Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > News, Support, & Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2019, 09:07 PM   #1

Tao Tao Rhino rear brake issues....no light

Whats up fellow riders

I been searching all over for this issue but cannot find....so if you know of a previous similar issue just send me there

My front lever brake works fine....rear light comes on....starter works when pulled in.....my question is ....isn't the rear foot brake pedal supposed to do the same? my rear light is not coming on when I press on the foot brake pedal and the Rhino does not start when I press the foot brake pedal

Maybe I have a crap connection.....I tried to trace the wire from the rear brake pedal....and I had to already replace the fuse....everything else works tits.....I was told to replace the fuel line because the come with crap hole line....and it is only a matter of time it will start flaking and ruin the carb

any insight into how I can fix my rear brake light to go on with the rear brake pedal

peace out

anyone in the San Jose CA area want to go riding let me know

Old 10-26-2019, 03:56 AM   #2

Is the rear brake switch adjusted right? Yes engine should start and brake light should work with the rear brake.

Old 10-26-2019, 01:25 PM   #3

Hey there Muflap

I serious do not know......if it is adjusted right

Everytime I get my face down there and press the rear brake pedal with my hand it all looks like it is going fine

I would not be able to tell if it was adjusted right

.....damn......if you can let me know what an adjusted correctly rear brake pedal should perform like..

...maybe the fuse back down in that area could be the problem.....it went out once when I had the key on and when I took it out with the key on.....grounded shorted out....replaced it .......so maybe that is the culprit

it's really strange the whole entire concept of the particular engineering of that rear brake area fuse and how it all kind of just sits there

who knows

any one near me in San Jose CA who knows about all this I can trailer it over to your garage or come over to my place

not giving up!! hahaha

Vince

Old 10-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #4

The switch is simple. A standard motorcycle brake switch used for decades. Pull the pin far enough out and it completes the circuit turning on the light and enabling the starter. Try pulling on the switch pin or spring by hand or unplug it and touch the two wires from the harness together which will bypass the switch.

Old 10-28-2019, 01:39 PM   #5

safety features on atv

check your rear brake light sensor for the foot brake...… I tell people to put a big gob of silicone on the threads … because it is plastic... you can not tighten it up.... it comes out iof adjustment ,.. and the foot safety switch does not let you start it.... you will see it in the video... when he shows you the rear disc brake... it is on the righ side... just after the foot brake lever... mounted to the frame.... it is activate when you step on the foot brake... and the spring pulls the plunger out.... check the adjustment.. and it will be fixed..... the odd time they are touchy to activate....

Old 10-28-2019, 01:41 PM   #6

atv safety features,,,, foot brake sensor

forgot link

Old 10-31-2019, 04:43 PM   #7

Update

so after seeing the plastic part below....I came to the conclusion

my sh#$% broke !

now I need to order the replacement part...

any idea the part # ???...

Had no idea it was busted...see pics......I thought it was supposed to come out and be in 2 pcs......oil well.....the part on the rear brake is broke as the day is long hahahah

NO WONDER ...this is my problem right...why it is not letting me work the starter or the light working???....duh!

looks like the plastic is busted in two......

who knows the part number

see pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191031_094735.jpg (82.7 KB, 1722 views)
File Type: jpg 20191031_094942.jpg (92.0 KB, 1683 views)
File Type: jpg 20191031_095454.jpg (94.2 KB, 1655 views)

Old 10-31-2019, 05:03 PM   #8

Universal switch. Easy to find. I would change it out to a hydraulic switch.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=motorcycl...b_sb_ss_i_8_17
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #9

Looks like the plastic nut was overtightened. I bought 5 or 6 of them from eBay a few years ago because I occasionally break them. Under $1 each from China. The same switch is used on all my bikes.

Old 11-05-2019, 03:40 PM   #10

Plastic nut

That's why I tell my customers to put a big gob of silicone on the threaded part... so the nut can not come loose as since it is plastic... you can not tighten it up... that way it does not come loose and out of adjustment... yes you can get a lot of other parts to use... ebay is the cheapest way... wait from CHina.. or look at local parts sellers on killergokarts.. familygokarts… or partskit… google it.. Chinese parts dealers.