the hills but it took most of what it had to do it.
I want to take my bike back up there this year and run around to see how it handles it since mine has noticeably more power and just does better than the stock bikes did in the sand.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 PM   #15

My parts so far plus the 200cc china engine that is not in the picture.

I am going to try and use that exhaust form a china quad but it will need to be reworked to fit.

I was doing a little measuring and it will be a tight fit for the china engine.