Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2018, 03:10 PM   #1

FYI high speed wobble, head shaky FYI

I've read several places on here where people experience high speed wobble on their RX3.
FYI There can be a number of reasons for this on ANY bike.
FYI This post isn't how to trouble shoot and fix the bike.
FYI This post is about WHAT TO DO IF your going down the freeway and experience this and don't want to end up sliding down the road on your head with bike in tow.
FYI If ANY bike you are on wobbles or starts shaking ,SIMPLY LEAN YOUR UPPER BODY FORWARD CLOSER TO THE HANDLE BARS and it will/should stop.
FYI By moving the center of gravity forward (read my fat a$$) it stops the shakies. I've been going down the highway loaded down many times and at speed it starts to shake. RX3, DR650, Versys. I lean forward and it no shaky no more.
FYI To experiment ,I lean forward then backward and I find the spot where it will start wobbling .Weight distribution is that sensitive. .
FYI There may be a reason it wants to do the wobbles and you should check that out. Loose head bearings, low tire pressure, windscreen ,hand guards acting like airplane wings, luggage heavier towards rear of bike, etc.
FYI But leaning forward will save your underware and get you back under control quicker then thinking about it, and then Bob's your uncle , Or so I've found. rj
YMMV
Caviat Emptor, etc, etc