Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2018, 05:25 PM   #1

Rehab roketa update

Been a couple weeks. Waiting for a 27.5 for my bike.
Today i replaced the inner tube in the front with a hd irc. The tube that was in it wasnt stock, and the rimstrip said made in chine, so someone has been in there before. Picked up three tire irons yesterday at harbor freight. 5$ each. Its not that hard. Although, i did reuse the og tire, so its worn stretched a little. Lots of baby powder, new rim strip, no proad spokes. I almost put arm power to one iron and realized it would pinch the tube. Its holding for now at 28 psi. Ill check it again tomorrow. I als had a couple fanny packs laying around and lashed on to the front and one to the rack. Also wired in a tail light from a 1979 xs650. .
Ya, the more i look over this bike, the more i realize that it is what it is. A cheap knockoff, but that doesnt mean it has to be a throw away piece. You get what you put into it.
Through the years ive seem some production welds that were very questionable. Beings that im a welder bike trade, i just grind out the offending weld, and do it again.
Maybe this is my christine? (Steven king movie)
Its not terrible. Ive had a 72 honda xl 250 for a few years, and that bike is. A. Tank. And powers thru anything, but its a heavy bike compared to this roketa..
I see no broken welds, sure, some of the gussets and frame stiffeners are ill fitted, but what do you expect?
I like that its a cheap bike, cheap parts. I just buy higher quality parts where the n matters in safety and performance.
Heres pics
1972 Honda xl250
2x early 90's Honda rf600 parts bikes
more mc junk laying around.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus67 View Post
but that doesnt mean it has to be a throw away piece. You get what you put into it. ...

I like that its a cheap bike, cheap parts. I just buy higher quality parts where the n matters in safety and performance.
Heres pics
This is my thought process with my Hawk. I accept it for what it is, so when cheap parts fail I either simply replace it with another cheap part if it isn't critical, or give it an upgrade if it is. Even the "upgrades" aren't really that expensive, but they make up for it with better reliability and peace of mind. The core of the bike is a good, solid, and reliable platform.

I trust my Hawk enough that I would ride it cross country without fear...even if it would be a slow trip lol.

I like how that tail light looks. It suits the bike rather well.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 02-25-2018, 06:22 PM   #3

Thanks. Light was extra i had bouncing around.
1972 Honda xl250
2x early 90's Honda rf600 parts bikes
more mc junk laying around.