Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2015, 12:50 PM   #16

I wanted to give an update and also thank everyone again for their help. I was finally able to replace the carb and new throttle cable. I am now able to start my sons 110 Tao Tao.
I have a problem with the idle now but I think it is because the throttle cable is to short so it will not sit still when it idles. I am planning to order a longer one unless it could be something else?

Old 01-19-2015, 04:17 PM   #17

What is the symptom? It won't idle? Idles too high? Idles too low? Not consistent? Need more data...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-19-2015, 04:35 PM   #18

It idles too fast, I tried to adjust the idle on the carb but it is still way to high. The wheels move even if you aren't giving it any gas.

Old 01-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #19

You have the wheels jacked up in the air or on the ground? Its ok if the wheels move in the air. The weight and ground will add resistance and stop the wheels from turning on the ground. If the bike is on the ground trying to move forward at idle speed then yes something needs adjusted. Make sure the end of the cable is seated properly down inside the rubber boot on top of the carb. Sometimes this can be a tricky spot. The metal ferrule of the cable inserts maybe a 1/2 inch or 1/4 inch down inside a metal tube that is inside the rubber boot.

/

Old 01-19-2015, 09:14 PM   #20

Adjuster has given you excellent guidance.

All I can add to that is that sometimes the cable can be routed in such a way as to be trapped. When the cable is trapped, it can pull on the slider. Also, it's a good idea to lube the cable to ensure that it slides smoothly in the housing.

Is there any chance that the slider is in backwards?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer