Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2021, 01:52 PM   #1

X-Pect Fork Specs

Does anyone know what the forks on a Lifan X-Pect are a replica of? I am kinda thinking they are XR200 but they look a little different. They appear to be a 31mm tube but I can’t seem to cross reference that to a comparable bike that I can find specs on.

I am trying to find fluid level specs as I want to add a little fluid to slow down the mid-range damping but I don’t want to go over the max spec

Old 03-02-2021, 03:12 PM   #2

Just add a little bit at a time, and keep records. It could be twinshock XR200, but forks aren't something that people tend to research as much, particularly what/whether they're copied. I would drain the forks to see how much fluid you've got in them, and then try adding oil in 10mL increments until you get where you want to be. You could also try thicker fork oil. If the oil starts blowing out of the seals, you know you've added too much.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:40 PM   #3

Well I decided to just go with my old boomer knowledge.

I added 10cc of 5wt fork oil to the existing factory stuff in the fork. I would have done 7wt but I had 5 sitting around, and as it turns out 5 was perfect.

What a difference, still have the 1.5” sag that I wanted to keep and now the mid to bottom stroke is perfect, firms up exactly as I was hoping so no bottoming expected and I still have the soft suspension at the top end.

Happy X-Pecter

2020 Lifan X-Pect 200efi
2005 Harley Davidson Sportster XL1200R